Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli H Post Match Thread 2-2

4 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Didn’t we score shit tonnes of goals in the last 10/15 mins of games last season?

And hold on to win an FA cup against a far superior side about 4 months ago?

And win a trophy with a last 5 min goal 4 weeks 6 weeks ago?

Stop being rational. I’m annoyed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, chrisfox said:

Can someone explain how a keeper of Kaspers quality can't seem to kick a ball wihtout it sailing out for a throw?

Fair result but too many passengers again... I'm thinking Madders, Youri, Cags. You know the supposed back bone of the team

Can't blame madders at all, wasn't on long enough. Tielemans was too casual. Cags has gone to shit big time, rash, full of mistakes, didn't ever know where that Oshimen dude was. Need Evans along Vestergaard for a bit. 

Subs were odd. Perez off at half time but had actually played really well, and Soumare off for Maddison was just stupid.

17 minutes ago, Milo said:

Don't think the ref can be blamed entirely.

We were good in patches but the team that finished the game was disjointed and just not really very good. 

Centre defence and centre midfield was pretty weak. 

But it's a learning curve against a strong team.   

Yeah I don’t buy into this blame the ref business. Made some bad decisions, but we did a good job of creating enough problems ourselves.

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Our quality in possession tonight was Burnley level. Really have no clue what has happened to our passing. 

Possibly linked to the above,  we are conceding a huge number of shots. Over 20 again tonight. 

Probably because every team has worked out we try and play out at the back but haven't got the players to do it so they press us and we lose it.

6 minutes ago, Flappit said:

You were watching a different game to me. We were utterly toothless for large parts of the game and occasionally threatened. At no point were we a "threat throughout". 

I think you're being too harsh so the truth is probably somewhere in the middle! Game of opinions but I think our pace caused them issues. 

Vestergaard needs to spend some time in the gym judging by what I’ve seen so far. That first goal, while a good finish, should never have been allowed to happen.

Baffling sub to take off Soumare for Maddison too, especially with the other options available.

All in all we’re lucky to have got a point from that. But it’s not the end of the world - we’ll get through this group, it’s just going to be a tough ask to finish top now.