Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli H Post Match Thread 2-2

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He wasn't one sided in my view. I think this thread is a case of fans only remembering the decisions given against them wrongly rather than the ones given for. The referee consistently got everything wrong both ways. We got more yellow cards because we were fouling and breaking up play as we were under a lot of pressure. There's too many conspiracy theories going on in this thread. We played a very good side, were dominated and should be praised that we managed to come away with a point. Lesser teams would not of. 

Having just got back home from the game I think I must have watched a different one to you 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

Another poor performance, we just look unfit and everything flows from that, poor mentally, poor technically and poor physically. Made worse tonight in the first half not having Tielemans, we’re so ****ed without him cos nobody else has the balls or quality to pass the ball forward in midfield.

Just hope we can play our way into the season otherwise it could be rather meh

Disappointing atmosphere as well. Expected more, away from the goals it was only anger at the ref that generated proper noise

2 minutes ago, Gearoid said:

The truth is he did not pull his shirt he placed a hand on his shoulder and did not commit a yellow card offence

If you don't think Ndidi committed two yellow card offences in that game then I don't think football is the sport for you. You clearly don't understand the rules! 

Thought we played alright to be honest.

I said before the game I’d be happy with a draw but given we were 2 up, their incessant diving and the ref pandering to them I’m quite disappointed.

Some people might know, I’d always rather look at ourselves and look at what we did wrong before blaming poor officiating but I’m so those officials were diabolical, they need striking off.

I’m gonna go all Liverpool fan-like here, holier than thou, feeling sorry for ourself, always being the victim but after playing Man City at the weekend and all the cheating, breaking rules with no punishment, then tonight disgracefully poor officiating I kinda feel what’s the point? How do you compete with the cheating, rule breaking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spent the last 18 months screaming for us to use our subs before the 99th minute and tonight we used them too early :dunno:

Felt Perez was playing well first half too, Daka was good, he likes the ball to himself quicker than we played but it’s something they’ll work on, felt Lookman struggled when coming on, but again, early days 

Soyuncu being abused but he was great when he first came on when everyone else was dire, should do better on the goal but how are we letting a free cross come in there? 

At the end of the day Napoli are a solid team, I’d personally have taken a point ore-game to get it like that hurts, but it’s a solid point.

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Did you watch the same game? There were almost identical fouls; Ndidi's first booking, yet the foul on Bertrand, no booking (oh and their player got treatment but could stay on, yet Bertrand had to go off?). Exact same position on the pitch, they get a free kick at the end, Iheanacho got nothing for a more blatant obstruction. Their player scores and jumps into the crowd; no booking. That one's not even an opinion piece. Even the second yellow for Ndidi was a foul by Lookman if it was a foul. Of course we're bias but when you sit there and watch they stuff happen it's not right. Given Italian footballs corruption history, it gets you thinking (not actually saying that's the case just food for thought)?

The Iheanacho one was not a free kick for a start, the Napoli one was. Ndidi did foul the man for the second yellow card as well. I too was confused by the lack of a yellow for Osimhen but I was equally confused about how Ndidi got a foul for literally nothing up the other end or the countless other times the referee decided to give a free kick to us for no reason. The ref was shit but not biased. 

I'm so glad Iheanacho did so well. If Maddison starts over him again I'll be mad, nothing against Madders but he's shown nothing close to what Kelechi has so far this season. Good to see Barnes with a goal and assist, seems like playing him back into form might actually be working. Soumaré good, Tielemans shite. Be interested to see if a Soumaré/Ndidi midfield 2 would be progressive enough. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

If you don't think Ndidi committed two yellow card offences in that game then I don't think football is the sport for you. You clearly don't understand the rules! 

I thought the first one was harsh. Good standing tackle and his foot was about 3 inches from ground.

The second is a yellow but only if he pulled his shirt, which I haven’t seen yet. If he had tugged the shirt then yes silly yellow.

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I was quite happy until the Maddison/Soumare substitution!!

..cost us the game IMO.

Soumare ,(after a slow first half) grew into the game and was doing well.  Why bring an out of form, lightweight player like Maddison on when you're trying to see the game out?

No logic or sense in it. 

Suppose you'll argue otherwise?

Was actually surprised by Maddison when he came on, did his defensive duties well I thought and even won what could have been a crucial defensive header in the box 

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

I thought the first one was harsh. Good standing tackle and his foot was about 3 inches from ground.

The second is a yellow but only if he pulled his shirt, which I haven’t seen yet. If he had tugged the shirt then yes silly yellow.

The first one was a pretty bad challenge. Did you watch it on tv? I'm guessing not. It was a borderline red. He planted his foot just above the Napoli players ankle with a fair bit of force. 

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

After refereeing for 14 years the last five in the league of Ireland I know there are no rules just 17 laws

When you don't know what you're talking about it's best say nothing

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Except it has. Quite clearly. Right here. 

348422860_Screenshot_20210916-224227_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.90c072be994ac6febf7700fe21eac248.jpg

I was simply pointing out that 5 games games in or even 'very shortly' is a bit early to be writing off a season. I wasn't saying everything is great but reactions like this just seem so OTT to me.

"to me". So, subjectively? Others have different opinions. I don't think we've played well regularly since before last Christmas. We've stuttered and stumbled and occasionally played well, but have often been bobbins and relied on great saves or saving tackles to see us win games. We've consistently outperformed xg and defined xg against and whenever we don't, we tend to get the beating we often have deserved, but don't always get. 

We've turned onto a ponderous, slow and negative team in recent months that is playing Rogers' brand of possession ball, which means we pass the ball around between defenders until we lose it. I've seen no sign that we can break out of this style recently and it's depressing. I hope it improves soon and yet I see little reason to hold onto that hope. 

Just now, Gearoid said:

After refereeing for 14 years the last five in the league of Ireland I know there are no rules just 17 laws

When you don't know what you're talking about it's best say nothing

To be honest if you don't think that Ndidi pull back was a yellow card I worry about the quality of officiating in the League of Ireland. 

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The Iheanacho one was not a free kick for a start, the Napoli one was. Ndidi did foul the man for the second yellow card as well. I too was confused by the lack of a yellow for Osimhen but I was equally confused about how Ndidi got a foul for literally nothing up the other end or the countless other times the referee decided to give a free kick to us for no reason. The ref was shit but not biased. 

The Nacho incident first half when he was almost away and skinned his man by popping it through his legs? I agree sometimes the striker is playing for the contact but the defender knew what he was doing there and should have been a free kick.

I agree the ref was shit and I’m not saying he was intentionally biased but his shit referring benefited them a lot more

than us.

Anyway the shit ref wasn’t the reason why we didn’t win that match.

• Like 1