Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton, A Match Thread

I read a stat yesterday that we've lost out on XG in every game this season and it will be the same again today.

Even the worst but one game against Wolves their expected XG was 0.96 goals better than us.

Truth be told our results this season we've been very lucky to get the results we've had this season so far.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Been saying for months now something looks wrong with this City side

We’ve got top players just not performing. Tielemans for instance is miles off how he can play.

Mid table mediocrity looks likely if we don’t get some spark back 

I agree, even Rodgers interviews he’s saying odd things, after the Napoli game it looked like he had been dragged away from a party to talk to a mate he didn’t want to. 

Perhaps there’s been a bit of a busy up in the dressing room I don’t know…. Potentially the covid breach last season caused a bit of an issue that they haven’t been able to shake, because since then we’ve just been hopeless apart from the FA cup and the Charity shield….

I can’t put my finger on what’s going wrong. We should not be getting battered by Brighton….. with all due respect to them, we should be putting teams like this to bed, but we’re not. 

We look frail and lack any kind of energy at all. 

Just now, fox_favourite said:

What we’re missing is a leader in the centre of the pitch. Nothing against kasper being captain, I have never liked a keeper to be captain. Needs someone in the middle to get this bunch organised and push on. A voice from the centre not one from the back that you can’t hear or that person have any influence 

You can't blame Schmeichel for Tielemans standing there like a statue while he should be marking Wellbeck.

It was just a dreadful individual mistake from Tielemans.

2 minutes ago, lozzyblue fox said:

Unbelievable. we have certainly gone backwards under Rogers

Eh? So 5th and 5th and an FA Cup is backwards? 

This season yes. But that’s a silly, reactionary statement!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

We haven’t played remotely well in the league since West Brown at home. Something isn’t right.

What do you expect? We played brilliantly in that first half, full of energy, exciting, playing positively, attacking, going forward and you have Rodgers on the touchline with a face on him, berating them and kicking water bottles, obviously far too positive for him.

Someone questioned if the players are fed up with Rodgers tactics, I know I would be and what i've described above might be what has gone wrong since.

Edited by Matt