Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 2-1 Leicester post match

Guest Col city fan

Today we suffered from the nonsense of VAR.

BUT, don’t let detract from the fact that we didn’t really get going until we brought Lookman on 

Brendan must be held to account. Bollox that we looked so good in the first half of last season, we’ve looked generally shaky ever since.

To keep starting Maddison is criminal. Rodgers has to grow a fookin pair and drop him. 
And personally I’d be starting Big Dan over Soyuncu at the moment. Cags looks a totally different player and has done for months

Sonething’s wrong. There’s no spark in the team or should I say, we don’t see it very often anymore 

Finally I’m fed up of hearing Rodger’s bull shit post match interviews. He’s watching different games to me I swear 

Edited by Col city fan

6 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

“I thought the players showed real fight and resilience, we came back into the match, the players showed great fight, ultimately we were undone by one or two close decisions. I’m happy with the fight the players showed”

....the fight back was the least they could have done!!!

Playing Maddison and in the position that he (Rodgers) chose to play him when he (Maddison) is lacking in form cannot have helped and has put Maddison in the firing line when there was no need to.

I think the most irritating part is that we know we can play well, we’ve done so in the past, and when the urgency demands it, they can step it up. VAR aside I would have been happy with the team’s response if we got a draw from that effort. 

What would be good is if we could bloody start off with that urgency then we could afford to mess around at the end!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Today we suffered from the nonsense of VAR.

BUT, don’t let detract from the fact that we didn’t really get going until we brought Lookman on 

Brendan must be held to account. Bollox that we looked so good in the first half of last season, we’ve looked generally shaky ever since.

To keep starting Maddison is criminal. Rodgers has to grow a fookin pair and drop him. 
And personally I’d be starting Big Dan over Soyuncu at the moment. Cags looks a totally different player and has done for months

Sonething’s wrong. There’s no spark in the team or should I say, we don’t see it very often anymore 

Finally I’m fed up of hearing Rodger’s bull shit post match interviews. He’s watching different games to me I swear 

Personally I’m not surprised at the drop in performance to a point, despite the drop off at the end of both seasons the team has been incredibly consistent (for us) for a while now. There’s bound to be a trough at some point unfortunately, it’s just how we manage it that counts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Our goal, that was allowed to stand, was a thing if beauty. But even at the time I didn't celebrate it because as always with VAR, it's in the back of your mind, will VAR intervene.

Bang goes the spontaneous, celebratory joy of cheering a goal especially a great one.

Weren't all three big calls on-field decisions made by the assistant ref? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

True, but they deserved the goal at that point in the game even if the decision was dodgy. How do you know they wouldn't have gotten a legitimate goal a minute later had the penalty not been given? That's the way the game was going.

They’d have to create which to be fair they weren’t overly doing so. 

People talk about VAR but today it was the lack of intervention from VAR which ruined the game. The linesman is not able to sufficiently tell whether Barnes is interfering with play from his position and he should confer with VAR/the ref before making a decision. It is clearly not the case that simply just existing offside negates a goal being scored but that is how it was called today.

A comeback win was exactly what we needed to jumpstart our season and we were totally robbed of that confidence boost. Add to this the fact that it was never in a million years a penalty and it was always going to be an uphill battle from there. 

That said, how many times do we all spot the same problems with nothing done to remedy them? Maddison well off it, poor tactics and terrible defending at a corner again. I honestly don’t know how Brendan hasn’t seen it yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

How can a linesman assess the goalkeepers line of sight? Or is he only flagging that the player (Barnes) is offside? Genuine question BTW.

He can’t. He’s done his job tbf. It’s up to the officials using VAR to assess the interference. In much the same way as the penalty, the VAR officials have the ability to look at hold/pull but chose just to confirm the decision 

3 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

How can a linesman assess the goalkeepers line of sight? Or is he only flagging that the player (Barnes) is offside? Genuine question BTW.

Flagging Barnes offside.

Barnes should have stepped up with the defender once keeper stayed on the line. Made it too easy for VAR. Obviously, never in line of sight, but he needs to smarten up. 

6 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

This is the nub of it I think. They can see it's offside, but not line of sight. The proper approach would be to flag it 'in case' and for VAR in this instance to bin the 'clear and obvious' caveat and make the decision as 'primary decision maker' 

But I think VAR has gone c and o and that's basically ****ed us