Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

A long season ahead…..

10 hours ago, weller54 said:

Here's a thought..

The entire 15/16 Season we lost 3 games.. after 5 games this season we've lost the same amount!

If we measure any season against that season, it will end up with disappointment. 
Sunday was bad, we’ve had a poor start but hopefully with the EFL cup coming, some players will force Rodgers into changing the line up.

• Like 1

We've started badly results wise, but have had good performances at times. In spells against Napoli, Man City, Brighton, Wolves we played well. West Ham was the worst performance as we were lacklustre even before going a man down.

Man City started badly last season and ended up winning the title at a canter. I think top 4 has already gone, but 5th place could still be achieved. 

I would be more worried if we were playing like we did in 16/17, where we played very well in the Champions League but were poor in every game in the Premier League, often times completely clueless as how to break down teams that worked out how to stifle us.

10 games is usually a good time to judge a team. Right now we are underperforming but could turn it round by that point. Let's hope we do!

• Like 4

For the club as a whole, I think the next couple of years will be a massive test for us.

• We're paying hundreds of millions on a new training ground and stadium redevelopments.
  • We're clearly trying to run self-sustainably, so we're not able to be spending an obscene amount on our playing staff like the top 4 teams are doing.
  • This puts an enormous amount of pressure on the recruitment department to buy well
  • We've not got a reputation as one of the better teams in the league which means teams will raise their games against us.
  • We're looking like we're going to lose our best player in the next year for less than we'd like, while another asset looks like he's going to have very little resale value
  • To be able to pay for these redevelopments while not being able to keep improving and freshening the squad without making any mistakes seems almost impossible.

So much is riding on us getting our transfer business correct in the next 2 or 3 years. Ideally we'd be able to use our recent success to increase our commercial income and allow us to continue to build and freshen the squad.

I do like how the club are operating at the moment and we're incredibly lucky to have forward thinking people running the operations at the highest level. I'm not particularly enjoying what I'm seeing on the pitch, but absolutely appreciate how impressively we continue to punch above our weight as a club. The standard of player playing for us that nobody could have dreamed of 10 years ago. Spending 10 million a year on a manager. Some of the best training facilities in the world. I think the next couple of seasons will be our most challenging yet, if we come through them though, we're really going to be in a good position to build a very special squad of players. We'll have the facilities in place and paid off, hopefully our commercials will have risen. It's an exciting period in the clubs history and we're lucky to be seeing it unfold.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, enmac said:

The game against Brighton was a travesty. I know we were poor 1st half but 2nd half we outplayed them. This is a team currently 4th. 

We would have beaten  them 3-2 if the officiating had been competent. 

More likely either 1-3 or 1-2 if the correct decisions had been made. 

• Like 2

Nice to see our Supporters get behind

the team,when they need it..!!

Rodgers & team have seen with a basically a new group of players reach twice an aspired top 5 position twice,

actually seen us competing for top 4, with team/club squads way above our own  .With clickbait journalist backed by & our own misgog unreasonable negative fans incompently not just riding hope, but  EXPECT without challenge to attain those covetted 3- 4th positions..

With first 3, then at most times last season 4-6 & top fringe of our then major performers having chronic-injuries,where Ricardo alone proves, players need anything from 3months upto a year to find those same consistent high performances..

Substitution descisions, you can't get one fan to agree on who & when,

but so called own fans insist on making & carry on agendas...

It's ridiculous..game open criticism,knee jerk opinions part of having to carry the badge..but again

So called fans can't half come out with shit...then declare it's their right...

Fcuk 'em. First prove you are a fan each every single season ,by supporting & encouraging in good & bad times,before getting on your blame &

poor call descisions tandem...

Jesus, you would soon sell your wives & best mates ,when the going only just starts to get tough...

We are at the start of our hard challenging journey...

We are not in a position to force & rewrite their unbalanced thoughts on shoulds..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, enmac said:

I watched the Udinese v Napoli game tonight. Napoli thrashed Udinese 4-0, a team now 7th in Serie A. With a bit more gamesmanship /professionalism we would have beaten Napoli . 

The game against Brighton was a travesty. I know we were poor 1st half but 2nd half we outplayed them. This is a team currently 4th. 

We would have beaten  them 3-2 if the officiating had been competent. 

I haven't seen a team yet, who I think we would really struggle to beat apart from the top 4 +West Ham, obviously, and maybe Villa. 

I am reasonably confident, providing we stay injury free. 

Correction. Should have beaten them 3-1, or 2-1, if we're being generous. 

On 21/09/2021 at 10:21, filbertway said:

For the club as a whole, I think the next couple of years will be a massive test for us.

• We're paying hundreds of millions on a new training ground and stadium redevelopments.
  • We're clearly trying to run self-sustainably, so we're not able to be spending an obscene amount on our playing staff like the top 4 teams are doing.
  • This puts an enormous amount of pressure on the recruitment department to buy well
  • We've not got a reputation as one of the better teams in the league which means teams will raise their games against us.
  • We're looking like we're going to lose our best player in the next year for less than we'd like, while another asset looks like he's going to have very little resale value
  • To be able to pay for these redevelopments while not being able to keep improving and freshening the squad without making any mistakes seems almost impossible.

So much is riding on us getting our transfer business correct in the next 2 or 3 years. Ideally we'd be able to use our recent success to increase our commercial income and allow us to continue to build and freshen the squad.

I do like how the club are operating at the moment and we're incredibly lucky to have forward thinking people running the operations at the highest level. I'm not particularly enjoying what I'm seeing on the pitch, but absolutely appreciate how impressively we continue to punch above our weight as a club. The standard of player playing for us that nobody could have dreamed of 10 years ago. Spending 10 million a year on a manager. Some of the best training facilities in the world. I think the next couple of seasons will be our most challenging yet, if we come through them though, we're really going to be in a good position to build a very special squad of players. We'll have the facilities in place and paid off, hopefully our commercials will have risen. It's an exciting period in the clubs history and we're lucky to be seeing it unfold.

....is this a typo......!!!

Just staying in the Premier League will be sufficient to resolve the loans taken out, we are very astute to do it now, and in 4-5 years we will be at the next level. I believe Rodgers knows that and I believe his only frustration is that the progress has not happened year on year to the extent that he would have wished (missing out on the revenue from Champions League).