Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 2-1 Leicester post match

Despite the result and the dreadful first half (after the first 10 mins), I can see a glimmer of hope with Lookman and Ricardo starting to gel on the right. Hopefully Rodgers has lost patience with Maddison, and that spot is now Lookman’s  to lose. Despite Perez playing a bit better vs Napoli, he is too inconsistent and Lookman seems a better bet until he proves otherwise.

Not sure what happened with Tielemans in the first half but he did get better in the second. Barnes starting to look a bit better too.

VAR was a complete disgrace. How do they find such incompetent idiots to man it?

I am hoping that we are doing the reverse of what we’ve done for the last couple of seasons by playing boring, pedestrian football in the first half of the season and exciting attacking stuff in the second. If not, it’s going to be a long old season, and I can’t see us doing much better than mid table.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we were absolutely hamstrung by our formation and the personnel implementing it!!!

Soumare is a player that will take the ball off the backline and carry it to the last third of the opponents, why would you put him in the #10 position. He has never been a player who is involved in the final play, I believe stats of 2 goals and 1 assist in his career, why would you believe that he was going to influence the team so high up.

Should be interesting to hear what Rodgers comes out with, because he got this all wrong.

“I thought the players showed real fight and resilience, we came back into the match, the players showed great fight, ultimately we were undone by one or two close decisions. I’m happy with the fight the players showed”

• Like 2

Brighton fan here. Tough result for you, but both teams gave it all, especially 2nd half. You dominated but we've had solid defence for years, and it showed again today canceling you out. From my seat Schmeichel seemed to lose composure with the penalty and that spread through the team with no one putting that genie back in the bottle until well into the 2nd half. I think he's a bit like Maupay: gets under people's skin and winds them up but sometimes that's self-defeating. After 60 mins it was like you discovered who you are again though. Good luck for the rest of the season, your supporters made a lot of noise and did you credit. I'm now off to celebrate decisions going our way. After sickeners like our match at West Brom last season it makes a pleasant change! 

• Like 2

It's also fair to say, we had a lot of the ball because Brighton had a 2 goal lead to defend. 

They're a well organised outfit and to give them that cushion, leaves too much to do. 

Shouldn't let them tear us a new one in that 1st half. 

When we were attacking in the 2nd half, I feared they would counter and Wilfred would get a 2nd booking

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Which we may well not have had to do if they had got the penalty decision correct in the first place too. 

True, but they deserved the goal at that point in the game even if the decision was dodgy. How do you know they wouldn't have gotten a legitimate goal a minute later had the penalty not been given? That's the way the game was going.

6 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

“I thought the players showed real fight and resilience, we came back into the match, the players showed great fight, ultimately we were undone by one or two close decisions. I’m happy with the fight the players showed”

But let's ignore how shite we were for an hour due to my selection issues. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

It's one thing to acknowledge that we were pedestrian first-half, but that's not mutually-exclusive with blaming awful officiating.

I haven't suggested it is. Not that I think it was "awful officiating" (well, not as much as some do at any rate) I found Thursday's ref more questionable.

I can see the reasoning behind each VAR decision. I don't agree with the 1st and 2nd, but that's another matter and probably a matter of interpretation. I might even change my mind if I watch them again.  It's annoying of course, not to mention probably some kind of record to have 3 VAR decisions go against you, but I'm no expert on the laws of the game so as long as I can see the reason and there's no 'clear and obvious' error by my view, then I go along with it.

Not happy, no, but I'm certainly not venturing into conspiracy theory area either! (not suggesting you are BTW) :)