Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton, A Match Thread

Guest Kopfkino

Yet another 45 minutes of Maddison impersonating a professional football. The entire midfield has been awful, Ndidi and Tielemans far too ponderous, Soumare can’t pass the ball forward for some reason. Then it’s like a knife through butter as soon as they get the ball. No idea how we’ve become so bad, 

Maddison shouldn’t come out second half. Get Lookman and get some ****ing running in the team rather than everything being snails pace.

Cant get over the penalty, how you can drag someone down whilst making no attempt to play the ball and derive maximum benefit from it is bewildering. We’re just not getting any luck with referees atm and we desperately need anything we can get

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

Brighton showing how the beautiful game should be played, they do look a very good side.

The first half season under Rodgers we played lovely football. We have massively regressed since then and Rodgers is not helping himself with consistently average starting formations.

• Like 2

Just now, katieakita said:

playing poorly but this ref!! how can there possibly have only been 2 mins added on spent that sorting out the dodgy pen never mind the injury.

Madness. I was saying before the game that my biggest gripe with football are the arbitrary numbers put up at full and (especially) half time. There should have been 5-6, but 2?! And no one even questions it!

Boy, do we stink right now.

Maddison is taking a lot of heat here and well he should, as he's been terrible all season.  But Tielemans play is an equally huge problem.  You can't just keep trotting out guys who aren't performing when you have options on the squad.  There are a lot of obvious things Rodgers is getting wrong but not starting Iheanacho is an absolute travesty.

• Like 2

Vestergaard 6' 6" has to feel he has to clear the ball with his arm in the air, just in case anyone out jumps him, god sake amateurish defending at best. For me Maddison is done, Tielemans head in the clouds over a move away, Vardy an absolute legend but should not now be our 1st choice striker. Get Lookman on straight away in second half,  stop tippy tapping the ball around, put a shift in and earn some of their ridiculous salaries.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't really see what anyone else would or could do up front though.

The issue is we don't go forward, we don't get the ball forward, we're scared to venture of the halfway line, that isn't Vardy or even Maddison (Who i'm not a fan off - but I have to stick up for him and any other forwards players in this instance) fault.

But we keep trying this negative football over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...and some people are still surprised by the outcome.

Two mobile attackers up front offer movement and something for the other players to pass to. It’s slow because there’s nothing to pass to. I’ve been pissed off about this from pre-season. Every time we’ve changed it since then we’ve been far more dangerous.