Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Little known things

1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

Weirdly I've just noticed on the pre-season 87 thread, that my cousin played and scored in that match! 

Oh wow really? Would you be able to do me a favour and ask him if he has any recollection of which friendlies we played in the red kit?

1 hour ago, enmac said:

That is a genuine eye opener. Never occurred to me before. I wonder if we'd have still won the PL if he'd played as one of a two? Doubtful. 

Ranieri - genius. 

Pearson deserves a lot of credit for building what we had up to that point but this change alongside giving Mahrez more of a free role were master strokes.

Ranieri doesn't get the credit he deserves which is a bonkers statement to make to the only manager who has won the PL/first division title for us. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh wow really? Would you be able to do me a favour and ask him if he has any recollection of which friendlies we played in the red kit?

😂 I mean it's 35 years ago so not sure he'll even remember that he even played against Iraq but sure I can ask

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

People seem to remember a friendly against iraq, but does anyone remember us beating luxembourg 4-1? Must be 30+ years ago, I was so impressed that we beat a national team. lol 

Beating Luxembourg is like beating Crawley Town 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

😂 I mean it's 35 years ago so not sure he'll even remember that he even played against Iraq but sure I can ask

😂 I know mate but it’s worth a shot. He might have photos or sketches in cave walls that shed some light lol 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Not sure why, but each time he posts - I read them as if Stephen Fry is saying it himself (well-educated etc.). :P

Now there's a thread for the next international break "How do you imagine your fellow Foxestalkers to look like?"

I always read @fuchsntf's post in the style Mark E Smith of The Fall

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Aren't ginger cats always male? 

That's what we thought, and why we bought her and called her Filbert.

Not the case though, you do actually get ginger females. So she's now officially Filberta (at vets and that). But we call her Filbert still which is probably out of order tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Having read your posting history it certainly seems like you might be!

Please please please tell him to never ever read foxes talk.  And also tell him to pass that onto the rest of the squad.

You must be very proud of him.

Yes the family are very proud of him and he doesn’t come on here thank ****. It drives me nuts so you can imagine how it would be for him 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Congratz on the genes, or marrying up. Whichever...Well done he's brilliant 👏.

Did you speak to him after that goal? Bet he was buzzing 

He’s living the dream which you can tell from his interviews but mature beyond his years. I absolutely hate the hammering he gets here at times but I suppose it’s passionate fans and something the family will have to get used to. 

Personally I still find it all a bit surreal he’s only 20 and has a FA cup winner medal. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

He’s living the dream which you can tell from his interviews but mature beyond his years. I absolutely hate the hammering he gets here at times but I suppose it’s passionate fans and something the family will have to get used to. 

Personally I still find it all a bit surreal he’s only 20 and has a FA cup winner medal. 

Ah so pleased for you and him! Yeah I imagine that's got to be pretty tough. I think the sensible lot on here have been really impressed with his development though - seems like he has a pretty high talent ceiling, which is even more exciting considering he's a local lad. Let's hope he and Barnes are Leicester lifers 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whys it always me said:

Yes the family are very proud of him and he doesn’t come on here thank ****. It drives me nuts so you can imagine how it would be for him 

Thats good to hear.  Vardy starts to get questioned on here if he goes 3 games without a goal so if he can be slaughtered anyone can!!!  But I can imagine it is hard for family members to read some of the stuff posted.

He comes across really well in inerviews and seems a very likeable kid.  Tell him to enjoy every second of it, we would all give both bollocks to be in his shoes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whys it always me said:

I really hope that he doesn't get hammered on here. Perhaps I missed it but I think comments are pretty positive reflecting the pride we have in our 4 Leicester lads.