Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton, A Match Thread

Just now, Lookatthebluesky said:

Some people never see the good in anything. Difficult today for sure but I prefer to just watch rather than constantly slag the players off

And you're welcome to add the positives, I personally don't see any today other than vesty can pick a pass forward which I've mentioned 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

We play nothing but sideways or backwards passes constantly putting ourselves under pressure.

No matter how much movement is being made up front if you're refusing to pass forwards, scared to get our your own bleeding half the forward plays are not going to do anything, it really is as simple as that.

The reason it’s going sideways at the back and not forwards is because there’s no movement and nothing being offered. We’re seeing the same problem. Personally  I think playing an ageing Vardy as the sole striker is part of the problem. 

5 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I'm going to suggest that we're under pressure because we've been utter turd. There has been no attempt to play a specific type of football I can discern, negative or otherwise. Right now, a series of side to side passes would be a revelatory improvement. 

And I'm fine with your single contribution to the forum existing, just not sure it needs to be posted every other day

Whilst we see it virtually every game i'm not sure I can say anything else?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Huh? So history dictates everything. Referees and VAR can't decide things on history. Ridiculous logic.

no of course not, but i is a good indicator. Otherwise, why do we pick players in a team - because they have a history of performing well in a position. Why are some refs known more for ridiculous decisions - because they make them consistently... and eventually they get cycled out for someone else. Vestergaard has a history of giving pens away, many I would argue that were his own fault, and not a ref or VAR's dodge decision making.

I do agree that Maupay's foul should have been caught and the pen rescinded, but the fact that Vestergaard put himself in that position with the arm out of position was for me, an un-natural position.

8 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Drag Maddison. 

I’m not one for getting on his back, but it needs to be made very clear to him he needs to do much, much more.

5 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

not convinced Rodgers has the Foxestalk match thread on a big screen at half time

Turns out he does. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

The positives are that we are still in this game even though we probably don't deserve to be.  Crappy VAR decision notwithstanding.   

Some changes at ht and some regrouping and I have a feeling we end up with something from the game.

I take it back.