Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli H Post Match Thread 2-2

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've rewatched the game, going forward I felt we did very well. Wasted a number of potential attacks through poor final balls but Barnes, Perez, Iheanacho and Daka looked much more dynamic than we've seen from our players this season.

We didn't have control of the midfield though, what I don't like is any notion because we attacked in numbers that we didnt protect our midfield and therefore we need to go more defensive. We need to be more aggressive in our positioning, I can't help thinking our midfield is vulnerable due to the worry what's behind them. When we are confident defensively our midfield comes alive and teams struggle to cope. We've got to get to grips with teams pressing us from the off. If we have to beat the press with a mix up of long and short passing then do it. 

I agree.  It was the same with even a team as good as Liverpool last season - weaknesses in defence, especially CB, create knock on problems throughout the rest of the team.  It's why I think we must revert to a 433 for now, to give us extra strength in CM to protect the CBs a bit more. Playing a 10 is a luxury we can't afford at this moment in time, especially as our No 10 is so out of form anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I've rewatched the game, going forward I felt we did very well. Wasted a number of potential attacks through poor final balls but Barnes, Perez, Iheanacho and Daka looked much more dynamic than we've seen from our players this season.

We didn't have control of the midfield though, what I don't like is any notion because we attacked in numbers that we didnt protect our midfield and therefore we need to go more defensive. We need to be more aggressive in our positioning, I can't help thinking our midfield is vulnerable due to the worry what's behind them. When we are confident defensively our midfield comes alive and teams struggle to cope. We've got to get to grips with teams pressing us from the off. If we have to beat the press with a mix up of long and short passing then do it. 

....very much a recurring problem from us and even though we struggled to contain an  very potent Napoli side, I felt we could have really hurt them on the breaks we made!!!

This game would have suited Vardy, with them playing such a high line on the pitch and you needed some composure in releasing the final ball but we rushed it.

Would have loved to see a player like McNeil in the team who is going take the right option and put the ball in the space where it needs to be. 

He may lack pace and any visible physique but he is an intelligent and technical player.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jonezy said:

I proper dislike the dark arts of football, but we really need to step it up. We are too goddamn honest, so the refs never gives us anything. Their 13 stopped 2 counters before finally getting a yellow for stopping Maddison, who went past him, in the injury time. We need to be in the face of the ref and go down screaming even though I hate it, but the refs are flippin buying it constantly.

Still annoyed that the ref gave Ndidi his 1st yellow for a tackle similar to what a Napoli player later did on Bertrand with no consequence; and that multiple times the ref let the game flow when Napoli players blocked the running lane and our players ran into them, yet when Vestergaard does it, he gets a yellow. We need to influence the refs more. 

....it is a bit of a dilemma!!!

I recall Matt Piper saying the same thing, for us to get in the face of the referee, as it is something we tend not to do and you can see they can easily be influenced. 

Personally I do not wish to see us trying to bully the referee  in order to gain any advantage. It says more about the referee than us if he chooses to officiate in a manner where he takes the easy option.

There were options for yellow cards to be issued against Napoli  but he chose not to punish them, and that leniency will affect players approach in respect of blocking or professional fouls being made, and therefore has an indirect impact on the game. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. is it being filmed or is he writing a book!!!

I know he said he wanted to do this with his sons, but it still feels like something else is on the agenda.

On this occasion I think he is doing just what he said he would. I'm not his biggest admirer but he is still a fan of the club and wants to attend games- nothing more than that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I don't think Leicester City are currently cut out for European competition. We just don't have the all round quaility, nor the money to match our rivals.  

We perhaps should stop winning fcukin trophies then or finishing in the top 6.

• Haha 3

I don't think Leicester City are currently cut out for European competition. We just don't have the all round quaility, nor the money to match our rivals.  

I’m sorry but what are you basing that on? The fact they we just drew with Napoli? Not to mention last time we were in the champions league we got the the quarter finals? Man you’ve had one here big time 

• Like 1

We have an absolutely cracking squad compared to most teams in there. It's more a question of who's picked, where they're played and in what formation against whom. That's the job of a good manager. No our manager whining, he's got a far better squad of players now than when we were in the Champions League and we didn't do too bad with those one's considering. Time to perform and stop finding excuses. 

On 17/09/2021 at 19:33, Flappit said:

The ref was nowhere near as bad as people are saying.

ok, challenge for you...... say something positive about last the match....come on you can do it (we scored 2 good goals).....take a deep breath .....come on we're all behind you, you CAN do it......there must be a single positive you can find

If not you're going in the ignore bin with all your doom monger mates and all your future posts will be wasted on me and i'm guessing quite a few others who will put you on ignore

Edited by MrsJohnMurphy

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We have an absolutely cracking squad compared to most teams in there. It's more a question of who's picked, where they're played and in what formation against whom. That's the job of a good manager. No our manager whining, he's got a far better squad of players now than when we were in the Champions League and we didn't do too bad with those one's considering. Time to perform and stop finding excuses. 

Clubs across the board have raised the bar compared to 15-16 - our squad is the best we arguably have had but so is the competition . United, City, Liverpool and Chelsea will 

likely be Top 4 with WHam, Spurs, Us and Everton probably fighting for 5th to 6th.

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

When has he done that?

5 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Clubs across the board have raised the bar compared to 15-16 - our squad is the best we arguably have had but so is the competition . United, City, Liverpool and Chelsea will 

likely be Top 4 with WHam, Spurs, Us and Everton probably fighting for 5th to 6th.

None of which are in the Europa League. The question I responded to was about Europe. 

On 18/09/2021 at 18:38, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I still think we transitioning from a team of hard working counter attackers to a possession based team and it was always going to be a slow process but it’s getting there for me.

Look at West Ham, I don’t think they play particular good football but it’s effective and suits a lot of their players. If they kept this upward trajectory it’ll reach a point when they will be the team with more possession and have to transition also. That’s usually the make and break time to see if a team can push for the top.

I think we have transitioned nicely but there’s still a way to go but I’m happy we’re still trying to do the right things (players we’ve signed/training centre).

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

Napoli absolutely flying at the minute . Can see them winning thier league this season . Makes our result not as disappointing if you ask me .

Screenshot_20210921-102106_Chrome.jpg

Won't last. 

Luciano Spalletti is cursed to never win Serie A. 

Got more chance of Claudio Ranieri winning the Premier League.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

i’ve always wondered how this is actually enforced? 

Not hard to get your mrs or mate to buy your tickets