Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

A long season ahead…..

I don’t think it’s panic.

It’s more a case that we go a little PuelBall at times and we’re just a little boring to watch and quite simply put, we’re almost waiting for us to make a mistake. 

Teams have figure put that if you press us in certain situations / positions, then they can retain the ball. 

Maddison looks lost this season. You go back to the Semi Final of the League cup 2 seasons ago, it was about who is better, Grealish or Maddison. Clear blue water now. He has the ability, it’s just not clicking. 

Ndidi, constantly caught on the wrong side. 

Maybe I was a tad harsh on Vardy with my original post, however Iheanacho dropped when he dragged us through the 2nd half of last season with his goals. Vardy does look isolated as a one at times and look better with the support of Kelechi. 

Lookman may offer more on the right side that the initial thoughts. He seems a better fit than Under at least. 

It’s the defensive frailties that are worrying. We sort of lack the experience at the back and have always struggled without an Evans, or Huth before him. The likes of Soyuncu, Forfana etc need the person to aid them through a game, with that game management experience. Losing the likes of Fuchs, Morgan etc hasn’t helped our cause in that regard. 

We still look to have the same frailties as last season with set pieces. 

No team is perfect, however at times, we don’t help ourselves. 

• Like 2

It's a strange season already. We've had two seasons on the trot of starting well and being in the top 4 for pretty much the entirety. Yet this season we've started slowly and, let's be honest, after only 5 matches we can already see that top 4 is not going to happen, mainly because of how strong the top 4 look. It does feel a little bit like 16/17.

On the positive side once the back four gels (and/or Evans returns), Tielemans finds some form and Rodgers solves the RW issue I'm confident we can find some good form again. We've looked woeful more than we've looked good since March, but I'm confident we'll get there.

Between our three best centre halves, Forfana has been unavailable, Evans has played half an hour and Soyuncu looks like a bloke from row G who has been asked if he fancies a game at the last minute, all passion, hot-headedness, little composure or common sense (no offence to row G meant!)

If we had those three, as we know them, I would have faith in keeping clean sheets against any team. 

Madison isn't on it either and we haven't solved that right wing weakness, maybe the need to sign another CB slowed / derailed that. 

We're trying to compete at a very high level and it's tough, ask Bielsa right now, I'm a bit worried that I can't see Burnley losing three on the bounce so Saturday will be tough for us but we are competing, we do have a pulse and a heartbeat, if not a steady rhythm. 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

It's a strange season already. We've had two seasons on the trot of starting well and being in the top 4 for pretty much the entirety. Yet this season we've started slowly and, let's be honest, after only 5 matches we can already see that top 4 is not going to happen, mainly because of how strong the top 4 look. It does feel a little bit like 16/17.

On the positive side once the back four gels (and/or Evans returns), Tielemans finds some form and Rodgers solves the RW issue I'm confident we can find some good form again. We've looked woeful more than we've looked good since March, but I'm confident we'll get there.

Maybe a strong finish to the season but need Fofana and Justin back and a more flexible approach from the Manager would help.

12 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Thank god half of you lot weren't around in World War 1 or 2.

We would all be speaking German!

All team's have sticky patches.

Stop panicking and get behind Rodgers and the lads.

You'd have been speaking German for 6 months before you even realised what happened lol

• Haha 1

Not hard to figure us out really is it. West Ham shown every team in the league how to beat Leicester City. We need to ditch the pointless passing and trying to bore teams to death and play with purpose. This philosophy of ****ing about until we make a mistake is just suicide. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's going to be a "long season" on the forum! 

Yes, we've started poorly and some players are clearly yet to find previous form BUT there's a ways to go yet and we've shown in patches what we're capable of doing. Hang in there fellas before you write us off completely. I think BR is still trying to find the right combo, bringing in new players etc, and the team is yet to find its rhythm. I don't like to reach for excuses but injuries have gone against us; Fofana, Evans... both really have meant changes to the plan.

Edited by drumbeat

On 19/09/2021 at 16:40, Corky said:

It has been a real drag already. 

I believe people in general are finding football less and less enjoyable, especially at this level. We've done really well in the last two years but it still feels like the fun is disappearing. 

It’s cos we’ve completed it. 

10-15 years ago we were in the shitter and this era is like we’ve won the lottery twice and bagged a 10/10 in the club.

expectations are so high for the “newer” fans. Also feel that Covid has killed morale

I dont know why you wouldn't have high expectations of the club now.

We have a manager earning 10 million a season. We have some of the best young players in Europe, if not the world playing for us. We have a 100 million training facility.

If you're happy for a club with all of this to be muddling around just happy to survive then id suggest you either have no grip on reality or don't particularly follow the club.

Very weird to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let’s not forget about the embarrassing draw against the Italian minnows from Serie B! 

No wait, the team absolutely bossing the Italian league at the mo’ who had to get a last minute goal to draw (with the help of a very poor ref no less).

11 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Between our three best centre halves, Forfana has been unavailable, Evans has played half an hour and Soyuncu looks like a bloke from row G who has been asked if he fancies a game at the last minute, all passion, hot-headedness, little composure or common sense (no offence to row G meant!)

If we had those three, as we know them, I would have faith in keeping clean sheets against any team. 

Madison isn't on it either and we haven't solved that right wing weakness, maybe the need to sign another CB slowed / derailed that. 

We're trying to compete at a very high level and it's tough, ask Bielsa right now, I'm a bit worried that I can't see Burnley losing three on the bounce so Saturday will be tough for us but we are competing, we do have a pulse and a heartbeat, if not a steady rhythm. 

I think that's a bit harsh on Soyuncu, not that he's not made a few blunders. However, when he's only got a two man midfield of Ndidi and Tielemans in front of him and throw into the mix a couple of pantomime fairies in the shape of Maddison and Perez, there's little wonder, as the poor bloke is overrun at times with problems. 

On 19/09/2021 at 15:17, dobbylcfc said:

Oh how I miss the counter attacking football we had under Claudio lol this possession football I can’t stand sideways backwards sideways backwards no forward thinking it seems. It’s going to be a long long season 

Rose tinted specs though, the football the year after we won the league when teams were wise to it was utterly dog turd, we had no idea what to do when we couldn't counter attack. I'd take sideways and backwards over aimless hoofing.