Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 2-1 Leicester post match

3 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Weren't all three big calls on-field decisions made by the assistant ref? 

Think you're right but it wasn't just him. The ref was closer and the VAR officials saw numerous replays. 

Match officials

Referee: Stuart Attwell. Assistants: Dan Cook, Simon Long. Fourth official: Graham Scott. VAR: Peter Bankes. Assistant VAR: Wade Smith.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Personally I’m not surprised at the drop in performance to a point, despite the drop off at the end of both seasons the team has been incredibly consistent (for us) for a while now. There’s bound to be a trough at some point unfortunately, it’s just how we manage it that counts.

Exactly. The upward trajectory is impossible to maintain season on season. 2 seasons on the trot we've come out of the traps. This season, especially with 7 first team.defenders injured for the first 3 games was never going to be so easy. 

It's football. The right team/formation has to be found. Form has to be earned. Luck has to be made. Confidence has to be built. All three will come. And fwiw, I think today may well be a watershed...I think the manager will have to accept the last 30 mins as the basis of a formation. And the players will be reminded that passively waiting for thi gs to happen leads to defeat. 

Millwall, Burnley, Warsaw. Bang. Bang. Bang. I'm sure of it. And then hopefully that'll carry us in the league for a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

It looks to me as if there are players out there that are getting fed up with it. It's no coincidence we only look a decent side when we go behind. It's all way to conservative.

Tielemans is not gonna sign a new contract. He’s carrying this team and you can see he’s getting frustrated 

• Haha 1

The officiating is just a distraction from the abject performance prior to that. The playing out from the back ever so slowly: all of the Prem clubs have got our number on this now. A bit of a reboot is required as the tactic is stale and becoming a serious liability to us.

Lookman was excellent when he came on and will surely be given more game time going forward.

• Like 2

Just now, enmac said:

Think you're right but it wasn't just him. The ref was closer and the VAR officials saw numerous replays. 

Match officials

Referee: Stuart Attwell. Assistants: Dan Cook, Simon Long. Fourth official: Graham Scott. VAR: Peter Bankes. Assistant VAR: Wade Smith.

The OP was complaining about not being able to celebrate because of VAR. VAR had nothing to do with anyone's curtailed celebrations. 

5 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Tielemans is not gonna sign a new contract. He’s carrying this team and you can see he’s getting frustrated 

Get out of it. No need to look further than his own recent contribution if he needs a something to get frustrated about. 

Maybe also we need to give Brighton a bit of credit. They played well and after the first ten minutes they were all over us for the next 50. They play decent football, and nullified us as we were too easy to play against. Didn’t deserve to lose but overall did we deserve to win? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Maybe also we need to give Brighton a bit of credit. They played well and after the first ten minutes they were all over us for the next 50. They play decent football, and nullified us as we were too easy to play against. Didn’t deserve to lose but overall did we deserve to win? 

I’m sorry Bert, but we shouldn’t be losing to teams like Brighton, regardless of how they have started the season. We have ambitions of top six.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

You could argue we scored three legitimate goals and they scored one legitimate goal… If we are being very generous to Attwell, then we scored two legitimate goals and they had one. Either way I’d say we deserved to win the game overall…

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Le Renard said:

Well that was very incompetent performance from Stuart Atwell (born in Nuneaton and probably a Coventry fan).  Joking aside you can't give a 2 goal head start before you start playing!

....the change of personnel dictated the change of attitude on the pitch!!!

Until we went to a more familiar set up, we were devoid of ideas and had no way of breaking them down. The fact that they dropped off when we scored also helped us.

Edited by sacreblueits442

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

The issue is that we made it too easy for them. They knew what we were going to do (as we do the same thing every week). They didn’t press us or engage until they had to, and then broke on the counter. 

They could also see that they had an overload on the left hand side with Madders starting there - it’s no surprise their LB got MOTM. 

Yes they deserve credit, but it isn’t rocket science. 

Edited by adam95581
Typo

9 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

can anyone objectively make a case for the VAR decisions (any of them) being correct?

I'm struggling to see it, but am happy to be convinced otherwise?

The first offside is probably debatable, I’d feel very very lucky if it went our way, the other two are just plain wrong. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
Can’t spell
  • Like 2