Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli H Post Match Thread 2-2

Ref was a ****, but our game management was poor. Struggled to keep the ball, and even in the first half we rode our luck a lot. Having said that,

to get 2 up and draw at home is disappointing.

I don’t want to sound like Rob Kelly, but we’ve got an honest bunch of lads - and I’m sure they’ll learn from this. And we’ve not lost… Napoli are an established top European side.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Buggsteam said:

The ref is a fu@king joke. 

how has he sent Ndidi off for that. 

leading the game twice and threw it away with so many basic errors and giving the ball away. 

was lucky to get a point with that performance. 
need to pull their finger out and start playing how we know they can. 

You are aware of the yellow card rule for pulling a player back, right? 

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Disappointed we couldn't win that, but decent result considering the number of chances Napoli had. We looked very good at times and then utter rubbish at other times. The later subs could have been better, the Maddison one didnt really make sense.

Barnes, Nacho, Daka and Soumare all looked good.

Also, ref was desperate to give out a red. What a jabroni.

And a +1 for you too - jabronis galore today 

I'm frustrated because we threw it away a bit. We looked good playing on the break but there are times when playing through the lines just isn't on but we do it anyway. That's a bit naive IMHO.

I also felt that Soumare was our best player at the point he was subbed, our most mobile player at that point. Nacho should have come on as he looked knackered and it was him losing the ball that gave away the ball for their equaliser.

I can’t complain about the ref if that game is in Naples.  You expect to get home decisions in Europe. It was the opposite tonight .  He made no effort to even it up by giving us some  - infact at one point the lino was so embarrassed that he gave us one for their player having his hair in his eyes. 

But let’s not pretend that the ref was the reason we let a two goal lead slip 

before tonight we had conceded the most chances bar Norwich  - we cannot continue to be so open 

• Like 2

Just think they were by far the superior team and we were lucky only one of them could shoot. We haven't got our rhythm going with the ball at all and you just can't keep giving it away, few of our players come out of that looking at the same level, and we look a yard off the pace. That said, we didn't lose, again. But I'm not too optimistic for this European campaign, we look to have gone backwards a little from last season. And playing Napoli still great considering where we've been in the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bfox said:

Got a feeling this season's going to be a write off very shortly. Something seem completely off with this team and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe a little of a lot of things.

Agree, something is definitely wrong, mistakes galore and multiple players of quality look off 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bfox said:

Got a feeling this season's going to be a write off very shortly. Something seem completely off with this team and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe a little of a lot of things.

I share this opinion. We're a shadow of the team we were early last season. I think there will be a lot of angry people in here over the coming months as we continue to struggle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ive seen a fair bit of Napoli and we got away with it tonight so 2-2 the way we are playing is a result.

They were technically streets ahead of us and didn't even turn up until we went 2 up

Shows how much we have to learn and improve if we really want to win this thing.

Without Evans we are horrible at the back

• Like 2

We were - and are - well off it. It'll come.

Rodgers doesn't yet know his best xi nor formation.  I wouldn't have the two goalscorers in the starting xi right now. But it's fine.....teams have to play themselves into form. 

I want a team.with Nacho AND Vards. Castagne AND Ricardo. Soumare to help out an overworked wilf and Youri