Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton, A Match Thread

Not necessarily shite, but just utterly, utterly boring. 

We have been for donkeys now, it doesn't seem like we are prepared to change.

Suicide balls out from the back because the midfield is static, mainly because we pass it about the back 2 for so long the opposition is completely set for every attack we have. 

Vardy anonymous, Maddison worse, Tielemans ineffective.

The more exciting players in Iheanacho and Lookman need to make an appearance. 

• Like 3

Just now, turtmcfly said:

The irony. 

From your seat by the radio, can you explain in what way we've been negative today?

The fact we've constantly under pressure since the first 10 minutes, aswell as what I see most weeks of us being negative.

Perhaps commentary on the radio shouldn't exist in your opinion.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Total over reaction on here. Little between the side other then a dodgy pen.

You're having a giraffe, we may have had possession but hardly a single chance whereas Brighton gain possession and wave after wave of opportunities. We can't play on the break, we can't cross the ball, we can't create an opportunity other than Barnes running it to the line and pinging in a blind effort and we leave bags of space for teams to counter, and to make it worse one of our defenders is a total bomb scare (cags)  and the other not much better but at least looks to pass the ball forward, we're in trouble 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steflcfc said:

Pen was a bit harsh, but Vestergaad not helping himself and needs to be stronger in that situation when someone’s tight on you.

Its another iffy performance again by the looks of it.

We look void of any confidence and it’s showing in our play being sideways & backwards

Thats why everyone’s playing Safe passes.

Were carrying about  3players every match, and you can’t afford to carry anyone in this league.

Defence is struggling with chopping and changing. And the Tielemans,Ndidi and Maddison are just totally off form

Feel for Soumare as I’m struggling to see where he fits into this midfield. As Ndidi and Tielemans are deep.

If we don’t find form soon enough with a tough Christmas schedule, can see us languishing 10-12th.

He literally had another players full body weight pulling him down. 

• Like 1

We started brightly enough but maybe they were just slow to start. We've steadily declined as the half wore on and we finished looking desperate. There's no belief out there, we look shot as a team. BR needs to work some half time magic, makes a couple of changes and get us working as a unit. 

This really doesn't look good.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Maddison is finished with us. Like playing with a man down. Slows everything down in transition

Weve been saying that for weeks and weeks.. doesn't matter that he's shit seemingly!..he gets picked!..

Seriously beginning to doubt Rodgers now!..

His selections and inability to learn from previous mistakes (West Ham games for example) don't convince me he's as good as he's made out to be!

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
4 minutes ago, adam said:

need to get maddison off sharpish. Blokes a waste of time. Roll on 65 minutes for the first sub

Albrighton to come on for Vardy

Just now, J.Lisemore said:

We really do overcomplicate the game of football. I can't bare the passing for the sake of passing, so pointless and managers like Brendan Rodgers get carried away with it. 

Honestly don't get the point of passing around at the back for half an hour and then losing the ball in a dangerous position. It's no less dull than lumping it forward either. 

Well, it is tough to be a defender for LCFC at the moment. Because,

- Our midfielders dysfunctional, ineffective and keep losing balls that creates boomerang affect which puts our defenders under immense pressure all the time.

- Our game plan outdated and BR failed to keep reinventing himself sticking with the one size fits all, style game plan which memorised by everyone.

So bloody predictedable.

- Didn't like the body language in our players and can't see the flame and desire this season so far.

Hoping to see for a better second half which requires some changes.

Keeping the faith.

C'mon lads.

I'd just like to say, on balance - Brighton have looked as fluent as we have discombobulated. It's annoying, but it's true. 

Penalty should have been given as a freekick the other way though. I get why the ref might have given it, but I really don't understand why VAR upholds it.

• Like 1

If brendan makes 0  changes at half then he is watching another game and out to lunch/dinner. I love brendan but mans got to wake up sooner. We react way too late.

He deserves some of the constructive criticism right now. Doesnt mean he cNt turn shit around.

Come on Leicester,  wake up and lets do this. 3 goals!

Handball or not, we're clearly second best. Zero shots on goal compared to their four. 
BR has to make changes and kick some players in the arse. I'd haul off Wilf he's on a yellow and bring KDH on. Ian for Madders and Daka later on, maybe even Lookman if things don't look up soon enough! 

COYL

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

are you watching the game by any chance

they missed 2 good chances

we have better possession because they drop deep and let our defenders pass side to side for 3 minutes every time without even pressing them 

image.png.582ed61ea1c7019bb934aea859f1a099.png

59% possession though... :clap:  :appl::worship::brendan::vardy::riyad::schmike:

HockeyBuzz.com - Forums - Ben Shelley: Previewing New York

How can you have 59% possession and constantly be under pressure? It's beyond me.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

We’ve been poor since about 10 minutes in but we are only losing due to a penalty that should never have been. Absolutely clear foul on Vestegaard, unfortunately the VAR ref appeared to only look at the replay from a distance, presumably as he was happy with the clear handball, he didn’t think it necessary to look at a closer picture which showed a clear foul from a true shitehouse in Maupay. We are playing too slowly and are carrying too many passengers. Vardy is always on the periphery but again there’s Maddison, Barnes and even Tielemans not making their presence felt. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thesilverbluefox said:

Vestergaard 6' 6" has to feel he has to clear the ball with his arm in the air, just in case anyone out jumps him, god sake amateurish defending at best. For me Maddison is done, Tielemans head in the clouds over a move away, Vardy an absolute legend but should not now be our 1st choice striker. Get Lookman on straight away in second half,  stop tippy tapping the ball around, put a shift in and earn some of their ridiculous salaries.

You tend to get your hand up for leverage when someone is GRABBING your other hand with BOTH of their hands...

Vestergaard was NOT to blame for a shockingly poor ref's decision - not just failing to call a foul but penalizing the direct result thereof.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1