Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Little known things

3 hours ago, PaulW said:

Tony Knapp & Ian King both came into my Dad's pub.

There's got to be a rubbish joke about napkins there somewhere but it eludes me.

@weller54?

edit - Ooh got one.  So the Knapp/King brothers walk into a pub and ask 'are you serving yet?'

Serviette - d'you get it?  Like napkin. Serviette...

Oh forget it.

Edited by murphy
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 4

On 24/09/2021 at 02:42, wokinghamfox said:

I shared a Kentucky fried chicken with Ben Marshall on the Narborough Road in 2012. His career has skyrocketed since.

id be interested to know how this happened?

was he like walking passed and you piped up with “ hi Ben, would you like a price of chicken?”

” thanks WokinghamFox, don’t mind if I do!”

1 hour ago, MPH said:

id be interested to know how this happened?

was he like walking passed and you piped up with “ hi Ben, would you like a price of chicken?”

” thanks WokinghamFox, don’t mind if I do!”

.....Ben Marshall is very much one of the lads......!!!

I could imagine him being on the bench and having failed to get on the pitch leaves 5 minutes early, like most and wonders down the Narborough Road for a curry. Un beknown to him Wokingham fox was on the other team and seeing him leave thinks the game is over and follows him out the ground. Marshall couldn't find a curry house but Maryland Chicken had just opened so Marshall went in. As Marshall was still in his trackies he had no money and Wokingham, who by now was thinking this is not how to get to the dressing room, taps Marshall on the shoulder, a startled Marshall promptly drops his chicken bucket all over the floor and starts filling up, the owner at this time had watched him come in stepped in and offered him a bucket of chicken on the house.

Having got outside Wokingham continued to apologise and Marshall seeing that there was more chicken than he could handle offered him a piece.

• Haha 1

On 24/09/2021 at 10:18, Out Foxed said:

seem to remember matt heath being a bit of a knobber too

david nugent, however, top class

Delivered to Nugent loads of times when he lived in Countesthorpe, both him and his Mrs sound as a pound

As are Harvey Barnes mum and dad

• Like 2

On 25/09/2021 at 05:25, OntarioFox said:

Went to school with Liam Moore and played him at footy in PE once. We lost 5-4, he scored all five for them, I scored all four for us.

Got into a fight with him because I tackled him from behind when he was through on goal once again - this was when he was still an academy prospect, had no idea he was. He's an alright guy though, and I forgave him when he scored against Wigan. lol

Humphreys or Rawlins?

14 hours ago, murphy said:

There's got to be a rubbish joke about napkins there somewhere but it eludes me.

@weller54?

edit - Ooh got one.  So the Knapp/King brothers walk into a pub and ask 'are you serving yet?'

Serviette - d'you get it?  Like napkin. Serviette...

Oh forget it.

Don't give up your day job 😂

• Haha 1

On 16/09/2021 at 08:18, Costock_Fox said:

😂 I know mate but it’s worth a shot. He might have photos or sketches in cave walls that shed some light lol 

So bit late coming back to you on this I know, but I've just been speaking to him about it, and as expected he can't remember what kit they played in. He remembered there being a 3rd red kit that was never really used but suspects they played in blue. All he really remembers is how ridiculously hot it was, they played at 10pm and it was still 40 degrees, and that he got a bollocking from the manager when he scored the goal for volleying it straight in the bottom corner instead of taking a touch ! lol 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

So bit late coming back to you on this I know, but I've just been speaking to him about it, and as expected he can't remember what kit they played in. He remembered there being a 3rd red kit that was never really used but suspects they played in blue. All he really remembers is how ridiculously hot it was, they played at 10pm and it was still 40 degrees, and that he got a bollocking from the manager when he scored the goal for volleying it straight in the bottom corner instead of taking a touch ! lol 

Haha brilliant, it’s a bit mental isn’t it.

• Haha 1

In the title winning season a certain player, we shall call for legal reasons fanny thinkporter was shagging one of the agency staff who worked at the ground on match days. He didn’t meet her either at the ground but in ghost in town and had no clue she was event staff. This was smack bang in the middle of his England call up why his mrs who he had a kid with and attending games. He was living up north still at the time but was staying at the Marriott few days a week where he was meeting this bird. 

Edited by TrickyTrev Benjamin

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

In the title winning season a certain player, we shall call for legal reasons fanny thinkporter was shagging one of the agency staff who worked at the ground on match days. He didn’t meet her either at the ground but in ghost in town and had no clue she was event staff. This was smack bang in the middle of his England call up why his mrs was pregnant and attending games. He was living up north still at the time but was staying at the Marriott few days a week where he was meeting this bird. 

Top shagger our fanny

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

In the title winning season a certain player, we shall call for legal reasons fanny thinkporter was shagging one of the agency staff who worked at the ground on match days. He didn’t meet her either at the ground but in ghost in town and had no clue she was event staff. This was smack bang in the middle of his England call up why his mrs who he had a kid with and attending games. He was living up north still at the time but was staying at the Marriott few days a week where he was meeting this bird. 

Are you going to tell us who it was then or not? 

• Haha 3