Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton, A Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Worst half of football since West Ham. Penalty incident aside, we’ve been awful, we currently look awful. Brendan has got a real job on his hands at the moment to get these guys going, the movement off the ball is championship, the passing is sloppy and inaccurate, the attacking threat is not there, and we don’t look like a team at all. 

Maddison isn’t fit, he needs to have this issue looked at and given some time out of the side. 

Sort it out lads, we’re better than this. 

Not based on the first month of the season we're not.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Total over reaction on here. Little between the side other then a dodgy pen.

Sorry, I'm one of the more optimistic fans on here and I don't agree at all. I can't remember a time we've looked fluent in that half. Constantly losing the ball in our own half and unable to build past the halfway line. It's worrying - this side is supposed to have finished 5th in the past two seasons. Where has that team gone?

• Like 3

We've looked rattled for months, tielemans doesn't look like happy bunny, second game in a row I've seen him bickering with one of the defenders. Madison is so low on confidence you can tell he's not playing on instinct and overthinking everything..

• Like 1

Pen was a bit harsh, but Vestergaad not helping himself and needs to be stronger in that situation when someone’s tight on you.

Its another iffy performance again by the looks of it.

We look void of any confidence and it’s showing in our play being sideways & backwards

Thats why everyone’s playing Safe passes.

Were carrying about  3players every match, and you can’t afford to carry anyone in this league.

Defence is struggling with chopping and changing. And the Tielemans,Ndidi and Maddison are just totally off form

Feel for Soumare as I’m struggling to see where he fits into this midfield. As Ndidi and Tielemans are deep.

If we don’t find form soon enough with a tough Christmas schedule, can see us languishing 10-12th.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't really see what anyone else would or could do up front though.

The issue is we don't go forward, we don't get the ball forward, we're scared to venture of the halfway line, that isn't Vardy or even Maddison (Who i'm not a fan off - but I have to stick up for him and any other forwards players in this instance) fault.

But we keep trying this negative football over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...and some people are still surprised by the outcome.

The irony. 

From your seat by the radio, can you explain in what way we've been negative today?

Just now, An Away Move said:

Two mobile attackers up front offer movement and something for the other players to pass to. It’s slow because there’s nothing to pass to. I’ve been pissed off about this from pre-season. Every time we’ve changed it since then we’ve been far more dangerous. 

We play nothing but sideways or backwards passes constantly putting ourselves under pressure.

No matter how much movement is being made up front if you're refusing to pass forwards, scared to get our your own bleeding half the forward plays are not going to do anything, it really is as simple as that.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Maddison is finished with us. Like playing with a man down. Slows everything down in transition

Yep. I'm sick of the sight of him to be honest. Stinks the place out.

Just now, kingfox said:

Our pressing game in the opening 10 mins was brilliant, since then we’ve been horrific.

No shots on target, Maddison anonymous again, Tielemans can hardly keep the ball.

This team looks like mid table fodder atm.

At this moment in time below midtable but again we have a manager who does not have a plan b or c just like ranieri in 2016/17 season

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's very difficult for any manager when your one genuine world class player can't keep the ball or pass it accurately. 

Give it a rest with 'he's had his head turned', that's presumptuous tabloid talk. 

It's not difficult to play players in their natural positions. Maddison on the wing and soumare as a 10 is a travesty, rodgers is far from blameless

• Thanks 1

Ihanacho needs to come on at half time for maddsion.

Lookman needs to come on for Tilemans or Soumare at the same time.

Something needs to change and quickly this football is horrible to watch.

BR really needs to adapt to new football he has 1 plan and 1 plan only his biggest downfall is his stubbornness 

Edited by Fox85
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Total over reaction on here. Little between the side other then a dodgy pen.

are you watching the game by any chance

they missed 2 good chances

we have better possession because they drop deep and let our defenders pass side to side for 3 minutes every time without even pressing them 

image.png.582ed61ea1c7019bb934aea859f1a099.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

What are we doing wrong? what are we missing? Is it Midfield? 

Where to start. 2 Centre halves that look like they've never played football, 2 midfielders who can't be arsed, no balance in the side and a blatant lack of effort and confidence all round. 

• Like 2