Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton, A Match Thread

Guest StevieLynex
15 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

We are so weak in the RW area Jesus christ! I'd rather have KDH than soumare in this match to get more offensive movement against a Brighton team that like to play..   

KDH, yet to make a Premier League start, instead of someone who played almost 100 games for Lille?

433 with Maddison drifting inside like Ayoze does and Ricardo overlapping is how I see this. Rodgers is either a genius or he'll get slaughtered for it later on. I think a midfield 3 to try and combat how many shots we are giving away and being too easy to play through recently. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is getting somewhat sinister now from Rodgers. I wonder what it actually takes to swallow his pride and make the changes that ought to happen on merit rather than reputation. 

Maddison is surely on last chance saloon before being dropped and yet he's going to likely play him out of position where even when on form in his favoured role he's then heinous on the wing.

It's a brave call from Brendan, at least Maddison won't be suffering from a lack of trust and belief from his manager.

Go and light it up James.

Must have another job lined up it's barmy 

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Maddison needs to have a blinder. Bench doesn't look that strong again, but I guess there are a few good players still injured.

How high are your expectations if that bench isn’t that strong? Several players on there that can come on and change a game, as well as a couple that would help us see out a game. Most teams would kill for that bench. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Well I can think of some logical reasons:

Iheanacho, while capable of magical moments, also very often brings everything grinding to a halt.

Daka is new and still finding his feet at this level.

Also, and more importantly, your two ‘clowns’ are completely different types of players to Daka and Iheanacho.

If nacho brings everything to a halt with his goals and assists record over the last 20 odd what does the Maddison of late offer?

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is getting somewhat sinister now from Rodgers. I wonder what it actually takes to swallow his pride and make the changes that ought to happen on merit rather than reputation. 

Maddison is surely on last chance saloon before being dropped and yet he's going to likely play him out of position where even when on form in his favoured role he's then heinous on the wing.

It's a brave call from Brendan, at least Maddison won't be suffering from a lack of trust and belief from his manager.

Go and light it up James.

I wonder if there's an agreement in place for January to sell him and we need to make him look indispensable. We also have someone lined up to use the money on... 

It's the only logical reason I think of.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Soumare was like Paul Daniels at times V Napoli. Think we've unearthed a gem here. 

He did win Ligue 1 with Lille so I expected him to be handy… certainly want to see more of him so good to see he gets a start today

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I wonder if there's an agreement in place for January to sell him and we need to make him look indispensable. We also have someone lined up to use the money on... 

It's the only logical reason I think of.

Or that Iheanacho is being saved for the European games…

In fairness to Rodgers I think that's a decent side. I'm pleased he's gone for 3 in midfield as it's been a big problem I think and Brighton's is quite good. Would sooner have seen Iheanacho or Daka for Maddison but there you go. I'm just hoping that because of a strengthened midfield, Maddison will sit just behind a front 2 with any width coming from Ricardo and Bertrand. 

• Like 1