Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 2-1 Leicester post match

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Feels like we never have anyone breaking the lines, everything is to feet and take a few touches. We should be able to play in behind the opposition defence more often with Vardy and Barnes, just don’t see why it never happens anymore

Because Maddison’s out of form and he’s pretty much the only player we have who can do that.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Dunno what it takes for that to be given as a foul, dislocate Vestergaard’s shoulder hanging onto his arm like that? 

Absolutely absurd that it’s not a foul. I’m genuinely stunned by it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Vestergaard had actually gone down holding his shoulder they wouldn't have given the pen, I doubt they even noticed what was going on with Maupay

58 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Personally I’m not surprised at the drop in performance to a point, despite the drop off at the end of both seasons the team has been incredibly consistent (for us) for a while now. There’s bound to be a trough at some point unfortunately, it’s just how we manage it that counts.

....I still believe we have dropped the intensity in training and are doing lighter training and concentrating on other aspects of the game!!!

We blew up at the end of the last two seasons and our intensity in training could not have helped. Puel had the same problem (which we are experiencing now) and the players were unhappy with the level of training (low intensity) and we were constantly sluggish and slow starters.

The call was for a more intensive training schedule, but we just cannot seem to get the balance right at this moment.

30 minutes ago, Mark said:

Scary how often Rodgers is happy with performances where we control the game without being a threat, compared to being a threat but rushing/playing forward too quickly, it really bothers him (3 up in the first half against West Brom last season for example)

Yes, my mind keeps going back to the bottle kicking incident. It suggests that this slow, pedestrian build up is really how he wants them to play, and I find that disturbing.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Yes, my mind keeps going back to the bottle kicking incident. It suggests that this slow, pedestrian build up is really how he wants them to play, and I find that disturbing.

He did the same in the community shield when I thought we were playing particularly well and exciting iirc? It's bizarre.

• Like 1

It feels like teams have worked out how to play against us. Mark Tielemans out the game as much as possible. Constantly blocking the ball into his feet I've noticed. Aside from that and getting the ball to Barnes and run we offer little threat until Kel comes on.. Press us high and they'll have success against us. 

Don’t get me wrong their first goal was a shocking joke of a decision and our first disallowed goal should have stood. But that doesn’t excuse the awful decision to play an out of form no.10 on the wing and then watch on for 45 minutes whilst he barely spent any time out wide. I don’t know what BR is trying to do. I’m all for sticking with out of form players to try and regain their form/confidence but playing players who are out of form out of position is not the answer. In fact, it’s probably just dented Maddison’s confidence further. We always seem to play when we’ve already lost the game. We didn’t it at westham last season and again this and then again today. It’s easy to play when you’re already 2 down. 

I'd take lower league finishes all day long if it meant there'd be no dodgy var calls and diving being clamped down on (just to show it's not just because it's against us today).

The state the game is getting into isn't good. The best games I can remember are those with a ref operating on common sense and letting things flow, recentish memory example was the female ref last year in Europa League.

It's so strange to see referees in the one of the best leagues in the world being so poor and influenced by player and crowd reactions. We've got some of the best professional athletes in the world in this league but the ref's are often unprofessional in their implementation of the laws of the game. This is turning into a real rant but if this is the direction football will be moving into I'll probably just find another sport to follow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

This is the nub of it I think. They can see it's offside, but not line of sight. The proper approach would be to flag it 'in case' and for VAR in this instance to bin the 'clear and obvious' caveat and make the decision as 'primary decision maker' 

But I think VAR has gone c and o and that's basically ****ed us

...I thought the directive was not to raise the flag and leave the decision to the referee and VAR!!!

As soon as the flag is raised the players react to it, he may have then being found to be onside but the defending team have already stopped playing and awaiting the ball for a free kick. This description is in no way a comment on todays incident, just a general comment on the assistants involvement in the game.

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Don’t get me wrong their first goal was a shocking joke of a decision and our first disallowed goal should have stood. But that doesn’t excuse the awful decision to play an out of form no.10 on the wing and then watch on for 45 minutes whilst he barely spent any time out wide. I don’t know what BR is trying to do. I’m all for sticking with out of form players to try and regain their form/confidence but playing players who are out of form out of position is not the answer. In fact, it’s probably just dented Maddison’s confidence further. We always seem to play when we’ve already lost the game. We didn’t it at westham last season and again this and then again today. It’s easy to play when you’re already 2 down. 

Agree on Maddison, he needs a good spell on the bench. Even if he's doing the business in training, doesn't excuse the fact that he's been average for ages.