Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 2-1 Leicester post match

2 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

By VARs logic today how is Lingard's goal allowed to stand? Ronaldo is clearly standing in an offside position within the general vicinity of the keeper. 

The same thing has happened against us numerous times. I’m not sure if every football fan in the country thinks this - but it really feels like VAR just change the rules to suit the opposition.

I used to think it was to suit the “big 6” but this was Brighton FFS!!! 

A mainly poor first half and inept referee and VAR decisions culminated in a bitter tasting defeat.

As many have stated Maddison needs dropping and a rocket, on the positive the team that finished the game looked very impressive and played some lovely 1 touch football. Lookman looks a handful.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's not for Barnes to dictate though? If his job was to disturb the keeper while onside then that's fair to do i.e. done nothing wrong. Okay he might have been better off not being in the line of sight for the first goal, but the second one he's totally out of the way? 

Being offside and standing in an offside position are two very, very different things. Barnes is doing the latter but is not active in the play on the second, hence why the goal should have stood.

I don't think a lino will be able to see this, so will have to call the offside, and effectively send it upstairs. 

As I've said before I think the clear and obvious rule has been deemed not to have been met, when I think in these instances (on pitch offi ial clearly can't see the whole picture) VAR should take a definitive role.

I'm not surprised at all that the second VAR call mirrored the first, and I do think Harvey's attempt to 'try the same again but do it better' is naive. I'm not convinced he actually helped get the ball in the net in either case. 

It seems to me as well that VAR is being used differently. It’s like they’ve found a grey area where they will just agree with the on field decision. Whereas last season it was black / white, now it seems more like cricket and ball tracker where if it’s not clear (or within a margin of error) they will keep the infield decision. 

Pretty pointless, and I’m still ****ing fuming.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

We might have lost, but let's at least appreciate the goal we scored. Even the ref couldn't rule out a move as sexy as this.

Brilliant football!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d5b90e7bc870dcb206

The Ricardo / Lookman combinations were pure sauce for that entire second half.

That really is a thing of beauty :wub:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It seems to me as well that VAR is being used differently. It’s like they’ve found a grey area where they will just agree with the on field decision. Whereas last season it was black / white, now it seems more like cricket and ball tracker where if it’s not clear (or within a margin of error) they will keep the infield decision. 

Pretty pointless, and I’m still ****ing fuming.

Exactly this.

They've made the rule changes to bring in greater areas of grey which will by and large suit the bigger teams so that results go their way.

Any decent referee today would have overruled the linesman after taking to the screens.  Why has the screen not been used?  

I haven't got a problem with the technology, there's little wrong with it, but the implementation of it is absolutely woeful.

• Like 1

Same old lineup, same old mistakes, same old performance 

But other than that everything's great. The standard of officiating was beyond incompetent but we have to take control of our own performances and not start playing at 2 goals down. Would love us to play a solid 90 minutes once in a while

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Any decent referee today would have overruled the linesman after taking to the screens.  Why has the screen not been used?  

I gather he’s quite new to the Prem. It was quite obvious, but I’m sure the authorities would back him. What did Brendan and any of the players say after the game? I’d love for them to have a pop. 

1 hour ago, dorsetboy said:

for me the team more a less picks itself 

thomas and barnes combine well as a left side, ricardo and lookman seem to do really well as a right side , vardy and nacho play well together and ndidi and tielmans are very good together in the middle 

---------------------kasper-------------------------

ricardo------soyenchu-----vestergaard--- thomas

-----------------ndidi----------tielmans--------------

lookman-------------nacho--------------barnes-----

------------------------vardy------------------------------

can also be swapped ingame quite easy to 4-4-2 or a 4-1-2-1-2 with youri moving into cam role 

Good shout. Only problem is that it relies on either the 2-man midfield being able to get enough possession or our being able to get our attacks going, not necessarily through the midfield, and pushing the opposition onto the back foot through our attacking intensity I.e. there is a danger of our being swamped in midfield. Worth a try, though.

Guest StevieLynex
3 hours ago, LCFC hub said:

6 games in and we've not played well in any of them.. We're lucky to have 6 points (plus 1 Europa) on the board already.. 

Those six were against a Norwich sided that will be relegated and a Wolves side that is struggling

22 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Exactly this.

They've made the rule changes to bring in greater areas of grey which will by and large suit the bigger teams so that results go their way.

I haven't got a problem with the technology, there's little wrong with it, but the implementation of it is absolutely woeful.

The ref looks at the screens when directed to by the VAR officials, which is supposed to happen when they're think there's a potential reason to overturn the decision (I think I'm right in saying that looking at the screens is an effective fait accomplis, since telling a ref to have a look is basically telling him the decision is probably wrong. Certainly can't remember a ref looking and not overturning) . So it would seem they were happy with the original calls. 

Again, I can't attach any blame to the on pitch officials. The actual calls were all made by the lino, and were I think fair based on what they could probably see.

VAR has been in the first instance incompetent, and for the other two a massive wet blanket. It's possible in the latter case it's acted how it's been told to, but it should change

21 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I gather he’s quite new to the Prem. It was quite obvious, but I’m sure the authorities would back him. What did Brendan and any of the players say after the game? I’d love for them to have a pop. 

give him a massive wedgie, and I mean MASSIVE.

27 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Lookman has to start for me. But we all know Perez will instead 😂

I would start Lookman too, but I think Perez is getting an overly raw deal this season. The red card aside he hasn't been as bad as some other players and he had good moments against Napoli. Logical thinking would suggest he wouldn't be as good in a 433 as Lookman, but he does combine well with Ricardo, so I wouldn't rule him out. Plus Lookman can always come on later, and with Ademola, he might not quite be 90 minutes match fit yet. Perez for 45, Lookman for 45 might not be terrible, even if we'd all prefer Lookman to play as much as possible based on what he's shown so far.

That said, look back at the goal again, Lookman's deft touch is something you'd never see from Perez. Also I don't think it was surprising that Barnes and Ricardo looked better when Lookman came on; because he stretched the game, the other two got more time and space, and all of a sudden from not creating anything, we were creating a lot.

• Like 3

The Cantwell offside I seem to remember he was on Kaspers toes and not making much effort to get out of his way so you can understand it being disallowed.

Both of Barnes goals he’s tried to move out of the way, the first goal he was about 5 yards away from the keeper. Both were no where near as bad as Cantwell and absolute joke decisions.

I bet Barnes feels like shit on the way home 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I gather he’s quite new to the Prem. It quite obvious, but I’m sure the authorities would back him. What did Brendan and any of the players say after the game? I’d love for them to have a pop. 

He isn’t 

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

He's invited the same call by the lino (he is offside) and he's not got much excuse for wondering if VAR is going to deal with it differently the second time. 

Given what happened the first time, where was the benefit in doing it a second?

Tend to agree - naive not to get out faster on the second when it’s clear that the defence is clearing the front post    

13 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Both of Barnes goals he’s tried to move out of the way, the first goal he was about 5 yards away from the keeper. Both were no where near as bad as Cantwell and absolute joke decisions.

I bet Barnes feels like shit on the way home 

Well based on what you yourself have said here there’s no reason why he should!