Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton, A Match Thread

My 2 most recent memories of us using the diamond formation yealded polar opposite results:

Southampton away 2017 - Disaster

Villa away 2019 - Success

Feel like today could be similar in terms of being a huge success or an epic fail

Edited by tickler28

Its either a diamond which I imagine won't be pretty, or its Maddison on the wing, which again anyone with eyes and a brain can see, won't be pretty

Hard to see past Brighton for me. Everything just feels a bit flat atm and feels like some fortunate results have been papering over cracks for a while.

Good to see Bouba get a first league start! 

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He did win Ligue 1 with Lille so I expected him to be handy… certainly want to see more of him so good to see he gets a start today

I know but if he's as good as I think he's going to bigger clubs will be scratching their heads to as why they didn't sign him for such a small relative fee. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

My 2 most recent memories of us using the diamond formation yealded polar opposite results:

Southampton away 2017 - Disaster

Villa away 2019 - Success

Feel like today could be similar in terms of being a huge success or an epic fail

we switched to it last season at home verses Liverpool after we went 0-1 down.

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

So far this season he has been our most creative player… creating more than twice as much as Maddison 

Then there's not been much creation at all really then has there. Inadvertently you've summed up the problem,  neither deserve a place currently. Maddison we have seen in the past has been a really good player and just needs some time maybe. You could give Perez another 5yrs and he'd still be gash.

19 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Well I can think of some logical reasons:

Iheanacho, while capable of magical moments, also very often brings everything grinding to a halt.

Daka is new and still finding his feet at this level.

Also, and more importantly, your two ‘clowns’ are completely different types of players to Daka and Iheanacho.

For all Iheanacho's faults and there are some, nobody can deny that in 2021 he continues to score and assist at an I credible rate. I find it baffling that with barely any of our support attackers showing an iota of form that Rodgers is willingly choosing to limit Iheanacho's gametime and us scoring less goals as a result. I'd be fine with it if Maddison was doing well, but it's indefensible and we are relying on Maddison sorting himself out whilst playing out of position. It'll be no surprise if we maintain our worst start to a season under Brendan.

• Like 2

If this is a 433 I’m very excited as you feel like it could be our best formation. The midfield 3 looked great against Napoli. 

Nacho and Daka are clearly the European first choice pairing so understand him not starting in this formation though would prefer Lookman to Maddison in 433. It could also be a diamond though I don’t think that system is best suited for Barnes strengths. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For all Iheanacho's faults and there are some, nobody can deny that in 2021 he continues to score and assist at an I credible rate. I find it baffling that with barely any of our support attackers showing an iota of form that Rodgers is willingly choosing to limit Iheanacho's gametime and us scoring less goals as a result. I'd be fine with it if Maddison was doing well, but it's indefensible and we are relying on Maddison sorting himself out whilst playing out of position. It'll be no surprise if we maintain our worst start to a season under Brendan.

There’s a debate to be had, but I was just responding to a post that said there are no logical reasons by suggesting there are in fact logical reasons.

Me, I can see perfectly decent reasons for playing either Iheanacho or Maddison.