Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton, A Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

We play nothing but sideways or backwards passes constantly putting ourselves under pressure.

No matter how much movement is being made up front if you're refusing to pass forwards, scared to get our your own bleeding half the forward plays are not going to do anything, it really is as simple as that.

It does seem to be sideways, backwards football , not sure if our movement off the ball is the main problem for any out balls or the tactic is to bore the opposition to death.

2 minutes ago, Lookatthebluesky said:

Christ this match thread is toxic. We’ve had the best 5-6 years that some of us could ever have envisaged supporting the Foxes through the Levein & Hollowhead years and all the contributors to this match thread can do is slag off the team and individuals.

Yes we’ve played poorly, some players are not in great form and Rodgers continues to play them in the hope that they regain their touch but some of you need to get a grip. How about offering some support and encouragement for a change? It’s the same agenda every week - I don’t really know why I bothered reading the thread to be honest.

Embarrassing

I agree however support and encouragement doesn’t make any difference in an online forum, it’s when it moves on to people booing the players in the ground that’s it’s a problem.. anyway off goes Maddison so people on here should be happy now

The MASSIVE OVERREACTION here reminds me why I stay away from FT during games...

Granted we have not been at our best, but the SOLE DIFFERENCE has been a shockingly poor ref decision.

Even without creating meaningful chances, we had control of the game prior to the dodgy PK...

After the goal, as can be expected, Brighton's confidence has been raised and they are trying to kick on. 

Anyway, I'm out of here until post-game. COYF! :scarf:

3 minutes ago, sishades said:

Because the 59% possesion is in our own half and penalty area. The lack of any desire and midfield no shows does not help.

It was a rhetorical question, it's quite clear why we dominate possession but are constantly under pressure.

Although perhaps not so clear to those possession based football connoisseurs.

This is one of them games where if I were the manager I’d tell Lookman “go on lad just drive at them every time make something happen!” Doesn’t matter if he loses the ball no judgement. We are already losing so go for it be a hero.

23 minutes ago, Phube said:

Thing is he’s already wasted a sub by needing to change Maddison… 

There we go. 

So now we’re left with a standard defensive injury sub and Nacho on 78mins… :mellow:

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

It's a match thread to talk about the football, ya know, players playing well or bad, team selection, good or bad, opposition, refereeing.....not reminiscing about the yonder years 

Some people never see the good in anything. Difficult today for sure but I prefer to just watch rather than constantly slag the players off

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Honestly don't get the point of passing around at the back for half an hour and then losing the ball in a dangerous position. It's no less dull than lumping it forward either. 

It's the 'fashionable' way to play football nowadays unfortunately, we just overdo it to a point where it's completely pointless. 

Madders being hooked at half time (which is the right decision) is not good for him. A guy who thrives on being the key man, essentially given one of footballs biggest insults. He needs to go back to the drawing board. There is a very talented player seriously struggling at the moment.