Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli H Post Match Thread 2-2

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Really?

The vast majority of calls he made were right if you look at the replays on TV.

Easy to blame the ref.

Maybe look at our inability to see out a game.

Easy to blame others when the fault lies with yourself.

I don't have blue-tinted specs. I think you're partly correct. 

However, I think the inconsistency of the ref was the problem. Napoli did win soft free kicks, we didn't. 

I far from saying we deserved to win, another 10 minutes and we'd have lost. I thought Napoli were very good. Whether we made them look good or not, they are a good side.

The ref was a cock though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Napoli are an excellent side, but we looked a threat throughout because of the quality and pace of our forwards.

You were watching a different game to me. We were utterly toothless for large parts of the game and occasionally threatened. At no point were we a "threat throughout". 

• Like 1

Just now, RoboFox said:

Couple of dodgy calls, and he was probably more lenient towards Napoli, but the referee got most decisions correct. It’s patently obvious we should be looking at our players, not the officials for that one.

Mentally not strong enough to hold on under pressure AGAIN

It’s remarkable how capable we are of just falling apart.

Didn’t we score shit tonnes of goals in the last 10/15 mins of games last season?

And hold on to win an FA cup against a far superior side about 4 months ago?

And win a trophy with a last 5 min goal 4 weeks 6 weeks ago?

• Like 3

We really didn’t deserve the win, Napoli played well and showed their quality at the end. When we showed ours we caused them real problems but it just wasn’t on show enough. We really needed to take control of the ball far better than we did. 

Not the worst result though, all to play for. 

We looked somewhere, not exactly close, but more towards our best going forwards tonight I felt. 

We were a complete horror show at the back in the second half though and that’s ultimately done us. It’s frustrating but hopefully a learning curve. We could play them another 10 times and they’d beat us every single time, and should have tonight really with the amount of chances they created. 

Still a little apprehensive about this season based on what we’ve seen so far. 

• Like 1

Take the point, Napoli unfortunate not to win that to be fair.

Great to see Harvey looking back to the man from last season. 

Ref was awful.

Daka very unfortunate to have his goal chalked off

Not much else to say on the matter. If that was Napoli away, I dread to see how itll pan out at their gaff when they've not got half a team missing lol

So.......

Vestergaard is 8 foot 12 but hasn't got any shoulders.

Soyuncu is playing like a cock 

Napoli were the better team, a draw is a good result. The other games in this group aren't a given either.

We have no real idea of how we are playing, where players are playing, what is the plan? Maddison for Soumare? Daka on the wing? 

Thought Bertrand was quite shit. Can't wait for Justin and Fofana to be back.

Referee was bad, but some of the decisions people moaned about were actually right. Kelechi on the edge of the area wasn't a foul for example. They got a fair few soft ones, but I thought he was just shit as opposed to bent.