Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 2-1 Leicester post match

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

The complexity of the rules creates problems like this.  

If it was simply if you are in an offside position you are offside, at least all the players would know where they stand (no pun intended).  

if you are on the pitch by default you should be interfering with play. 

This.  Why the hell they thought it needed to be more complicated I dunno...?  I guess it's probably a question of who would benefit the most? :P :unsure: :( 

Edited by PhillippaT

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I think if the keeper has to second guess whether the offside player is going to play the ball, it has a serious impact on how he reacts.

Not necessarily related to our decisions but it does have an impact on the keepers decisions making. 

Added to the fact that the keeper is going to struggle to know whether the player is offside or not.

Looking at line of sight is only, is… shortsighted (ignore the pun). 

Thats all ok...

but we Need consistency, & Not different decisions according to different officials Lack of awareness or incompetence of Tracking back 2-3 movements before.

.and then afterwards off the peg excuses from authorities or Sky bias opinions....

That said I will Never accept officials with 2 Million Camera angles, disregarding the arm-tug and foul on Vestergaard...

All officials should be given A VAR suspension and Top Match for a month of PL games and be sent to a re-Education center...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I think if the keeper has to second guess whether the offside player is going to play the ball, it has a serious impact on how he reacts.

Not necessarily related to our decisions but it does have an impact on the keepers decisions making. 

Added to the fact that the keeper is going to struggle to know whether the player is offside or not.

Looking at line of sight is only, is… shortsighted (ignore the pun). 

Exactly this

The first one is offside, but I really don't think the second one applies to any of these.

I believe Dermot Gallagher tried to claim that the one I highlighted below is the one Harvey was guilty of on the 2nd lol 

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
  • rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
  • been deliberately saved by any opponent

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Exactly this

The first one is offside, but I really don't think the second one applies to any of these.

I believe Dermot Gallagher tried to claim that the one I highlighted below is the one Harvey was guilty of on the 2nd lol 

I loved it when Dermot the idiot said whilst watching the replay of the second ‘goal’ ‘he’s moved there’ and even on a slowed down replay I couldn’t see this movement. Absolute tool.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I loved it when Dermot the idiot said whilst watching the replay of the second ‘goal’ ‘he’s moved there’ and even on a slowed down replay I couldn’t see this movement. Absolute tool.

Just like when sky were screaming about Perez "giving him a look" when he got sent off, when the replay showed him staring directly at the floor and not moving his head.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I'm sure he will ask the refs what they said and just parrot that. It's a real shame as ref watch could be used as a tool for good and transparency, but it just feels like someone coming out and towing the company line. It's all as sincere as John W Henry's apology video after the super league failure.

Just now, orangecity23 said:

Just like when sky were screaming about Perez "giving him a look" when he got sent off, when the replay showed him staring directly at the floor and not moving his head.

That was mad, I think Neville said it while it showed him in slow motion looking at the ball and the patch of grass where we was going to plant his foot lol

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jim5000 said:

My trip to Brighton for this match was a living nightmare

I originally planned to drive to the match and park somewhere nearby (I live down south and am trying to do all the south east games this season).

I decided to catch the train to eastbourne and missed my train by seconds - saw it pull out as I ran onto the station.

I then had 2 and a half hours to drive to the match.

Foolishly decided to follow my satnav suggestion of going cross country rather than on the motorways as I had originally planned

Almost broke down and cried when I was stuck in a farmers single track lane around 12:55pm

Miraculously made it to Lewes after 2h15m driving down single track lane at 13:38, and knew I could catch the 13:45 which got to falmer at 13:56

No parking at Lewes train station (obviously)

Parked a mile from the station and sprinted, just catching the train and meeting some fellow fans on the way

Ran to the ground from the station in the pouring rain

Got in 1 min after kickoff - they had stopped selling beer - god I needed a beer

Looked at the score - 1-0 down, went for a piss 2-0 down, took my seat 3-0 down.

The kid in the seat next to mine explained the formatting of the AMEX scoreboard :facepalm:

Found my seat was taken, sat a few down.

People in the seat I was in arrived, moved to my seat, found someone in it "Im in another block but I felt like sitting here" - squeezed in

Rushed, hard to get into the atmosphere

Penalty for Brighton

Half time

Dude still in my seat, squeezed in again

Brighton score

City score

City offside

City offiside

City lose

Get some chips on way out expecting a queue for the station

Very poor chips, was expecting better for a seaside town, they were basically frozen chips

1 and half hours after fulltime get on train

2 hour drive back - roadworks near my house

Purchased ticket for Crystal Palace away - restricted view

Makes my 4.20am start seem light weight. 

Had a lovely seafood lunch in the The Regency Restaurant on the front which was the highlight of the day

On 21/09/2021 at 13:24, Dawko said:

Barnes has got learn to stay onside. 

Would have been nothing for VAR to check if he could have bothered to keep onside. Both goals would have counted. 

Being offside while a goal is scored is just asking for a goal to be disallowed by VAR. 

But he wasn't offside. 

33 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

The problem with game on Sunday we didn't wake up until the second half and it was then too little too late. 

As for VAR, you win some, you lose some as we all know.

But you shouldn't lose anything.Thats what Car is for. How could Bar not call the ref to view the penalty decision. That was even worse than the offsides.

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

But you shouldn't lose anything.Thats what Car is for. How could Bar not call the ref to view the penalty decision. That was even worse than the offsides.

I agree but VAR has proved yet again that it isn't perfect. And the reason being is that you're still relying on humans.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, filbertway said:

Exactly this

The second one probably wasn’t offside. I’m not with the officials or against them (the standard is very poor however).

I think, if the first one doesn’t happen, the second one is a goal. VAR officials set a precedent for the game and gave the first one so likely felt like they had to give the second one (as offside). 

After the first one, we shouldn’t have even given them the chance to call the second one offside. 

Any intelligent footballer at any level learns which way the referees/linesmen (VAR for the Prem) are going to sway during a game. I can’t see how we gave them a a decision to make after the first one. Not only offsides, but what is a foul/booking etc. 

If Nachos header goes closer to Barnes, he is actually offside, Barnes didn’t know where the header was going before it was headed, why give the officials an opportunity? I’ve no idea myself. 

Poor performance, poor decision making (wherever that came from). 

Edited by Leeds Fox