Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli H Post Match Thread 2-2

19 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

People are being far to harsh on their fellow Leicester fans. It's been years and and years since we have seen fighting in the stadium and fighting outside the ground like this. 

Quite obviously napoli fans at fault as Leicester fans behave themselves every week for years on end. fair play to any lads involved for defending themselves and their club. 

Up the the city. 

I was near most of this. Our lot were giving it the biggun from the start obviously because it was Napoli. There were quite a few, let’s say teenage fans, launching bottles and stuff at the more family orientated Napoli fans, then they bricked it when the ultras kicked off. Was a complete mess. 

• Sad 1

The result I can take, disappointing as it is that we went 2-0 up at first. I'm more gutted about Daka's goal being ruled out (once he gets one I think he'll be flying) and Ndidi being sent off. I mean come on, how on earth is that a second yellow? Soft as anything.

Just now, CloudFox said:

The result I can take, disappointing as it is that we went 2-0 up at first. I'm more gutted about Daka's goal being ruled out (once he gets one I think he'll be flying) and Ndidi being sent off. I mean come on, how on earth is that a second yellow? Soft as anything.

Pulling someone's shirt right Infront of the ref is a bit daft, especially when you're already on a booking 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Pulling someone's shirt right Infront of the ref is a bit daft, especially when you're already on a booking 

Pretty much every challenge has some shirt grabbing though, it's not like he tugged him back much. I get your point though, I just think it was harsh - can't remember the last time I saw someone get sent off for grabbing someone's shirt, you know?

Very frustrating evening…. Along with possibly the worst referring display I’ve seen for a while (Brexit) we were not particularly great either……

Started well, but we just seemed to lose a foothold in the game as it went on. Tactically I think Brendan got it slightly wrong tonight, we knew Insigne was going to be a threat, and he seemed to get loads of space and come inside  far too easily, so he was right to react, but putting Daka on the wing should carry a death penalty…. He seems concerned with the pace down their left and I think that was his counter. 

The subs made no difference for me, certainly not defensively nor in attack either, so it was a bit of a bizarre move, I can only imagine Evans had a reaction to that head shot. 

As much as I love him, Cags was poor tonight when he came on, they got in behind us so much easier when Evans went off.

Things that are worrying me at the moment are our inability to defend, our passing and moving and our general ball retention…… it’s just not good enough, we’re making ourselves far too easy to play against, and so far better teams are either beating us or in today’s case fighting  back to draw…. I thought we had looked to shake that soft under belly that had crept back in, but it seems like we haven’t. The ball just isn’t sticking at the moment, there are flashes of beautiful football, but it’s largely clouded with mistakes and slow tempo passing. 

It will come, perhaps it’s because we’ve added more quality into the team and it’s finding it’s way, and I’m sure it will come, o just don’t want us to screw up this Europa league chance, because a win would have set us u beautifully today, we’ve got a horrible group and need to take our opportunities when they come. 

• Like 1

I think we all would’ve taken a point before hand. Especially with Spartak losing yesterday. It’s just disappointing that the point has come from being 2-0 up with 20 to go. Imagine if we steal a 2-2 at their place we’d be elated. Looked good on the counter played some lovely football at times. A bit of inexperience against these type of teams and European nous lacking, we did ok. 

• Like 4

Just now, CloudFox said:

Pretty much every challenge has some shirt grabbing though, it's not like he tugged him back much. I get your point though, I just think it was harsh - can't remember the last time I saw someone get sent off for grabbing someone's shirt, you know?

Well, he didn't exactly get sent off for it lol Just a second yellow, The ref did a lot wrong tonight but this was pretty spot on I'm afraid.

When you know the ref is dishing out more cards than Clinton's you should be smarter than tugging someone's shirt on the half way line right Infront of him 

• Like 3

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Well, he didn't exactly get sent off for it lol Just a second yellow, The ref did a lot wrong tonight but this was pretty spot on I'm afraid.

When you know the ref is dishing out more cards than Clinton's you should be smarter than tugging someone's shirt on the half way line right Infront of him 

No I know, I'm obviously being a bit hyperbolic. I just thought it was harsh, but as you say, the ref might as well have been doing magic tricks the number of cards he was dealing out.

• Haha 1

Just now, enmac said:

Kevin Hatchard, European footy expert just said that the Euros have really set Soyuncu back along with many of the other Turkish players. 

It's definitely done him no favours but what was Soyuncu's excuse in the year or so before the Euros? I really like him but the drop off from his first half 19/20 form has been the most chasmic of the whole squad, and there's some other contenders. I don't think he's just been a victim of the standards he set back then, either - he just feels completely untrustworthy at the moment. It's like a completely different player. 

That said, Vestergaard was worse in the half they played together tonight, apart from at corners where it finally appears we might not concede a bucket load directly. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Very frustrating evening…. Along with possibly the worst referring display I’ve seen for a while (Brexit) we were not particularly great either……

Started well, but we just seemed to lose a foothold in the game as it went on. Tactically I think Brendan got it slightly wrong tonight, we knew Insigne was going to be a threat, and he seemed to get loads of space and come inside  far too easily, so he was right to react, but putting Daka on the wing should carry a death penalty…. He seems concerned with the pace down their left and I think that was his counter. 

The subs made no difference for me, certainly not defensively nor in attack either, so it was a bit of a bizarre move, I can only imagine Evans had a reaction to that head shot. 

As much as I love him, Cags was poor tonight when he came on, they got in behind us so much easier when Evans went off.

Things that are worrying me at the moment are our inability to defend, our passing and moving and our general ball retention…… it’s just not good enough, we’re making ourselves far too easy to play against, and so far better teams are either beating us or in today’s case fighting  back to draw…. I thought we had looked to shake that soft under belly that had crept back in, but it seems like we haven’t. The ball just isn’t sticking at the moment, there are flashes of beautiful football, but it’s largely clouded with mistakes and slow tempo passing. 

It will come, perhaps it’s because we’ve added more quality into the team and it’s finding it’s way, and I’m sure it will come, o just don’t want us to screw up this Europa league chance, because a win would have set us u beautifully today, we’ve got a horrible group and need to take our opportunities when they come. 

Osihnem could have scored a couple in the 1st half, when Evans was playing. That player was the difference. If he wasn't playing our defence would have been relatively untroubled. 

Why do our players look like they've had the confidence kicked out of them? 

We won the FA Cup and CS and have since looked pretty shit. 

Slow, laboured passing is killing us imo. 

Also something isn't right with some of our players. Tielemans looks like Adrian Silva. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Langston said:

It's definitely done him no favours but what was Soyuncu's excuse in the year or so before the Euros? I really like him but the drop off from his first half 19/20 form has been the most chasmic of the whole squad, and there's some other contenders. I don't think he's just been a victim of the standards he set back then, either - he just feels completely untrustworthy at the moment. It's like a completely different player. 

That said, Vestergaard was worse in the half they played together tonight, apart from at corners where it finally appears we might not concede a bucket load directly. 

I don't remember him being so bad last season. Remember the clean sheet in the Cup Final. His head is definitely not straight. Complete loss of confidence. Looks totally miserable. If we had cover, I'd give him a month's holiday back in Turkey. (red list, though! ) 

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Some good stuff, some bad stuff. Some things to be encouraged by, some to be worried by.

For me I just thoroughly enjoyed the night. We can pick holes in the performance all day long but it was a good atmosphere and a good game. It shouldn’t be lost on us how far we have come that we are disappointed not to beat a team of Napoli’s calibre.

Enjoy it.

Spot on. We’re about as good as we can get I reckon. After 18 months away it’s just fab to be back at the ground. I’m determined to try and not be so miserable when we lose this season, appreciate the good times, and laugh off the not so good.

I can remember midweeks at Colchester in the not too distant past.

• Like 3

Weird game to analyse - so I won’t bother.

But what I will say is they are crap defensively and had we attacked them for a sustained period we would have beaten them. The disallowed goal was unlucky and would have made it a comfortable night. We just need to attack them for 45/60 minutes rather than the 10/15 minutes we managed. They crumbled so quickly under our pressure. 

• Like 3