Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 2-1 Leicester post match

2 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

What the **** is Barnes thinking for the second disallowed goal. Absolutely brain dead, say what you want about VAR but a mixture of Rodgers first half team selection and Barnes cost us a result today. 

Absolute bollox.

Not being in the line of sight or blocking the view of Sanchez? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Wouldn't have been a factor if we played our football from the beginning, with 11 men. (Maddison doesn't count.)

It's like blaming a prozzer for giving you the clap. It's your own fault for going there in the first place. 

We shouldn't need to be relying on refereeing decisions.

Yer but come on they had a pen that was never a pen but a faul to us and we scored 2 perfectly good goals so it really should of bin 3-1 Leicester 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

And Ricardo!!! 

I also think soumare looked good. 

There are incredible players at our club, it's clear Rodgers needs to look at attitudes rather than reputations, Ricardo gives his all, Soumare looks like his confidence is growing, that run he had with the shot in the centre reminded me of kante.  I think we have the players, it's the selection, formation and followed confidence that's lacking.

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s not cheating. Completely agree with you. However, watching some of the decisions already this season and then this game, compare it to the euros, these individuals are not good enough to do their job. They need shifting out of our game. Refs are too poor for such a multi billion pound product

Exactly, it's incompetence.

The rules are a joke. If the keeper isn't being blocked or it doesn't touch the player it's not offside surely? Vestergaard was fouled and therefore handled it. We should have won the game, were miles better than them when we actually turned up. I'd seriously consider dropping Maddison completely he has done absolutely nothing and it's like playing with ten men over and over again. Lookman did more in that 45 mins than Maddison has done all season.

• Like 3

I don't get why people say you can't blame the result on the officials because we played shit. They aren't related, fact is despite being rubbish for a lot of it we scored enough goals to win the game.  

One week, one of the big clubs will get a goal disallowed in similar circumstances and then there will be a rule change. 

Looked at replays again and again. I fail to see how Barnes was in any way interfering with play for the second disallowed goal. His initial blocking action occurred during the taking of the corner when he was onside. From the time Ndidi was about to head the ball, Barnes was well clear. No way that should be offside. The first one, maybe even if that was harsh.

As for the penalty. Crazy a foul was not called against Brighton.

Robbed.

Can we appeal?

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Over at the Brighton fan forum, VAR has just been nominated for MOTM... lol

At least they are self aware. 

It’s a joke though, ruining the game. Come to see a fair football match not who gets the luck of the draw from a bunch of incompetent willy pullers with whistles and flags. 

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Sadly it looks as if the VAR decisions will distract us from the inability of Rodgers to select the players he should in the first place. 

Nope, both are rightly taking a hammering! 

if Perez and Madison start the next game I’m genuinely going to be fuming 

2 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

What the **** is Barnes thinking for the second disallowed goal. Absolutely brain dead, say what you want about VAR but a mixture of Rodgers first half team selection and Barnes cost us a result today. 

He's the one nominated to cover the Keeper at set pieces. Look at the replay's again. The second one is definitely no where the Keeper by the time Wilf has headed the ball. Lookman's goal is also marginal, but you can argue a bit more either way.
Every team has a nominated player trying to unsettle the keeper just before the corner or set piece comes in. 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Stop bleating about cheating and corruption, you have no evidence for it.

What it is, is literal, dogmatic application of the laws of the game. Allied with incompetence.

This. 

It's stupidity, not corruption.

It's too much to expect the rule makers to listen to goalkeepers about line of sight and apply common sense. As with general VAR application, they have to go to the other extreme first before evening it out to something resembling common sense.

Baffles me how rule makers manage to evade common sense so consistently. Impressive, really.

Well that was a disappointing result a couple of highlights Lookman & Soumare had a good game, Ref & Var lost the plot today that was no penalty Vestergaard was being pulled back an arm tight around his to stop him going for the ball Barnes offside twice but not interfering with play so the pundits say ?

Brendan now needs to put his money where his mouth is and drop the players not performing such as Maddison Etc, when is Daka going to get game time thought Brendan had found a way to play him & Vardy together Daka is a goal scorer like Vardy we’ve got goals in our squad but they’re on the bench , Vestergaard does well but makes more mistakes than good performances come on Brendan sort it out !!

More than happy if were just mid table this season....defensively we look shaky as hell and tactically Rodgers seems more interested in slowing the game down to walking pace and mustering as few attacks as possible. The first half today was an absolute disgrace....I think we passed the ball backwards more than forwards....at one point I thought we must be shooting the other way.

Huge lessons learnt but surely lessons that should have already been learnt like....Maddison is shit so don't start him especially out wide.....play the ball forward quicker......stop slowing the game down and allowing other teams to reset.

Yep VAR is shit as is the decision to flag Barnes offside twice when for the second goal he wasn't even in the keepers line of sight but **** me do we make life hard for ourselves.

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It's a big positive that the penny will have dropped that we're actually a good side when we have the ball in the final third rather than our own half. 

Gotta be isn't it? More direct, get the ball into the wingers far quicker. Lookman and Barnes can do must full-backs for pure pace as well. Through Ricardo in there as well. 

This season for me has some big shades of post-title win. Pre-season appears uncooked and the rush of a Shield game has disappeared. Throw in Fofana for your Kante-esque loss. We come out for the first thirty minutes of every game and look unfocused. We are trying to shoehorn players cos we've signed a load in the process and want to get them in. That's not helping Maddison today play that position. 

It's a big three/four games coming for me. We're 12th now and already two games behind the pack for 6th. Burnley next week will need exactly the same as our second half. Quicker tempo. Legia we lose and we are needing a favour in the group. Palace is going to be the same old nasty trip it always is.