Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 2-1 Leicester post match

Might sound a bit insane this, but how they haven't made it mandatory for the referee, yes that's right - the referee (of all people in the stadium you ask!?!) , to go and look at the monitor for all VAR decisions, is absolutely hysterical. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Looked at replays again and again. I fail to see how Barnes was in any way interfering with play for the second disallowed goal. His inaction blocking action was during the taking of the corner when he was onside. From the time Ndidi was about to head the way, Barnes was well clear. No way that should be offside. The first one, maybe even if that was harsh.

As for the penalty. Crazy a foul was not called against Brighton.

Robbed.

Can we appeal?

No unfortunately result is a result 

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Looked at replays again and again. I fail to see how Barnes was in any way interfering with play for the second disallowed goal. His inaction blocking action was during the taking of the corner when he was onside. From the time Ndidi was about to head the way, Barnes was well clear. No way that should be offside. The first one, maybe even if that was harsh.

As for the penalty. Crazy a foul was not called against Brighton.

Robbed.

Can we appeal?

Have you ever known in the history of the game in EPL for a goal to be awarded post-game??? I know it's really frustrating, but we need to suck it up and get onto the next game asap with the starting XI being the ones that finished this game.

• Like 2

The first half was shocking, we were run ragged, we lacked tempo and didn't fight for the ball, completely outplayed.

I'm getting pretty tired now of this passive style of play and then having to chase the game. BR always touted as a World Class Manager he sure ain't looking like one atm.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

At least they are self aware. 

It’s a joke though, ruining the game. Come to see a fair football match not who gets the luck of the draw from a bunch of incompetent willy pullers with whistles and flags. 

The nominee actually said it was for being made "three incorrect decisions"...

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?390274-Var-motm

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Yer but come on they had a pen that was never a pen but a faul to us and we scored 2 perfectly good goals so it really should of bin 3-1 Leicester 

It doesn't work like that. How do you know that the game would have followed the same path had their first goal not been allowed? 

We only have ourselves to blame. The rules have been applied ridiculously, but we had one similar this season, too. They tend to even out over a season. We can only control our own performance.

I dont recall this much anger about VAR when the exact same thing went in our favour vs Norwich haha. Gotta love the unashamed bias of football fans

Looks like Brighton sat in 2nd half and tried to hold on. Weird choice, really don't understand why teams choose to take the steam out of their own performance and let the other team have free reign to attack.

Game panned out as about expected aside from Rodgers making a change at ht rather than 60-65 mins.

The work for Vardys goal was beautiful. Lovely stuff from Riccy, Youri and Lookman and Vardy with the presence of mind to be in the right place and finish the tap in.

Abysmal first half (after the first 10 minutes) and no amount of 'remember the FA Cup and get behind the lads' can disguise or forgive that. It was poor and we were lucky to still be in the game at half time.

Fortunately, we eventually showed up and it somewhat restored my faith.

We can cite VAR misfortunes but tbh we were awful for much of that game and whilst worth a draw we can't really complain about the result. 

I think we need to see some personnel changes though. Lookman does enough to merit starting, which sadly cannot be said for Maddison at the moment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

By VARs logic today how is Lingard's goal allowed to stand? Ronaldo is clearly standing in an offside position within the general vicinity of the keeper. 

Come on George remind me who Ronaldo plays for i don't even have to see it to see it was a goal

• Haha 1

Incompetence, every ****ing week. Thought it was illuminating that in the Villa game the commentators were showering the VAR officials with praise...just for getting decisions right - that's what they're ****ing there for. Shows how low our expectations are. 

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I dont recall this much anger about VAR when the exact same thing went in our favour vs Norwich haha. Gotta love the unashamed bias of football fans

Looks like Brighton sat in 2nd half and tried to hold on. Weird choice, really don't understand why teams choose to take the steam out of their own performance and let the other team have free reign to attack.

Game panned out as about expected aside from Rodgers making a change at ht rather than 60-65 mins.

The work for Vardys goal was beautiful. Lovely stuff from Riccy, Youri and Lookman and Vardy with the presence of mind to be in the right place and finish the tap in.

Totally different, Cantwell was basically tucked in Kasper's shorts. 

• Like 4

Just now, smr said:

Might sound a bit insane this, but how they haven't made it mandatory for the referee, yes that's right - the referee (of all people in the stadium you ask!?!) , to go and look at the monitor for all VAR decisions, is absolutely hysterical. 

The fouling by Blighton in our box and theirs was ridiculous ref & VAR just ignored it incompetent officiating is ruining the game, they say the officials are audited on performance just wondering what they’re auditing of the ref can blow his whistle loud enough and the knob In The VAR Box can turn the system on?

5 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

This. 

It's stupidity, not corruption.

It's too much to expect the rule makers to listen to goalkeepers about line of sight and apply common sense. As with general VAR application, they have to go to the other extreme first before evening it out to something resembling common sense.

Baffles me how rule makers manage to evade common sense so consistently. Impressive, really.

But the rule was NOT the problem.

Rather, it was the incompetent (mis)application of the rule.

Edited by NaijaFox

The difference was that Cantwell stayed right in front of Kasper for the whole of that play. Barnes moved away both times before the (scoring) player executed the action to score the goal.

Was Barnes standing on the keeper's toes either time? Bizarre comparison.

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Wouldn't have been a factor if we played our football from the beginning, with 11 men. (Maddison doesn't count.)

It's like blaming a prozzer for giving you the clap. It's your own fault for going there in the first place. 

We shouldn't need to be relying on refereeing decisions.

Your talking nonsense, I totally disagreed with BR initial setup but we looked really good when Lookman came on and we actually did enough to draw / win that game if two very clear decisions that even a village idiot could see had gone our way. 

It’s so easy to blame the manager when the result doesn’t go our way it it’s so painfully  obvious today the referring and the officials got it completely wrong. 

And the completely irrational thing about your argument is we could have looked as dire in the first half whatever team it setup BR employed as we’ll never know, Jesus wept.