Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli H Post Match Thread 2-2

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

Robbed again in European Football Daka’s goal was onside but then we were made to pay for mistakes all over the park sloppy passing and stupid fouls and an incompetent referee!!

Lets hope we sort things out by Sunday back to the League !

I’ve not seen a replay of it but the lineman’s flag never went up so VAR must of gave the offside so surely the decision is the right one? 

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Fair result but can't be giving a 2 goal lead away so easily. Dont understand how we took off soumare when he was bossing the second half. He dictated our play and made our midfield balanced with youri and ndidi. Ref was shocking but we also don't help ourselves with some naive decisions 

Match fitness. 

7 minutes ago, eblair said:

We had Hamza, KDH and Amartey on the bench so two are not the same are they

Well neither is Soumaré a holding midfielder and at that point we already had Tielemans next to Ndidi anyway. I don't think it was an especially bizarre sub given, as you've already pointed out, Soumaré was on a booking and I can understand why he wouldn't want to throw KDH in for his European debut when we're trying to close out a game against one of the best teams in the competition. 

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Bans galore there. Kid should really delete the tweet.

Can notice how fcking clever the Napoli lot are. Belts and ran straight back into the crowd. 

Saw twenty of them walking the wrong way down Churchgate, must have been ready to do the Salmon over 😂

9 minutes ago, Flappit said:

"to me". So, subjectively? Others have different opinions. I don't think we've played well regularly since before last Christmas. We've stuttered and stumbled and occasionally played well, but have often been bobbins and relied on great saves or saving tackles to see us win games. We've consistently outperformed xg and defined xg against and whenever we don't, we tend to get the beating we often have deserved, but don't always get. 

We've turned onto a ponderous, slow and negative team in recent months that is playing Rogers' brand of possession ball, which means we pass the ball around between defenders until we lose it. I've seen no sign that we can break out of this style recently and it's depressing. I hope it improves soon and yet I see little reason to hold onto that hope. 

Of course it's subjective, it's my opinion. Listen, it's getting boring. It's quite simple, I've said that in my opinion it's daft to write-off the season this early, you don't agree, I get it. You're pessimistic about this season, fine. You think we're a negative team, fine. I'm not going to agree with you and you're not going to agree with me. Pointless continuing the discussion.

• Like 1

As a Nigerian, I remember I thought Osimhen was the perfect player for your team to buy to eventually replace Vardy. Similar in that he wants to run the channels and press constantly, nowhere near the finisher of course, but much more physical. Was very good tonight.

Leicester are a strange team at the moment, it feels like there is little idea what the best team actually is in attack and attacking midfield. There are a number of fairly established and talented players in those positions and most are all really pretty different: Vardy is Vardy, Kelechi is a 9.5, Daka's generally played in a two, Perez is more of a pressing/hardworking #10 than anything else, and Maddison is a real old school AM who plays through balls and takes set pieces. Barnes and Lookman are the only players I'd say are like for like. Feels like different players will thrive based on the shape you line up in. Tough job for Rodgers, tbh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I’ve not seen a replay of it but the lineman’s flag never went up so VAR must of gave the offside so surely the decision is the right one? 

looked v close when watching on TV but when they put the var lines up they were quite far apart

image.thumb.png.9406b34a09153dd7ca902ac592c82a4f.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

The Nacho incident first half when he was almost away and skinned his man by popping it through his legs? I agree sometimes the striker is playing for the contact but the defender knew what he was doing there and should have been a free kick.

I agree the ref was shit and I’m not saying he was intentionally biased but his shit referring benefited them a lot more

than us.

Anyway the shit ref wasn’t the reason why we didn’t win that match.

I agree he’s not solely to blame but I felt our players lost confidence in being able to put a foot in 

10 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Robbed again in European Football Daka’s goal was onside but then we were made to pay for mistakes all over the park sloppy passing and stupid fouls and an incompetent referee!!

Lets hope we sort things out by Sunday back to the League !

Wasn't inside tho' was it. 

11 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Fair play to the Leicester lad in the white shirt. No fuchs given. Facing a lifetime ban from the KP though surely lol

The guy at the back doing the bouncing thing... lol

"Forward", he cried, from the rear, and the front rank died...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jonezy said:

they were by far the better team

Don't agree with that personally. Thought we played the better football for the first hour fairly comfortably. We wobbled after they scored, looking like a team with a makeshift defence and some confidence issues. 

Thought they looked a bit underwhelming and wasteful before the last quarter. 

Ironically, think Rodgers was a bit too keen with the subs this time. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He wasn't one sided in my view. I think this thread is a case of fans only remembering the decisions given against them wrongly rather than the ones given for. The referee consistently got everything wrong both ways. We got more yellow cards because we were fouling and breaking up play as we were under a lot of pressure. There's too many conspiracy theories going on in this thread. We played a very good side, were dominated and should be praised that we managed to come away with a point. Lesser teams would not of. 

Were you at the game?