Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli H Post Match Thread 2-2

Just now, st albans fox said:

He tugged his shirt 

Not one Leicester player said anything to the ref - not wilf, not youri who was close by.  It’s a tug and whilst the ref could have let it pass, given the stage of the game, he wasn’t the type to do that …….

It was a tug, and therefore we can't argue too much with the second yellow, except for the fact that every single decision the ref seemed to make seemed to be in Napoli's favour. 

Every time a Napoli player fell to the floor it was a free kick to them, any time we seemed to have a player bundled to the ground, he waved play on. 

I'm certain he got some of those right, but on the balance of play, it didn't look at all like the unbiased referring that it should have been.

2 minutes ago, Neutral said:

As a Nigerian, I remember I thought Osimhen was the perfect player for your team to buy to eventually replace Vardy. Similar in that he wants to run the channels and press constantly, nowhere near the finisher of course, but much more physical. Was very good tonight.

Leicester are a strange team at the moment, it feels like there is little idea what the best team actually is in attack and attacking midfield. There are a number of fairly established and talented players in those positions and most are all really pretty different: Vardy is Vardy, Kelechi is a 9.5, Daka's generally played in a two, Perez is more of a pressing/hardworking #10 than anything else, and Maddison is a real old school AM who plays through balls and takes set pieces. Barnes and Lookman are the only players I'd say are like for like. Feels like different players will thrive based on the shape you line up in. Tough job for Rodgers, tbh.

Fair point. Tonight there were 4 starters who are new to the team, two of whom were making their first real appearances against a top flight club to boot. The squad still has a lot to work out, but the better news is at least they have talented players.  Can't overlook the fact too that Evans is playing limited minutes. He's the leader of the backline so take him out and they're going to look disjointed.

• Like 1

If you're going to complain about one of Wilf's yellows then surely it's got to be the first one given that one of their players stuck an identical tackle on Bertrand (I think, anyway) and got away with it. The second was a pretty clear booking I thought, players do not typically get away with pulling opponents back in that sort of position unless it's very early in the game.

• Like 2

I'm gonna be quietly optimistic that we will improve as the season progresses. We will get better as players get more game time and start training together more. Having JJ back can't come soon enough! He will need time to get upto speed but he will. Evans we might as well just cross off for reliability. His foot injury never seems to heal so we got what we got now. Also getting lil Wes back in the new year will be a massive boost again he will need time to get back to his best. All in all we're going to have a but of an inconsistent season. Don't think we will finish top 4 at best top 6 (maybe) unless we really wisen up in Europe we're not going to go far enough. I hope I'm completely wrong and we suddenly click into a well oiled machine. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Just now, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Why are so many people quick to shame our fans when it clearly Napoli fans who have came looking for trouble. I mean they have a history of this don’t they ? Scummy fans and scummy club with a scumbag name for a ground. 

Walked past a number of lads after the game, particularly the one in the white shirt who went in swinging giving it the big one because they'd been involved. Quite happy to have a laugh and joke about it amongst their mates.

Embarrassing to have them associated with our club, hopefully their mindless c***s who have no further association with our club and just turned up tonight for a one off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Walked past a number of lads after the game, particularly the one in the white shirt who went in swinging giving it the big one because they'd been involved. Quite happy to have a laugh and joke about it amongst their mates.

Embarrassing to have them associated with our club, hopefully their mindless c***s who have no further association with our club and just turned up tonight for a one off.

Will you be condemning the Napoli fans behaviour ? 

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

If you're going to complain about one of Wilf's yellows then surely it's got to be the first one given that one of their players stuck an identical tackle on Bertrand (I think, anyway) and got away with it. The second was a pretty clear booking I thought, players do not typically get away with pulling opponents back in that sort of position unless it's very early in the game.

I thought Bertrand made one of the worst challenges all game and didn’t get booked 

They are a very good side so 2-2 isn’t a bad result but……

Gutted to be 2-0 up and draw. 

I can only assume the VAR decision was signalled by the lighting of numerous beacons between the King Power and wherever for it to take that long to come through. 

The ref is in the same league as that French  clown who reffed the Athletico game in the 90’s. I’ve no real complaints about what was given against us just very little was given in our favour from similar tackles. 

You can’t afford to have both central midfielders on yellows in the first 30 minutes against a team like that. 

We did OK, some promising individual performances but we’re nowhere near the levels we need to be as a team to compete for CL football. 

• Like 2