Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli H Post Match Thread 2-2

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Obviously you missed all the cards we got for not a lot and Napoli got away with.

No, I didn't.

I saw a European game of football with a ref who wasn't good, but certainly didn't favour anyone.

Anyone saying otherwise is going to be very disappointed for the rest of this year's European campaign and any in future years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I ponder if today’s performance provided a summary of our season so far - in that as individuals we have a very good side, but it’s not quite together as a team yet.

And maybe this shouldn’t be a surprise to any of us.

A horrendous injury list, new signings, a shortened and disrupted pre-season following the World Cup and that tricky question if do you start the season with the system we finished with or do we go back to what we had done well with prior to that are all contributing factors in a game of fine margins.

So maybe it will take us a while to hit our stride this season… and with the issues mentioned it might be sensible if we as fans temper our expectations for this season, top 4 was always going to be a tall ask this year anyway… but give it time I think we will grow into something special and blossom towards the business end, so long as we can stick things out in the interim.

There certainly is potential. It just needs to click. I think patience is definitely needed. We’re only just underway in the premier league and we’ve gone toe to toe with a top Italian side.   

• Like 2

The way we defended their second left Soyuncu out to dry. You even seen their striker tell the player where to put it (loft in the air) and he had all the time in the world to do what he wanted. Should be defending a lot more resolute than that with Barnes defending deep with his fullback.

Soyuncu maybe could have read the play and just got right to the striker to block his jump but when the ball came in and he got up early there is little Soyuncu can do.

3 minutes ago, Kopic said:

All I can find is a video of a of blokes line dancing on DMU campus pre kick off.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-napoli-fans-violent-clashes-25005337.amp?__twitter_impression=true

That's all I can find but clearly something has gone on. Loads of videos of pre match on twitter in the city centre. 

Edited by peach0000

15 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

So you think the season is a write off after 5 games?

That hasn't been said. It was mentioned that we could be heading that way based on what has been seen. There are some that would agree and some that won't. Only time will tell. Feel free to point out how wrong I was later in the season. I hope you get the opportunity, but based on what I'm seeing, I doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

What is it with people trying to make out it is the scariest place in the world and we are all going to die? Ffs do these lot not host a match every other week? The murder rate must be through the roof in Naples. Shame they haven’t got a police force or a generally law abiding society. Get a grip of yourselves ffs. We are not going Afghanistan to fight the taliban. The hard on from some on here for how scary and amazing the other fans in our group are is quite frankly embarrassing. 

I'll bang them all out 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

What is it with people trying to make out it is the scariest place in the world and we are all going to die? Ffs do these lot not host a match every other week? The murder rate must be through the roof in Naples. Shame they haven’t got a police force or a generally law abiding society. Get a grip of yourselves ffs. We are not going Afghanistan to fight the taliban. The hard on from some on here for how scary and amazing the other fans in our group are is quite frankly embarrassing. 

Little boys on the Internet in getting a chub on for some football fan handbags shocker. 

No doubt Napoli are now our hated rivals for life just because Steve from Neston Gardens threw a pack of Rollos at an Italian twelve year old after they equalised. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 3