Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

A long season ahead…..

We are missing key players through injury and now have more key players out of form.  Brendan has tough decisions to make but will he do it? No more starting Madders, Perez or Albrighton for me.  KDH, Lookman, Soumare and Daka need to play not to mention Kel! It's frustrating as we have a good squad that is suffering at the moment but he has enough players that would give their all if they were played.  

Youri also isn't right - this contract situation needs to be sorted one way or another.  He looks shattered so rest him.  He is no good if he can't run.  

Can we send Madders to Torino and have Praet back 😆

After the last 2 seasons I guess this was always going to happen. Top players wanting out and the older players just getting older and slower.

As long as we are in the premier league next season it will be fine, the team ownership/management dont look like they will be leaving anytime soon so we will be good there. Just sell the likes of tielemans, maddison, soyuncu and rebuild the team.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Struggling but only two points behind the footballing god West Ham.

And yet also only goal difference ahead of laughing stock Arsenal.

Football is all about narrative now, never mind the actual football, all people want to talk about is the soap opera surrounding it.

As @Corky says I think more people are falling out of love with it all. The game is increasingly packaged primarily as a TV product rather than just a football match which happens to be on TV.

Worried about this season. 

The quicker we put a couple of wins together in a row the better. Burnley is a important game and need to win before a mediocre season looks more likely. 

Not defending well at all and we're really struggling to create. 

Creativity was the same in a lot of the final games of last season. The difference was we had Iheancho on fire, he was capable of making goals out of nothing at times. Him not playing ahead of the likes of Maddison is disgraceful actually. I've no idea what Brendan is thinking in this regard. 

If we beat Burnley and Palace, then we can properly start the season and try and go on a run. 

Last season we were in the top four most the time without drawing many games. This seems to be a reoccurring theme so far with no draw so far. 

Just don't want the season to peter out into mediocrity league wise.  

• Like 2

I think this season could be quite interesting for us. We’ve become used to looking back and being chased by teams. We haven’t really been the ones doing the chasing since perhaps the great escape season. 

if we get to say 2/3 of the season in and we’re in 10th with a top 6/7 finish still on the cards then it may liven us up a bit.

2 hours ago, Hales said:

We are missing key players through injury and now have more key players out of form.  Brendan has tough decisions to make but will he do it? No more starting Madders, Perez or Albrighton for me.  KDH, Lookman, Soumare and Daka need to play not to mention Kel! It's frustrating as we have a good squad that is suffering at the moment but he has enough players that would give their all if they were played.  

Youri also isn't right - this contract situation needs to be sorted one way or another.  He looks shattered so rest him.  He is no good if he can't run.  

Can we send Madders to Torino and have Praet back 😆

It's frustrating because we have built up a really strong squad but aren't making the right team selections, formations or tactics to take advantage of it.  Of course, the top 4 have bigger quality squads than us, and other contenders have improved their squads, but even so you would have hoped we could have come up with a more successful and exciting style this season.

• Like 1

The goal we scored today was class but the problem is it takes over half the game to get going and only so because we were behind. The team needs to start thinking we’re a goal down at the start of the game. This building from the back stuff is a crap way to play football, other teams have used it but it’s only for the likes of Man City. It’s becoming our downfall.

Still feel that on our day we are a really good side and great to watch 

Ricky, Evans, forfana, wilf, youri, Barnes, vardy etc when fully fit and firing get into most sides

But we can't seem to get all of them on the pitch at the same time.

I do think this season will be a struggle to match the last couple and we really are still punching above our weight to have even finished 5th the last 2 seasons. This season could be a bit of a reset. Maybe we lose youri, sell madders if anyone still wants him next summer and hope we can continue our good scouting or allow the likes of KDH the chance to shine.

• Like 1

I think the last post about ‘reset’ is a good point. We aren’t Oil City. We can’t just buy sustainability. It may well be that this season is about a ‘reset’ and integration of a new flavour. Just have a feeling we might look very different in 

12 months.  And that’s okay. 

12 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

We’ll be fine. It will come good and we’ll finish top 6. Don’t panic. This team has too much quality and BR is too good for it all to fall apart. 

We wont get top 6 this season no way. We don’t look good enough. We’ll get top 10 at best. 14th - 11th at worst.

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

We wont get top 6 this season no way. We don’t look good enough. We’ll get top 10 at best. 14th - 11th at worst.

What makes you think that? We’ve been top 4 for 93% of the last two seasons. We have a better squad now than we did then. We’ve made a good start in both of those seasons but finished badly. This season we’ve made an average to bad start so whose to say we don’t have a blinding end to the season and finish strongly? I think we’ll be fine.