Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton, A Match Thread

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Probably because he only fits in a formation that hinders us, yeah it got the best out of him but we are more fluid as a team like this. Obviously Maddison shouldn't be wide or starting though.

How fluid have we been this season though?

He can play in a 3412/352 or play Maddison’s position in Rodger’s preferred position.

5 minutes ago, Clt1900 said:

He can play in a 3412/352 or play Maddison’s position in Rodger’s preferred position.

He doesn't track runners enough for Rodgers to play him as a number 10. We tried that on Thursday and ended up having to move Iheanacho up front meaning Perez came into the centre and Daka out wide just to make up for it.

If Maddison keeps touches down to 1-2 and releases the ball early this lineup could be a treat. Too often he'll get the ball on a counter, take 20 touches and play a fancy outside of the foot pass to a defender. I hope he has a good game, could do with him finding some form.

This is getting somewhat sinister now from Rodgers. I wonder what it actually takes to swallow his pride and make the changes that ought to happen on merit rather than reputation. 

Maddison is surely on last chance saloon before being dropped and yet he's going to likely play him out of position where even when on form in his favoured role he's then heinous on the wing.

It's a brave call from Brendan, at least Maddison won't be suffering from a lack of trust and belief from his manager.

Go and light it up James.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, turlo said:

4 3 3 with Madders out wide or is it a 4 4 2 diamond with Vardy and Barnes up front?

The more I think about this,.despite hating maddison out wide, surely that has got to be the plan. 

Otherwise, with daka and iheanacho as choices over Barnes for a front 2, that is one scary train of thought to shoehorn Barnes up top instead.

Now personally hoping for a 433 and that somehow madders performs or we switch him out for lookman if he doesn't.

So in summary, could be good, only obvious weak link is madders form.

If this doesn't come off, BR needs to treat maddisons bad form the same way he treats players returning from big injuries. Unfortunately with the next run of games after today, they are tailor made for it, so all hail madders the ever present. (Can't help thinking today ain't the day to iron out kinks in honking form though)

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

Madders has the ability to actually play at 70% and still be effective. He just needs to move the ball much quicker.

I noticed BR's body language in the Man City game. He was  frustrated for the first 20 mins when Madders took extra touches and slowed the game down. He managed to pass instructions on and Madders then moved the ball much more quickly after. 

I'm hoping with more minutes under his belt and a good talking to from BR about expectations we've seen him hit his rock bottom and he'll have a better game today. 

Anyway, Ricardo is the biggest plus here IMO. He was looking back to his best where he can be almost unplayable.

• Like 1