Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
001merp

Warsaw Away

15 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s a big city with lots of bars. We had a cracking night last night and went a belting food hall place this afternoon. Easy to just settle in and not worry about congregating. 

Where abouts dude?

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

The food place? Or certain bars ?

Both really, or anywhere where there's a cluster of places.  We didn't explore massively yesterday due to lack of time but we didn't see anywhere that looks close together etc.

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Both really, or anywhere where there's a cluster of places.  We didn't explore massively yesterday due to lack of time but we didn't see anywhere that looks close together etc.

Hala Kosznyki is the food place but it’s a good thirty minutes walk from where we had to pick up tickets yesterday. 

If you near Foksal/Nowy Swiat cross roads, there is a fair few bars. Very lively last night too. Like student area 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

Just hearing about what a shit show to get out the ground!  Disgraceful to be treated like that.. made to book a taxi before anyone could leave 😱.  Apart from that my friends have had a blast! 

Took over an hour to get out but we didn't have to get a taxi. Eventually they let people leave in small numbers at a time as long as you didn't have colours/scarf etc

53 minutes ago, Jon25747 said:

Took over an hour to get out but we didn't have to get a taxi. Eventually they let people leave in small numbers at a time as long as you didn't have colours/scarf etc

Oh well that’s good I guess, I know my friends had to show proof of an Uber booked. 

26 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

Oh well that’s good I guess, I know my friends had to show proof of an Uber booked. 

We did as well, not just proof though, they wouldn't let us leave until the Uber was 3 minutes away.

We didn't even have club colours.

We were also headed onto a bus pre match hours before the game and told they serve alcohol at the ground by the police. We knew they didn't serve alcohol because Uefa had it as a high risk game but the tactics of the police to ensure none of us got drunk, or had a good time in general, was worked well.

We weren’t allowed until our taxi had arrived. Our first then cancelled so we were left outside the cordon but able to book another. Then as we were getting in the second the Police ran up to us and made us tell them where we were staying before we were able to leave lol 

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

We weren’t allowed until our taxi had arrived. Our first then cancelled so we were left outside the cordon but able to book another. Then as we were getting in the second the Police ran up to us and made us tell them where we were staying before we were able to leave lol 

Yeah the undercover lot were asking what bars people were drinking in. Had the feel that they knew something more but the roads were empty between the stadium and the city. 

How did everybody find the trip? Performance on the pitch aside?

The city had some cool spots that I wasn't there long enough to enjoy. But i found it all a bit exhausting if I'm honest. 

4am start. Queuing for tickets at the westin , a virtual strip search to get in ground (went to wrong entrance and had to do a full circuit round the ground - those who went will know that was no mean feat) , queuing to get out, blagging  the police cordon to get out, late beer and burger, Check In at hitel midnight, up at 4.30am, farcial queuing at wizz air desks, 1 hour queuing at uk border Control. An argument with a bloke next to me on the plane coming home (his fault). Stop at Toddington for an hour to quick pretend I'm.at work on the laptop.  

Gonna be a slow weekend!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

How did everybody find the trip? Performance on the pitch aside?

The city had some cool spots that I wasn't there long enough to enjoy. But i found it all a bit exhausting if I'm honest. 

4am start. Queuing for tickets at the westin , a virtual strip search to get in ground (went to wrong entrance and had to do a full circuit round the ground - those who went will know that was no mean feat) , queuing to get out, blagging  the police cordon to get out, late beer and burger, Check In at hitel midnight, up at 4.30am, farcial queuing at wizz air desks, 1 hour queuing at uk border Control. An argument with a bloke next to me on the plane coming home (his fault). Stop at Toddington for an hour to quick pretend I'm.at work on the laptop.  

Gonna be a slow weekend!

Sounds lovely

If I do Napoli I'll be taking the Rome option and taking 3 nights for a more relaxed trip. We are most likely going to be out anyway so might as well enjoy the rest. 

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Sounds lovely

If I do Napoli I'll be taking the Rome option and taking 3 nights for a more relaxed trip. We are most likely going to be out anyway so might as well enjoy the rest. 

Yeah. I knew the schedule was a big ask. I'd used all my holidays as it is.

We do have some roughs following us though. Couple of nice blokes I met around and about but on the whole, I found many people rather unpleasant..

I do sometimes wonder if I have anything at all in common with 98% of our fans

Waiting at Modlin for the 21.55 flight to Stansted. The police presence over the last few days was unreal. Exiting the ground last night made me fell like I’d robbed a bank or something. Helicopters, horses, dogs and about 6000 police just at the ground (yes probably an exaggeration, but if you were there you know what I mean).
Train out of Warsaw this afternoon and then a bus to the airport, i honesty thought we’d been transported back about 50 years, cobbled streets and a certain aroma of unwashed bodies on the bus!

It was a great few days away, and we didn’t spend anything like the trip to Copenhagen! It’s a great city, some of the locals aren’t the friendliest or helpful. But on the whole for a £28 return flight, £60 a night in a decent hotel it’s worth the trip. 

Now Moscow, that’s a complete different situation!

Edited by philce

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah. I knew the schedule was a big ask. I'd used all my holidays as it is.

We do have some roughs following us though. Couple of nice blokes I met around and about but on the whole, I found many people rather unpleasant..

I do sometimes wonder if I have anything at all in common with 98% of our fans

I came to the same conclusion. Some absolute tools. Prime location was the Wizz Air desk queue this morning. I try to stay away from the gatherings in the cities normally and hit the less busy more local places. It's obvious to see why everyone hates English football fans, a lot of disrespectful people. Probably no different to those plonkers who go abroad and think they are Kings in foreign places.

It's a shame because they really put me off the football club at times. However, won't let it spoil my trip. Less than 24 hours but it was worth it and enjoyed the place (what I managed to see of it...). And the atmosphere was something else.

As tough as the police were with holding us back, forcing taxis on us, they were very patient and generally friendly. Also, sending us all home in taxis was the safer option and they could control any potential trouble from happening.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I came to the same conclusion. Some absolute tools. Prime location was the Wizz Air desk queue this morning. I try to stay away from the gatherings in the cities normally and hit the less busy more local places. It's obvious to see why everyone hates English football fans, a lot of disrespectful people. Probably no different to those plonkers who go abroad and think they are Kings in foreign places.

It's a shame because they really put me off the football club at times. However, won't let it spoil my trip. Less than 24 hours but it was worth it and enjoyed the place (what I managed to see of it...). And the atmosphere was something else.

As tough as the police were with holding us back, forcing taxis on us, they were very patient and generally friendly. Also, sending us all home in taxis was the safer option and they could control any potential trouble from happening.

Did anybody not make it back on the three wizz air flights to Doncaster, brum.and Luton ? 

When i arrived, there was absolutely no chance I'd make it. But I got lucky with one extra desk.opening up (supposedly.for Luton) as I joined the back of the main queue...and hopped to that.  Did they end up rushing through everyone?

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Did anybody not make it back on the three wizz air flights to Doncaster, brum.and Luton ? 

When i arrived, there was absolutely no chance I'd make it. But I got lucky with one extra desk.opening up (supposedly.for Luton) as I joined the back of the main queue...and hopped to that.  Did they end up rushing through everyone?

No idea, we got to the airport just after 04:00. Queued for about an hour, went through security and managed to get something to eat. Few people didn't fill UK locator forms in...assuming they all made it in the end!

I would assume they would have opened more desks and sped things up to get everyone on. Ridiculous that they couldn't check the locator forms electronically. UK government making our travel over complicated, going into Poland was a breeze. At least it loosens a bit from Monday for the UK.

• Like 1

UK govt outsourcing the testing implementation to airlines  (under threat if huge fines) appals me. Theybhavent got the skills.or staffing to.do the government dirty work. In the end, its the passenger who pays. Financially and through inconvenience.

Random other observation; the public transport there makes me even more disgusted with ours (or better worded, the uk do't have a public transport system). This in supposedly a 'poorer' country. 

Bought a £3.50 quid all.day ticket at the airport. Used it in the end for 5 trips. Bus and train. To and from.airport and 3 trips on the city. Plus, automachines.on the buses themselves to buy in case you haven't got one. Cheap. Easy to buy. And endless travel alternatives. 

Same money gets me a single 3.mile ride into town on an unreliable arriva service. And I can't even then hop onto a bus operayed by first to my onward destination. The occasional trip abroad magnifys how inept our transport infrastructure is. 

• Like 4

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Hello. It's great to hear everyone's different experiences.

I've had a great time (apart from the 90 minutes) and pleased to have gone, the fact that is what such a mission kinda makes it all the more better.

Poland is Poland, outwardly a bit dour but make friends with a few locals and it's great fun.

Expect of course the Legia "ultra" constantly harrasing people out of their bars, shameful really and immature. 

I thought the police played a blinder actually,  clearly wanted us to be protected from the local element but at the same time expected respect for the rules in return.

I wouldn't rush back but very glad I went.

Up the city.