Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton, A Match Thread

Biggest issue for me watching this is pace, aggression and pressing. We simply aren’t playing with any at all, it’s almost like players are waiting for something to happen rather than pushing to make something happen. 

What the issue is I really don’t know. We’ve won the FA cup and the Charity shield, we shouldn’t be playing like this….. how can a side that achieved some much recently be so poor often? 

Im bemused I really am……

Recap of handball rules. Harry Kane basketball dribbling in our area with no one around him before setting up a goal - not a handball.

Vestergard gets armwrestled by one player to prevent him jumping while someone heads it into him at distance of a foot - handball.

The ****ing state of referreeing in this country. Might as well just set up an automatic computer coded system. Code as follows:

if (Big_6 == true)

decision = big_6;

else if (Leicester_playing == true)

decision = opposition;

else

random();

• Like 3

I truelly hope what we’re watching is our players playing their worst or most average. They can surely play better but for whatever reasons we are not seeing it. Rogers has to be the ruthless one here in the absence of leadership on the field. Big changes needed to turn this game around and put Brighton on the backfoot la cookaracha is having the time of his life on that left side even nutnegged ricardo

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

not convinced Rodgers has the Foxestalk match thread on a big screen at half time pointing at what Dr The Singh is raging about.

I demand to know why not? Just feckin’ symptomatic of the malaise at the top, right now 😞

1 minute ago, murphy said:

The positives are that we are still in this game even though we probably don't deserve to be.  Crappy VAR decision notwithstanding.   

Some changes at ht and some regrouping and I have a feeling we end up with something from the game.

We only need to up one gear and we'll be fine. Whether we will be able to do so is questionable.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Unbelievable how a VAR ref has missed this. 

20210919_145925.thumb.jpg.e75cbb072afd38c454abebc501680129.jpg

It's a ridiculous rule anyway, the balls nowhere near threatening the goal, it's a freak accident, they just basically get a free goal for nothing. 

But it is what it is. It's happened. Now we've got to turn it around. 

2 minutes ago, Lookatthebluesky said:

Christ this match thread is toxic. We’ve had the best 5-6 years that some of us could ever have envisaged supporting the Foxes through the Levein & Hollowhead years and all the contributors to this match thread can do is slag off the team and individuals.

Yes we’ve played poorly, some players are not in great form and Rodgers continues to play them in the hope that they regain their touch but some of you need to get a grip. How about offering some support and encouragement for a change? It’s the same agenda every week - I don’t really know why I bothered reading the thread to be honest.

Embarrassing

offer some support and encouragement on a match thread? for who exactly

3 minutes ago, Lookatthebluesky said:

Christ this match thread is toxic. We’ve had the best 5-6 years that some of us could ever have envisaged supporting the Foxes through the Levein & Hollowhead years and all the contributors to this match thread can do is slag off the team and individuals.

Yes we’ve played poorly, some players are not in great form and Rodgers continues to play them in the hope that they regain their touch but some of you need to get a grip. How about offering some support and encouragement for a change? It’s the same agenda every week - I don’t really know why I bothered reading the thread to be honest.

Embarrassing

It's a match thread to talk about the football, ya know, players playing well or bad, team selection, good or bad, opposition, refereeing.....not reminiscing about the yonder years