Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
001merp

Warsaw Away

18 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Look on the flip side if there's any old bill travelling they may get a slap from some Polish cage fighters lol

Seriously tho. ****ing how British is that mentality, let's go to Poland and find a mock Irish bar ffs

It just smacks of laziness to me. You could walk into that Irish bar any week of the year and find British people drinking in there no doubt.

The guy that runs that account who follows Leicester up and down the country as the Leicestershire Police representative has, let’s face it, a fairly simple task 99% of the time. But as soon as that draw was made it should have been “right, there’s propensity for a bit of trouble/danger here so let’s see what we can do to be of use”.

Had his Tweet read: “We’ve been in touch with the local police in Warsaw who have advised that there will not be a designated drinking place for LCFC fans but that there will be a significant police presence throughout the old town. We’ll also be on the ground in Poland liaising with local police forces to keep LCFC fans out of harms way and here is a list of things we have been advised supporters should consider once there…” then I’d have far more respect for it.

But it’s lazy and provides little to no actual insight for those travelling. If you want the friendly policeman persona that these accounts seem to be in pursuit of then at least be of some help and maybe do something to suggest you’re more than just a Twitter account to keep tabs on who you might be able to arrest from the Leicester City fan base.

Again, not sure how this compares to other police forces but I strongly suspect those who have been more used to being in Europe over the past decade have more of an idea of how to actually handle the situation and proactively police. Unfortunately I can envisage a series of blunders by Leicestershire Police over the course of this Europa League group campaign after they showing for the Napoli home tie.

• Like 4

It's no excuse, but I think it's partly to do with complacency.  Let's face it, how many matches are the police ACTUALLY needed for when, for the most part, stewards do the Same role.

We don't have any fixtures like the London derbies, or the Manchester Derby, or even the Sheffield Derby. Policing Leicester must be such an easy gig that when a team visits who are actually tasty, and are intent on causing trouble, they are so unprepared and incompetent. 

Imagine being a Napoli or Warsaw fan where each time you go to the football your enforced by burly officers in full riot gear. You come to Leicester and you have cops who are 4ft tall & wide, about 17 years old, and haven't had conflict since being told to clean their room.

3 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Anyone managed to fill in the polish passenger locator form online? It doesn't seem to present the areas where you actually fill in information.  There is an option to print...

It’s far easier to do on a computer than a phone. I found quite easy last night 

31 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Not sure if anyone’s covered this already but does anyone know what the local covid rules are (not travel related) for when we get there?

Very similar rules as to here in terms of mask wearing. They dropped most of their restrictions as of 31st August. In a lot of cases vaccinated persons don’t count to the capacity restrictions 

• Thanks 3

Just done the Covid test and it's negative. 

Anyone coming back Friday can do their test as from today. Saves messing around in Poland.

Taking your test in the UK before travel

If you are returning to the UK within 3 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test.

When to take your test

You can take the test any time in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.

Edited by Foxes1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Just done the Covid test and it's negative. 

Anyone coming back Friday can do their test as from today. Saves messing around in Poland.

Taking your test in the UK before travel

If you are returning to the UK within 3 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test.

When to take your test

You can take the test any time in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.

Doesn't the flight times matter? 72 hours within the time the flight comes home? Unless that's changed. If I took my test now (I fly back Friday night), it'd be more than 72 hours until my flight.

Doing mine tomorrow morning anyway, just in case.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Doesn't the flight times matter? 72 hours within the time the flight comes home? Unless that's changed. If I took my test now (I fly back Friday night), it'd be more than 72 hours until my flight.

Doing mine tomorrow morning anyway, just in case.

You can take it anytime during the three days before, it actually says if you come back to UK on Friday is can be done Tues, Weds Thursday or Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s far easier to do on a computer than a phone. I found quite easy last night 

Very similar rules as to here in terms of mask wearing. They dropped most of their restrictions as of 31st August. In a lot of cases vaccinated persons don’t count to the capacity restrictions 

I found Firefox browser worked in the end. It was fairly easy to fill in, once questions visible.

17 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

My two old friends have gone to Warsaw today, will get an update later to see if it went smoothly! 

Just returned from Porto & fly back out tomorrow to Warsaw. Overall, the only Covid checks that are done are at the gate & border control (nothing through security) - they only care about seeing your name and negative covid status / double jabbed pass. Faff only comes if you don't have the country requirements, e.g. we went out to Porto assuming the EU covid passport and the NHS one were the same (wasn't the case and Ryanair wouldn't let us board). We did our pre departure LFT in Porto & will be doing the same in Warsaw - it's around 100 PLN / £20.

Outbound Warsaw:  1) Passenger Locator form 2) NHS covid pass (proof of double vaccination or recovery)

Inbound to UK: 1) Negative LFT  2) Passenger Locator form incl. details of Day 2 test booking reference.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lukey Boi said:

Just returned from Porto & fly back out tomorrow to Warsaw. Overall, the only Covid checks that are done are at the gate & border control (nothing through security) - they only care about seeing your name and negative covid status / double jabbed pass. Faff only comes if you don't have the country requirements, e.g. we went out to Porto assuming the EU covid passport and the NHS one were the same (wasn't the case and Ryanair wouldn't let us board). We did our pre departure LFT in Porto & will be doing the same in Warsaw - it's around 100 PLN / £20.

Outbound Warsaw:  1) Passenger Locator form 2) NHS covid pass (proof of double vaccination or recovery)

Inbound to UK: 1) Negative LFT  2) Passenger Locator form incl. details of Day 2 test booking reference.

I'm guessing the NHS one will work for Poland?

Edited by adejo92

2 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

So if I’m going tomorrow morning we he have to fill in the passenger locater form in Poland?

Im flying back 5:30pm on Friday so will take the test around 8pm tonight which makes it under 72 hours by the time I land.

Locator form is here - fill it in before you get to the gate and show it on your phone https://aplikacje.gov.pl/app/klp/#/home

7 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

It says it’s needs to be done within 48 hours of return?

You can do what you want once you get home. I'd suggest most people have zero interest in finding out if they have asymptomatic covid. 

Legally of course, you have to take it. Like legally, you can probably march a flock of sheep through highcross....but very few actually do it