Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Little known things

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Is this true though? Playing devils advocate here to a certain extent as I get Pearson regularly played him on the wing in 14/15 but he was an out and out number 9 in 13/14, no?

Yeah he played mainly in a two up front alongside Nugent or Wood if my memory is right. 

I do have a serious one that I'd say the majority don't know...

At Stamford Bridge in 1954, Leicester City players Jack Froggatt and Stanley Milburn scored what is though to be English footballs only ever joint own-goal.

Milburn was the cousin of Jackie Milburn and uncle to Bobby and Jack Charlton.

It is unconfirmed if Froggatt was any relation to 90's Villa, Wolves and Coventry winger, Steve Froggatt.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Weirdly I've just noticed on the pre-season 87 thread, that my cousin played and scored in that match! 

Is there a thread on here for proper (but slightly obscure) Leicester-related Claims to Fame?

If there isn’t you should start one. ‘My cousin scored in a pre-season friendly against Iraq’ would be hard to beat!!

Edited by Phil Bowman
I’m assuming they played for Leicester and not Iraq!

Just now, Phil Bowman said:

Is there a thread on here for proper (but slightly obscure) Leicester-related Claims to Fame?

If there isn’t you should start one. ‘My cousin scored in a pre-season friendly against Iraq’ would be hard to beat!

Nah, could never beat 'My mate's the ref' lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phil Bowman said:

If there isn’t you should start one. ‘My cousin scored in a pre-season friendly against Iraq’ would be hard to beat!!

Alternatively titled "The Shit claims to fame thread" 

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Aren't ginger cats always male? 

Much more likely but not always, apparently. 

"Whether a kitten displays full or partial ginger coloration depends on how many copies of the “O” gene the kitten inherits. Male kittens need only inherit the dominant “O” ginger gene from their mother to be fully orange while female kittens need to inherit it from both mother and father."

52 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

When I read your posts, this is the picture I have in my head....am I close?

Grange Hill. Series Twelve – Episode One | Archive Television Musings

Not sure why, but each time he posts - I read them as if Stephen Fry is saying it himself (well-educated etc.). :P

Edited by Wymsey