Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli H Post Match Thread 2-2

Just now, Finnegan said:

Sorry but this is complete and total shit. 

A few rogues said this last time after the Porto game. Oh, Leicester have to get wise, oh its City's fault, our players have to learn about European refs, etc. 

Then magically every other game in the Champions League was fine, as was every game in the Europa League last year and the rest probably will be this year. 

He was fvcking dreadful tonight. Nothing to do with EuRoPeAn FoOtBaAlL, just immensely one sided. Every niggly foul he gave their way, every fifty fifty their way, cards out super fast for us, nothing for them. 

Looked like a ref who'd come in to the game with a preconception that English sides were overly physical and wanted to exert himself. I'm not suggesting for one moment that he wanted Napoli to win or that he was trying to throw the game but he definitely didn't see the contact area impartially. 

He wasn't one sided in my view. I think this thread is a case of fans only remembering the decisions given against them wrongly rather than the ones given for. The referee consistently got everything wrong both ways. We got more yellow cards because we were fouling and breaking up play as we were under a lot of pressure. There's too many conspiracy theories going on in this thread. We played a very good side, were dominated and should be praised that we managed to come away with a point. Lesser teams would not of. 

Napoli are a pretty good team right now and we aren't quite there yet so no disgrace in finding it tough and drawing the game.

We are bedding in some new places and trying to find our mojo again. But there are signs, great finish from Barnes, Soumare got into the game and so on.

It's a long season, as we well know and it's about staying in the competitions and building form.

I think we need to stick by some of these players aswell... Maddison and Soyuncu have been brilliant for us for the most part.

Thought it was a brilliant game of football, obviously disappointed to come away with draw from 2-0 up, but brilliant night and super atmosphere. Was what we want to see from the team and supporters. Ref was red star material, fecking cheat. But draw good against one of best teams we'll meet. Why did Perez go off, he was great first half. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry but this is complete and total shit. 

A few rogues said this last time after the Porto game. Oh, Leicester have to get wise, oh its City's fault, our players have to learn about European refs, etc. 

Then magically every other game in the Champions League was fine, as was every game in the Europa League last year and the rest probably will be this year. 

He was fvcking dreadful tonight. Nothing to do with EuRoPeAn FoOtBaAlL, just immensely one sided. Every niggly foul he gave their way, every fifty fifty their way, cards out super fast for us, nothing for them. 

Looked like a ref who'd come in to the game with a preconception that English sides were overly physical and wanted to exert himself. I'm not suggesting for one moment that he wanted Napoli to win or that he was trying to throw the game but he definitely didn't see the contact area impartially. 

Bullshit.

1 minute ago, eblair said:

Worse game management I’ve seen from Brendan, don’t know what he was smoking

bringing off Perez whilst leaving our two centre mids booked with the nutty ref

then brining off a holding kid for Maddison ffs

I don't know mate, it seems a bit harsh to criticise him for not bringing Soumaré off and then also for bringing him off

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Napoli are an excellent side, but we looked a threat throughout because of the quality and pace of our forwards. 

We had our best spell in the few minutes between the disallowed goal and Barnes' goal, and were looking at our most comfortable before they scored their superb 1st goal.  

Was concerned before the game about Evans and Vestergaard playing together because of their lack of pace and that showed. The latter was outmuscled too many times by Osimhen. Also, disappointed by Youri. He's got the ability to control the game and help us see it out but he gave the ball away too many times. 

Positives are Barnes looking really sharp, he's a confidence player so watch him fly now. Bertrand and Castagne also defended well and Ndidi was solid. Thought Perez started well too but was the right move by Rodgers to take him off as they were hurting us on the flanks. 

And the referee was poor - gave them every 50/50 while being harsh on us. 

Post of the thread :appl:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Little boys on the Internet in getting a chub on for some football fan handbags shocker. 

No doubt Napoli or now our hated rivals for life just because Steve from Neston Gardens through a pack of Rollos at an Italian twelve year old after they equalised. 

Wow, this was typed way too quickly.

1 hour ago, Buggsteam said:

The ref is a fu@king joke. 

how has he sent Ndidi off for that. 

leading the game twice and threw it away with so many basic errors and giving the ball away. 

was lucky to get a point with that performance. 
need to pull their finger out and start playing how we know they can. 

I don’t mean to be a boblet but technically we only led the game once..

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 2

Twitter is pretty toxic tonight, as usual when we don’t win. Dunno why other teams fans jump on us, we’ve just drawn with Napoli who are undefeated this season and beat Juventus at the weekend. Arsenal aren’t even in a European competition but we’re the bottlers? Have a bit of perspective lads. Forest are bottom of the championship!

8 minutes ago, Flappit said:

That hasn't been said. It was mentioned that we could be heading that way based on what has been seen. There are some that would agree and some that won't. Only time will tell. Feel free to point out how wrong I was later in the season. I hope you get the opportunity, but based on what I'm seeing, I doubt it. 

Except it has. Quite clearly. Right here. 

348422860_Screenshot_20210916-224227_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.90c072be994ac6febf7700fe21eac248.jpg

I was simply pointing out that 5 games games in or even 'very shortly' is a bit early to be writing off a season. I wasn't saying everything is great but reactions like this just seem so OTT to me.

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He wasn't one sided in my view. I think this thread is a case of fans only remembering the decisions given against them wrongly rather than the ones given for. The referee consistently got everything wrong both ways. We got more yellow cards because we were fouling and breaking up play as we were under a lot of pressure. There's too many conspiracy theories going on in this thread. We played a very good side, were dominated and should be praised that we managed to come away with a point. Lesser teams would not of. 

Did you watch the same game? There were almost identical fouls; Ndidi's first booking, yet the foul on Bertrand, no booking (oh and their player got treatment but could stay on, yet Bertrand had to go off?). Exact same position on the pitch, they get a free kick at the end, Iheanacho got nothing for a more blatant obstruction. Their player scores and jumps into the crowd; no booking. That one's not even an opinion piece. Even the second yellow for Ndidi was a foul by Lookman if it was a foul. Of course we're bias but when you sit there and watch they stuff happen it's not right. Given Italian footballs corruption history, it gets you thinking (not actually saying that's the case just food for thought)?

• Like 4