Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Little known things

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Joe Mattock didn’t want to leave the club and cried his eyes out at Belvoir drive when he was forced to leaved the club. 

Really?? I didn’t know that - he got abuse from our fans after leaving too - if only they’d have known at the time

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sampson said:

We were involved in the biggest home victory, the biggest away victory and the highest scoring draw in English top flight football history.

One of my favourites was that we were involved in the highest scoring draw in league history (6-6 v's Arsenal in 1930), in FA Cup history (5-5 v's Spurs in 1914) and League Cup history (4-4 v's Charlton in 1962).

(Unfortunately this happened: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28652337 so hopefully we can get a 6-6 or a 7-7 this year in the Carabao Cup to reclaim this one).

• Like 3

About 11 years ago there used to be a right character who sat about 3 rows in front of me and to the other side of the stairs. His thing used to be to go mental at the lino no matter how clear cut the decision. He would be giving the willy puller sign to the lino convinced that he could see him (he sat about 3/4 to the back of the Kop). He would always wear a jacket that had “Stoke Golding” on the back and the fellas behind me (who also cottoned on to his antics) called him Stoke Golding. I never spoke to the fellas behind or Stoke Golding but would also watch him during the games as it was entertaining. Anyway he was there all throughout the Levein and Holloway years. However I don’t recall seeing him during or since the title winning season. His old man still goes though and I often wonder what happened to Stoke Golding and if he is ok. It sometimes makes me sad that he sat through all that dross and seemingly missed all of our recent success. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MattFox said:

We were Nottingham Forest’s last ever top flight opponent since that day we’ve been relegated and promoted 3 times and won every major domestic honour and the top 3 divisions.

I was there, three days after my dad passed away although we lost and I had a feeling of ‘Oh FFS Leicester’ at the time, I find a degree of satisfaction in knowing this.