Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
001merp

Warsaw Away

We’ve had no problems at all. Been sensible with bar selections. I didn’t hang around last night but some of our lads got their bar bill paid for by a Legia fan. It’s always the same though isn’t? People who line up to the same old type of bars, acting in the same rude behaviour. Look how we all reacted to Napoli the other week? 

We’ve oddly gained some peculiar respect for the smoke bomb in some quarters. 

Not looking forward to tomorrow’s check in queue judging from everyone’s comments 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Guest David Oldfields Gate
27 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We’ve had no problems at all. Been sensible with bar selections. I didn’t hang around last night but some of our lads got their bar bill paid for by a Legia fan. It’s always the same though isn’t? People who line up to the same old type of bars, acting in the same rude behaviour. Look how we all reacted to Napoli the other week? 

We’ve oddly gained some peculiar respect for the smoke bomb in some quarters. 

Not looking forward to tomorrow’s check in queue judging from everyone’s comments 

I was literally sat quietly in the corner of a local bar with three locals, having a nice peaceful discussion about world football, but was still threatened with violence if I didn't leave when the inspection team came. I don't know how much more respectful I could of been without being the pope!

58 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

No idea, we got to the airport just after 04:00. Queued for about an hour, went through security and managed to get something to eat. Few people didn't fill UK locator forms in...assuming they all made it in the end!

I would assume they would have opened more desks and sped things up to get everyone on. Ridiculous that they couldn't check the locator forms electronically. UK government making our travel over complicated, going into Poland was a breeze. At least it loosens a bit from Monday for the UK.

You Mention “ not being able to check

locator forms electronically “ Are you saying you had to have a printed one to show? 

12 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

I was literally sat quietly in the corner of a local bar with three locals, having a nice peaceful discussion about world football, but was still threatened with violence if I didn't leave when the inspection team came. I don't know how much more respectful I could of been without being the pope!

That sounds fecking crap - was more of a dig at the Irish Bar type crew I was making 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
37 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Btw if you didn’t think we were being watched…. 

Oh the irony of the Ultra hard right using the ultra hard left Twitter platform to chitter chat!  dzien dobry!

Really good trip. I think the police were a bit OTT after the game but I dunno about you lot, I felt they handled everything else well, didn't feel in any proper danger as a result. They're quite on the ball.

I ended up just around the old town for most of it.

Atmosphere was absolutely amazing from their fans. By a mile the best I've witnessed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lestagirl said:

You Mention “ not being able to check

locator forms electronically “ Are you saying you had to have a printed one to show? 

As in it gets checked when you check in online rather than a human having to check every person manually. Polish locator forms weren't checked by anyone

Results aside it's been incredible, I've got no issues with the police at the end, it took ages and I was getting a bit bored but I haven't seen any trouble, police I spoke to were very friendly, and the warsaw fans despite the noise, didn't seem like any trouble was going to ever happen due to the strict operation.

I said it from the start, if you look for trouble you'll find it, if you generally go around life not being a d*** that behaviour is respected worldwide.

Amazing few days, but I'm ready for home and a greggs. 

Beautiful city, until next time Warszawa!

• Like 1

Think a lot of travelling City fans hadn't understood that the Police where their for *their* safety, not because of the expectation they'd cause trouble themselves.

On the whole, though, very pleased to see there was very little, if any trouble at all.

On a personal note, extremely glad to see so many City fans enjoying both the atmosphere at the ground, and the city of Warsaw itself.

Perhaps i am just miserable, but i found Warsaw a bit miserable, including the people we met.

It was a good trip, and although i think the policing looked a bit paramilitary, it completely made sense and it was all done with the best intentions and it kept us safe. The police were much friendlier than they looked in all that gear, and you could tell they were not worried about us as a fan base, but clearly knew what their own were capable of.

It's probably the only time i can think of where i have left the country and actually been glad to return home. 

All down to personal experience & opinion though.

Edited by adejo92

57 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Perhaps i am just miserable, but i found Warsaw a bit miserable, including the people we met.

It was a good trip, and although i think the policing looked a bit paramilitary, it completely made sense and it was all done with the best intentions and it kept us safe. The police were much friendlier than they looked in all that gear, and you could tell they were not worried about us as a fan base, but clearly knew what their own were capable of.

It's probably the only time i can think of where i have left the country and actually been glad to return home. 

All down to personal experience & opinion though.

Agree re. Some of the people, I’m glad to be home now. My experience has been soured by the last part of the trip. I took a taxi from the station to the airport yesterday as I had 50-60 zloty left to spend, and the fare is around 40, so around £7-£8.

When we arrived at the airport, I handed over the 50, was about to tell the driver to keep the change if there was any. He pointed at the meter, it said 471 zloty, which is around £88!! He said it was a private taxi (it wasn’t, I’d made sure to get one with official pricing on the window), and that it was a special price because there was a lot of traffic. I refused to pay this - I couldn’t anyway as I didn’t have that kind of cash. Then he said he wanted £20 off me. Told him I didn’t have that either. He proceeded to lock me in and stood outside blocking the door, saying he’d take me back to the station if I didn’t pay. He told me I had to go to the ATM in the airport. I gave in as I was late for my flight and I wanted to get away from him. So he marched me into the terminal. He settled on another 50 zloty, I handed over 60 as I could only get multiples of 20. I’m so so angry about this. I was taken advantage of, and feel somewhat violated, particularly as a lone woman in his car.  I was basically robbed in broad daylight. If I hadn’t been panicking about getting the flight, I would’ve stood my ground some more and maybe threatened him with the police, and got his details.  But I just wanted to get rid of him, and get away.

I almost missed check in as a result of this mess That’s another story of miserable locals- I was literally one minute late for the scheduled check in, and the plane was delayed by 90 minutes. I had to beg them to let me check in, I was reprimanded and told I must do better, but luckily they let me on! 

• Sad 3

24 minutes ago, NZ_Foxile said:

Agree re. Some of the people, I’m glad to be home now. My experience has been soured by the last part of the trip. I took a taxi from the station to the airport yesterday as I had 50-60 zloty left to spend, and the fare is around 40, so around £7-£8.

When we arrived at the airport, I handed over the 50, was about to tell the driver to keep the change if there was any. He pointed at the meter, it said 471 zloty, which is around £88!! He said it was a private taxi (it wasn’t, I’d made sure to get one with official pricing on the window), and that it was a special price because there was a lot of traffic. I refused to pay this - I couldn’t anyway as I didn’t have that kind of cash. Then he said he wanted £20 off me. Told him I didn’t have that either. He proceeded to lock me in and stood outside blocking the door, saying he’d take me back to the station if I didn’t pay. He told me I had to go to the ATM in the airport. I gave in as I was late for my flight and I wanted to get away from him. So he marched me into the terminal. He settled on another 50 zloty, I handed over 60 as I could only get multiples of 20. I’m so so angry about this. I was taken advantage of, and feel somewhat violated, particularly as a lone woman in his car.  I was basically robbed in broad daylight. If I hadn’t been panicking about getting the flight, I would’ve stood my ground some more and maybe threatened him with the police, and got his details.  But I just wanted to get rid of him, and get away.

I almost missed check in as a result of this mess That’s another story of miserable locals- I was literally one minute late for the scheduled check in, and the plane was delayed by 90 minutes. I had to beg them to let me check in, I was reprimanded and told I must do better, but luckily they let me on! 

I like Poland and generally the poles .(I find them.a bit like Leicester people actually, not overtly friendly but generally ok)...but that's an appalling story regardless of nationality. The actions of a coward and a thief.  

Sorry you were a victim of a **** like that. He's a criminal. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I like Poland and generally the poles .(I find them.a bit like Leicester people actually, not overtly friendly but generally ok)...but that's an appalling story regardless of nationality. The actions of a coward and a thief.  

Sorry you were a victim of a **** like that. He's a criminal. 

Every country has its scumbags.

I thought they were great people on the whole, will definitely go back one day for a weekend over there.

• Like 1