Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
001merp

Warsaw Away

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

On that due to lack of leave at work? I’m sure you would get flights for much cheaper, probably a ball ache though 

Indeed. I was paying through the nose for a day trip . All my holiday used up as it was. Gonna fly back to Luton at 6am Friday morning now , arriving 7.30am. Be at desk for 9.30. Easy peasy!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Indeed. I was paying through the nose for a day trip . All my holiday used up as it was. Gonna fly back to Luton at 6am Friday morning now , arriving 7.30am. Be at desk for 9.30. Easy peasy!

Definitely sounds like a 3 day summer cold coming on to me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, when.ur.smiling82 said:

I’ve not received an email, when did you receive it? Had no choice but to book even though it was a rip off as got minimal holiday left.

I've had email. I can confirm it's off. They'd only sold 30 seats. 

I did fear a lack of demand would scupper the trip when I booked. The only chance i was hoping hoping for was 100+ corporate punters gobbled up the seats

I wouldn't call it a rip off. It was, to all.intents and purposes, a private flight. 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I've had email. I can confirm it's off. They'd only sold 30 seats. 

I did fear a lack of demand would scupper the trip when I booked. The only chance i was hoping hoping for was 100+ corporate punters gobbled up the seats

I wouldn't call it a rip off. It was, to all.intents and purposes, a private flight. 

I have had the email just booked from Manchester to Warsaw £37.55

41 minutes ago, when.ur.smiling82 said:

I’ve not received an email, when did you receive it? Had no choice but to book even though it was a rip off as got minimal holiday left.

There are a few early flights on Friday morning. If you want out and back then go Luton. There is also a flight to Birmingham Friday morning but flight out to Warsaw would have to be from a different airport.

As Warsaw flights were pretty cheap, Sport Options was always struggling.

44 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

There are a few early flights on Friday morning. If you want out and back then go Luton. There is also a flight to Birmingham Friday morning but flight out to Warsaw would have to be from a different airport.

As Warsaw flights were pretty cheap, Sport Options was always struggling.

Agree. I'd emailed sport options about Moscow originally, where their expertise is needed

They did West ham to Zagreb last week but there aren't multiple flights there. Plus, Leicester residents have a choice of 6 regional airports all within 90mins drive 

Luton is 6am back / arr 7.30am. I'll wfh on that day, route calls to mobile and should be at kitchen table with laptop for 9.30am

Booked an airport Hotel at Chopin (60 quid) so I don't have to fanny with a taxi early Friday am to airport. 

• Like 1

I'm getting confused by all this. Do we need to do any sort of covid test to gain entry into poland? I had assumed we had to have a negative test before we leave the UK, and another to get back, and then a third 2 days later. 

Or do we just need to fill in the locator form, and show the Polish our vaccine proof (on NHS phone app?) on arrival. 

... And for the covid test to return to UK, I assumed this had to be a pcr test done at a laboratory (and pay a fortune to get it back in time) either before I go, or somehow in warsaw. 

From comments in here, I get the impression I can order a test kit to take with me, do it in the hotel on my own the day before I fly back and then just sent the result back to a website. Is that right?

And then I need to result of that before I can fill in the return journey details. Is that form something I need to print off or is it just submitted online? 

Edited by Snik-Snok

7 minutes ago, Snik-Snok said:

... And for the covid test to return to UK, I assumed this had to be a pcr test done at a laboratory (and pay a fortune to get it back in time) either before I go, or somehow in warsaw. 

From comments in here, I get the impression I can order a test kit to take with me, do it in the hotel on my own the day before I fly back and then just sent the result back to a website. Is that right?

And then I need to result of that before I can fill in the return journey details. Is that form something I need to print off or is it just submitted online? 

Keep.it simple,.fella. 

To gain entry to Poland, you basically need to be double vaxxed. Then, to come home....

A) You need just a lateral.flow.to.fly back.to uk. Cardiff fox has listed the suppliers. You can take the test and.log the result  at home before you go. Nothing to do in Poland

B) you need to have booked a pcr test to take when you get back home in the uk, 2 days after arrival. The passenger locator form when flying back to the UK will.ask you for the order.number . Once home, whether you take it is up to you. Most people don't bother. But having ordered ordered kit, you can if you want.

Cardiff fox has been super helpful with links earlier in the thread of who to buy these things from

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Keep.it simple,.fella. 

To gain entry to Poland, you basically need to be double vaxxed. Then, to come home....

A) You need just a lateral.flow.to.fly back.to uk. Cardiff fox has listed the suppliers. You can take the test and.log the result  at home before you go. Nothing to do in Poland

B) you need to have booked a pcr test to take when you get back home in the uk, 2 days after arrival. The passenger locator form when flying back to the UK will.ask you for the order.number . Once home, whether you take it is up to you. Most people don't bother. But having ordered ordered kit, you can if you want.

Cardiff fox has been super helpful with links earlier in the thread of who to buy these things from

Perfect thanks. Think I've got it now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Agree. I'd emailed sport options about Moscow originally, where their expertise is needed

They did West ham to Zagreb last week but there aren't multiple flights there. Plus, Leicester residents have a choice of 6 regional airports all within 90mins drive 

Luton is 6am back / arr 7.30am. I'll wfh on that day, route calls to mobile and should be at kitchen table with laptop for 9.30am

Booked an airport Hotel at Chopin (60 quid) so I don't have to fanny with a taxi early Friday am to airport. 

I did look at getting a hotel near the airport but even the close ones were a 20 min walk (in the dark). Ended up at the Holiday Inn city centre for £45 and there is a night bus that runs every 20 mins from nearby. Takes 20 mins to get to airport. Looking forward to getting up at 4am!