Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Target IN - Jesse Lingard

I saw this posted on the BBC just now. 

https://www.weallfollowunited.com/2021/09/13/leicester-city-interested-in-manchester-united-ace-jesse-lingard/amp/

Transfer News: Leicester City register interest in Manchester United ace Jesse Lingard

According to transfer news from Fichajes, (h/t Team Talk), Leicester City are interested in Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard. 

Lingard has reinvented his career ever since his loan move to West Ham United in the second half of the last season, where he made an immediate impact after arrival. Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer chose to hand the 28-year-old another shot at Old Trafford this term. 

Lingard got himself on the scoresheet for England in the latest International break. He scored two goals against Andorra to make his impact felt. He came on as a late substitute against Newcastle United on Saturday to get his first Manchester United goal in 13 months. 

Jesse Lingard celebrates a goal against QPR in Manchester United’s pre-season friendly. Leicester City coach Brendan Rodgers is said to be keenly interested in Lingard. He could provide great attacking intent and has proven his worth with recent performances for club and country. They are looking to bring the Manchester United midfielder to King Power stadium amidst the uncertainty surrounding James Maddison. 

The fact that Lingard is in the final year of his contract with Manchester United makes him an even more attractive proposition.

Jesse Lingard has been at Manchester United for more than 20 years.

West Ham are also firm admirers of the midfielder. He scored 9 goals in 16 Premier League games for the Hammers. Lingard was an integral part of David Moyes’ team that made it to the Europa League that season. 

However, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has maintained that the English international is a big part of his plans for the future.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Either he signs a new contract or signs a pre contract with a foreign team in Jan. Can't see us signing him for a multitude of reasons. 

Lingard would make complete sense for us if the club privately believed that Maddison's hip injury is chronic and we'll never see the best of him again.

• Like 1

Lingard would be a superb signing, giving us more experience. 

As @Ric Flairsaid, the biggest issue with not qualifying for the CL is the budget. Gosens and Lingard were players we wanted but according to press reports, were dependent on us having the finances from the CL. 

He'll be much cheaper in January. Two key factors on whether he signs will be how well we're doing and whether he is getting regular football at Man U as a result of his strong performances from the previous season and start to this season. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Completely reinvigorated his career at West Ham, he's now one of the best English ACM's, better than Mason Mount is performing in 2021. Would love him here.

I’ve never really understood the hype with Mason Mount. He’s not a bad player,

don’t get me wrong - but often doesn’t seem to contribute anything.

Nice hair though, and very marketable as a person - honesty I think that comes in to it these days. Basically he’s a better looking version of Luke Chadwick.

Thought he was absolute tool but he seems to have nuckled down and found some incredible form now being wasted sat on Man Utd’s bench.

I feel he’s the type of player who is all dependant on keeping him hungry and his head straight though, we have one or two were struggling to do that with currently and have arguable failed with doing that in the past only for them to turn out good elsewhere.

Edited by Matt

10 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’ve never really understood the hype with Mason Mount. He’s not a bad player,

don’t get me wrong - but often doesn’t seem to contribute anything.

Nice hair though, and very marketable as a person - honesty I think that comes in to it these days. Basically he’s a better looking version of Luke Chadwick.

This is a bad take 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Narh, sorry but he's another Demarai Gray. Being shit for years at United is the real trend here, not a small purple patch on loan at a new club. 

I found a lot of the goals he scored at West Ham baffling, players just kept dropping off him and allowing him to just walk through uncontested and tap in. 

Buying him after one brief loan stint at West Ham would be like jumping on a player who's just had a good summer tournament with no consideration to previous track record. 

He's 28, he's also a complete muppet, he'd want tidy wages and he'd waste a squad position that could go to a talented young prospect we could build up and sell for profit, given we'd only ever make a loss on Lingard. 

He'd also be tested here in a way he wasn't at West Ham but he has been and failed at United and that's being actually creative. West Ham are and were terrible at breaking teams down that park the bus, they've leaned hard and heavy in to counter attacking. Lingard would probably have been excellent in our title winning season doing the Shinji job centrally behind a striker, counter attacking and linking up the play with his energy. 

But in a passing 4231, played as a wide player or as an attacking midfielder in a team that's trying to break down a stubborn opposition? Think you need to go and talk to redcafe about that because I highly doubt they're full of ringing praise. Hard working grafter, yes, creative play maker no. 

We should be looking for better on the wings (I mean he straight up isn't a winger) and we already have better centrally. 

...there is a lot of posts which seems to be looking at Lingard as a winger!!!

The piece in the paper referred to the situation with Maddison  and you would surmise it would be that position he would fill as opposed to anywhere else.