Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Little known things

2 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

I thought they just changed the name when Leicester officially became a ‘city.’

Apprently not. 

Leicester City formed in 1919 when the city got city status but we apprently took on the debts of Leicester Fosse. 

Leicester Fosse effectively went bust from what I gathered reading the article I read. I'll try and find it. 

In 1919, when League football resumed after World War I, Leicester Fosse ceased trading due to financial difficulties of which little is known. The club was reformed as "Leicester City Football Club", particularly appropriate as the borough of Leicester had recently been given city status. Following the name change, the club enjoyed moderate success in the 1920s;

Edited by Ashley

20 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Part 2 please

........continued

He lived in the tiny hamlet of Bilstone near Market Bosworth. On the day of his trial he cycled to Leicester with his kit in a bag in icy cold weather.

Upon completion of his trial he was given a bottle of pop and a bag of crisps, was "told well done son we'll be in touch".

He duly received a letter from the club telling him that they were pleased to say he had impressed them during the trial and would he attend another one.

On the day in question he woke up early  to find that it had been snowing and that the roads were icy and it was freezing cold.

He thought sod this I'm not cycling all the way to Leicester again just for a bottle of pop and a bag of crisps, so duly jumped back into bed for some more sleep!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 25/09/2021 at 11:57, Ashley said:

Apprently not. 

Leicester City formed in 1919 when the city got city status but we apprently took on the debts of Leicester Fosse. 

Leicester Fosse effectively went bust from what I gathered reading the article I read. I'll try and find it. 

In 1919, when League football resumed after World War I, Leicester Fosse ceased trading due to financial difficulties of which little is known. The club was reformed as "Leicester City Football Club", particularly appropriate as the borough of Leicester had recently been given city status. Following the name change, the club enjoyed moderate success in the 1920s;

Moderate success? We reached second in the old First Division! The best performance till 2015-16.

On 25/09/2021 at 09:24, Jakemoore said:

I think I’ve shared this story before but it was well over 10 years ago now so it’s worth a repeat -

We were playing Watford at home and I was sat in SK1 of the Walkers Stadium as it was then. We were in the championship under Holloway and going down, fast. The football was dross and the Watford fans were loudly singing “yellow army, yellow army”  and in my 13/14 year old mind I misheard what they were chanting so I shouted back “Thierry Henry? He plays for arsenal”. I might have gotten away with it at times recently but in those days the stadium was half full and quiet so everyone in sk1 and possibly the whole kop heard and started laughing at me. 

I don’t even know how I got the two mixed up because as I sit here chanting “yellow army” and “Thierry Henry”  they don’t even sound the same 😂😂😂  but I was probably the most entertaining aspect of that afternoon which says more about how crap we used to be than anything else. 

Sorry to be that guy but you sure it was that season? Holloway never managed us vs Watford at home.. Martin Allen was the manager then in 07/08 and we beat them 4-1 in probably our best performance of the season

• Like 1

9 hours ago, adejo92 said:

When Ndidi moved to Leicester he went to view a house.

The owner asked if he would mind taking his shoes off to which he replied 'Yes' and continued to walk up the stairs with his shoes on.

😂😂

I feel If there was a vid of this you see sunglasses and a spliff appear on Wilfs face

Da da da da

It’s the mother****ing D O double G!!

• Haha 1

We have another Centre Back called Felip Benkovic. He was a revelation in Scotland and compared to the Liverpool god that is Virgil Van Dyke. 

Since then the lesser spotted Benkovic has rarely been seen. He could be the answer to all of our defensive issues, if we went back to 3 at the back, wing backs and two up top. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Sorry to be that guy but you sure it was that season? Holloway never managed us vs Watford at home.. Martin Allen was the manager then in 07/08 and we beat them 4-1 in probably our best performance of the season

Give me a break man, I was a child 😂

• Haha 1

On 25/09/2021 at 11:57, Ashley said:

Apprently not. 

I say if we took on the debts of Leicester Fosse then we get to take on their history too. 1884 stands! lol

• Haha 1

On 25/09/2021 at 12:19, jonthefox said:

The last time we ever played Bolton , i Stuck a piece of chewy i didn't want on the step near my seat. It's still there today. 

Juicy Fruit? Spearmint? Airwaves? 

Was it a stick or a lozenge shaped gum? You can't just tease stories like this.

I wonder if you licked it there might still be some flavour... 

• 2 weeks later...

Just read this on Twitter, made me laugh. The record for most sending off at Filbert Street during its whole existence was Lucas Radebe, along with Steve Lynex and another opposition player.

Find it amazing no other player was sent off twice there, especially Walsh.

Screenshot_20211008-092803_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

On 08/10/2021 at 09:36, Rain King said:

Just read this on Twitter, made me laugh. The record for most sending off at Filbert Street during its whole existence was Lucas Radebe, along with Steve Lynex and another opposition player.

Find it amazing no other player was sent off twice there, especially Walsh.

Screenshot_20211008-092803_Samsung Internet.jpg

Interesting that. I like that one.