Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 2-1 Leicester post match

Just now, NaijaFox said:

But the rule was NOT the problem.

Rather, it was the incompetent (mis)application of the rule.

You know what I meant. The current interpretation of the rule. It is being applied that way consistently at the moment. We benefited from it recently.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

There wasn't much in the game until the penalty. Brighton were hardly battering us even if we weren't fully at it ourselves. First goal is always crucial. 

Which again was a decision that the incompetent referee missed and the linesmen gave. When VAR was asked they couldn't see a clear hold of the defender. 

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

Your talking nonsense, I totally disagreed with BR initial setup but we looked really good when Lookman came on and we actually did enough to draw / win that game if two very clear decisions that even a village idiot could see had gone our way. 

It’s so easy to blame the manager when the result doesn’t go our way it it’s so painfully  obvious today the referring and the officials got it completely wrong. 

And the completely irrational thing about your argument is we could have looked as dire in the first half whatever team it setup BR employed as we’ll never know, Jesus wept. 

It's not much of a leap to think we might do a bit better without Maddison at the moment.

You start this post by saying how good we were with Lookman and Iheanacho on the pitch. Might it be about time we start with them on the pitch then?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

You know what I meant. The current interpretation of the rule. It is being applied that way consistently at the moment. We benefited from it recently.

Beg to differ. See Lingard's goal today, with Ronaldo in a similar position near the GK. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

VAR decisions aside, we just aren't very good.

....we were absolutely hamstrung by our formation and the personnel implementing it!!!

Soumare is a player that will take the ball off the backline and carry it to the last third of the opponents, why would you put him in the #10 position. He has never been a player who is involved in the final play, I believe stats of 2 goals and 1 assist in his career, why would you believe that he was going to influence the team so high up.

Should be interesting to hear what Rodgers comes out with, because he got this all wrong.

Abysmal first half by us, second half much better. The penalty that was given was criminal by the officials, ref doesn't give it lineman does, then didn't var official see the clear foul on Vestergaard literally had his arm in a lock. How the ref doesn't look at it I'll never know as its a clear and obvious error by the lineo. Offsides the second one I don't know how they conclude harvey Barnes is interfering with play. 

We really need to go at Burnley from the get go Maddison has to be dropped. Positives Lookman looked dangerous but overall a very below par start to the season. 

I’ve been too angry to post, and have just about simmered down.

Wrong selection again with Maddison, and poor first 60 mins. But my god to be the wrong side of 3 contentious VAR decisions. All wrong btw, but I can understand a little bit the first two. But that third one is an absolute disgrace. It rather suggests you can’t stand anywhere near the goalkeeper. Absolute joke, and I’m guessing they weren’t overturned because the on field officials made their decisions and they weren’t considered ‘clear and obvious’. It’s turning into cricket, where if it’s a grey area then go with the on-field decision - but what if the ref / linesman gets it wrong. And the willy pullers today didn’t even have the decency to check the monitor. You can tell he’s new the Premier League. A clear homer.

****ing livid!

• Like 1

That's their first win against us since they got promoted. After 8 games they were due to get one over on us.

Overall though we were truly awful for k9st of the first half and for most of the early second half. Maddison looks like he's in terminal decline with us.

A good rally after their second bit too little too late. VAR has done us over multiple times in that game.

B-Rod is living off the glory of the FA Cup now for me. We should be in better form the next few weeks but if we continue in this run of form then there could be consequences down the line.

Though Fofanas injury has had a major knock on effect to out season. And the player responsible for it has now joined Mallorca on loan :mad:

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

We definitely lost that game because VAR ****ed us up the ass. 

Flawed logic. Understand the meaning of 'because'. I.e. consequence of. 

If we start well and control the game, we eventually do enough to notch a couple of goals and the momentum and consequences change entirely. 

Those VAR calls in the second half would have been inconsequential if we already had a lead. 

Therefore, we lost the game BECAUSE of how badly we started, the result of which eventually led to VAR calls which are not only out of our control, but a consistent application of the rule currently.

7 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

Abysmal first half (after the first 10 minutes) and no amount of 'remember the FA Cup and get behind the lads' can disguise or forgive that. It was poor and we were lucky to still be in the game at half time.

Fortunately, we eventually showed up and it somewhat restored my faith.

We can cite VAR misfortunes but tbh we were awful for much of that game and whilst worth a draw we can't really complain about the result. 

I think we need to see some personnel changes though. Lookman does enough to merit starting, which sadly cannot be said for Maddison at the moment. 

Exactly how?! What did Brighton create before (or other than) the shockingly poor PK decision?

It's one thing to acknowledge that we were pedestrian first-half, but that's not mutually-exclusive with blaming awful officiating.

Not seen it but sounds same old. Not brendan out as when we play well we are mustard.

But his tippy tappy game is awful.

We counter attack, should read

We bore you to death. 

Seasons over if we carry on like this. Play the game and put some urgency in it ffs.

No point replacing Vards with someone fast a snail that can finish would do. It's like jumping out of a plane without your parachute. Why would you not use it.

23 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Miles better 2nd half.

Absolutely diabolical first half. Criminal to let in the second so early in the second half. Gave us a mountain to climb.

Youri, Lookman, and Richardo the only players to leave with any credit.

Ground a nightmare to get to, and away from. Crap chips.