Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
001merp

Warsaw Away

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

There is no logical reason not to extend the invite to members. Other than pure nastiness and spite. General sale I get. General sale means theoretically, say,  a load of polish lads from west end / newfoundpool  could.come.for a rumble. Or anyone else who fancies a ruck.

But if I was a member and didn't have the opportunity to buy, I'd be apoplectic. 

Normally yes but this is somewhere in the middle.

The club will be passing on all the names of those who've purchased tickets through the Police for banning orders etc. Some clubs who regularly play in Europe make you fill out a form with password details etc 

17 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The club fear a laddish culture and do almost everything to deter it. Yet membership should be a minimum requirement to buy tickets??!?! And then also having a go at the bus 1 lot! How have you gone from one end of the scale so quickly. Are you basically saying you just want to sort yourself and and f3ck the rest

Lol, that escalated! 

Yeah, I think membership should bring benefits. As someone else says, if they don't release to members I'd actually consider that a breach of contract. I've discussed on another thread the long term growth of the club depends on a strong membership count. Like it or not, that's how big clubs build their base loyalty

General sale for an overseas game is fraught with complexity.  

Yes, I teasingly.mock the Bus1 crew. They are excruciating at times and rather sanctimonious. But although I'm all for a feisty following, I don't want to see City fans chucking plaggy cafe tables around European squares trying to give it the big I am.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Am I right in saying you could only get an away point as a member in the last three seasons by getting lucky in the ballot?

Loads of away games went to members.

Right now if you were a member on 4 points, you could buy a Millwall ticket for £14 to get that extra point. Every away game this season has gone to members other than Norwich and Brentford.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

37 minutes ago, Lukey Boi said:

As annoying as it is, I'm sure they'll release to all members tomorrow - access to match tickets is a 'benefit' so if there's any remaining surely it breaches that benefit of having a membership

image.thumb.png.db1aee2e14ba9b302126f8dd31b25589.png

If they have any sense and care for the fans they would sell to all members. Even if you weren't a member and wanted to go, you could buy a membership for £15/20 (can't remember the pricing).

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Loads of away games went to members.

Right now if you were a member on 4 points, you could buy a Millwall ticket for £14 to get that extra point. Every away game this season has gone to members other than Norwich and Brentford.

Have they stopped selling away tickets to members via only the ballot then?

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Have they stopped selling away tickets to members via only the ballot then?

Option 1 is to go in the ballot. If you "win" then you are guaranteed a ticket even if it sells out at P1.

Option 2 if you miss out in the ballot, is to hope for it to drop down the bands.

For maybe 75% of games at the min, the ballot is not needed as most games go to members. However, for the popular games (e.g. Norwich this season, or Brentford), the ballot is the only way for a member to get tickets.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The club seem to have released the held back tickets they didn't need. There are now 1,093 left in total.

So in theory, we have sold just under 650 in total.

Bit of a comedy this isn’t it ? Surely it would have made more sense to sell the upper tier tickets first too 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 hour ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Even if this was the case, the club often go above and beyond to make it as difficult for travelling fans as humanly possible.

They claim picking up the tickets in the host city with passport name matching is "UEFA protocol" when it's absolutely fvcking not

Of course, but that wasn’t the point I was commenting on.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

But you need ID anyway to collect your ticket?

This doesn't stop troublemakers travelling, it just stops them and genuine Leicester fans getting in the away end.

Yes you do, but do you think at the point of collection would be the right point to put that control in place?

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bit of a comedy this isn’t it ? Surely it would have made more sense to sell the upper tier tickets first too 

Baffling decision considering they normally sell blocks in order for UK aways.

Going to end up with 800 split over 2 tiers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yes you do, but do you think at the point of collection would be the right point to put that control in place?

Yeah. Why wouldn't it?

Unless there is a reason we don't know about, fans should be allowed to travel and get a ticket when they're sat there and available. 

17 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Baffling decision considering they normally sell blocks in order for UK aways.

Going to end up with 800 split over 2 tiers.

It'll be a free for all. I've booked lower where there is hardly anyone just in case it's a bit too tasty up there. I'm a delicate flower 🌼.....but 99.9% sure I'll get in the upper if I want

12 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Yeah. Why wouldn't it?

Unless there is a reason we don't know about, fans should be allowed to travel and get a ticket when they're sat there and available. 

Because it could be anyone with any kind of criminal record going. The club would get in loads of shit with the police.

At England games you have police checking your passport at the check in gates and making sure you aren’t banned from football.