Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli H Post Match Thread 2-2

I proper dislike the dark arts of football, but we really need to step it up. We are too goddamn honest, so the refs never gives us anything. Their 13 stopped 2 counters before finally getting a yellow for stopping Maddison, who went past him, in the injury time. We need to be in the face of the ref and go down screaming even though I hate it, but the refs are flippin buying it constantly.

Still annoyed that the ref gave Ndidi his 1st yellow for a tackle similar to what a Napoli player later did on Bertrand with no consequence; and that multiple times the ref let the game flow when Napoli players blocked the running lane and our players ran into them, yet when Vestergaard does it, he gets a yellow. We need to influence the refs more. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Very true, we’ve just gone for to toe to toe with one of Europe’s elites. 

Toe to toe? We were battered for large parts of that game! We nicked two goals and we're lucky we didn't concede three more. We are so much worse as a team than we were two years ago, it's scary, and yet there are a lot of people that seem to be wearing blue coloured spectacles. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

I proper dislike the dark arts of football, but we really need to step it up. We are too goddamn honest, so the refs never gives us anything. Their 13 stopped 2 counters before finally getting a yellow for stopping Maddison, who went past him, in the injury time. We need to be in the face of the ref and go down screaming even though I hate it, but the refs are flippin buying it constantly.

Still annoyed that the ref gave Ndidi his 1st yellow for a tackle similar to what a Napoli player later did on Bertrand with no consequence; and that multiple times the ref let the game flow when Napoli players blocked the running lane and our players ran into them, yet when Vestergaard does it, he gets a yellow. We need to influence the refs more. 

I really don't agree with this. When Bertrand was caught, it was a glancing blow on his toe. Ndidi went straight through the ball and into the ankle. It was an 8/10 foul where the one on Bertrand was a 5 or 6 at most. 

Way too many people on here are blaming the ref without cause. He was very fast to book some of their players too, but the hive mind on here wants to put forward a reality in which this just didn't happen. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Flappit said:

I really don't agree with this. When Bertrand was caught, it was a glancing blow on his toe. Ndidi went straight through the ball and into the ankle. It was an 8/10 foul where the one on Bertrand was a 5 or 6 at most. 

Way too many people on here are blaming the ref without cause. He was very fast to book some of their players too, but the hive mind on here wants to put forward a reality in which this just didn't happen. 

Hive mind?  Doesn’t take a drone to spot that the ref was toilet. Seen few worse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flappit said:

Toe to toe? We were battered for large parts of that game! We nicked two goals and we're lucky we didn't concede three more. We are so much worse as a team than we were two years ago, it's scary, and yet there are a lot of people that seem to be wearing blue coloured spectacles. 

Yet we have a stronger squad of players. 

1 hour ago, Flappit said:

We were not battered for **** sake, what’s wrong with some fans having an inability to see any positive at all….. yea we lost control of the midfield a bit, but we created chances also, and probably should have held onto a win.

This was a side that beat Juventus last week, can you not show the slightest bit of optimism, the fact we managed to get something from a game we didn’t play that well in considering the opposition is enough of a positive to take forward. 

Of that was Real Madrid would you be as pessimistic? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I’ve not seen a replay of it but the lineman’s flag never went up so VAR must of gave the offside so surely the decision is the right one? 

I thought the VAR was now for obvious offside not microscopic gnats penis length of off side, the guy to the left was just playing him onside so god knows who drew the lines or saw when ball was kicked as it must have been a blind bloke !!

5 hours ago, Flappit said:

We didn't nick 2 goals. Both were excellent in build up and execution. Their 2 were down to one player's opputunism. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

The ref was appalling

I couldn’t work out either why Rodgers brought on Maddison when he did, other than I suppose we might have had further red cards if he didn’t bring a fresh player on

It was backs to the wall most of the game tbf and I thought we did very well to get a draw

Napoli are an exceptional side 

I've rewatched the game, going forward I felt we did very well. Wasted a number of potential attacks through poor final balls but Barnes, Perez, Iheanacho and Daka looked much more dynamic than we've seen from our players this season.

We didn't have control of the midfield though, what I don't like is any notion because we attacked in numbers that we didnt protect our midfield and therefore we need to go more defensive. We need to be more aggressive in our positioning, I can't help thinking our midfield is vulnerable due to the worry what's behind them. When we are confident defensively our midfield comes alive and teams struggle to cope. We've got to get to grips with teams pressing us from the off. If we have to beat the press with a mix up of long and short passing then do it. 

8 hours ago, enmac said:

We didn't nick 2 goals. Both were excellent in build up and execution. Their 2 were down to one player's opputunism. 

Imagine praising the build up for our goals and completely ignoring the team move for their first and labelling it as ‘one player’s opportunism’. Wow. 

9 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I thought the VAR was now for obvious offside not microscopic gnats penis length of off side, the guy to the left was just playing him onside so god knows who drew the lines or saw when ball was kicked as it must have been a blind bloke !!

It was offside. Deal with it.

• Like 4