Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 2-1 Leicester post match

I know it ended up looking like they battered us first half but goals change games and before that goal we looked the better side VAR fvcked us big time clear foul for the pen terrible defending for their 2nd as well,
awful losing like that tbh just hope it fires us up a little bit else we aint making top 6 again.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Flawed logic. Understand the meaning of 'because'. I.e. consequence of. 

If we start well and control the game, we eventually do enough to notch a couple of goals and the momentum and consequences change entirely. 

Those VAR calls in the second half would have been inconsequential if we already had a lead. 

Therefore, we lost the game BECAUSE of how badly we started, the result of which eventually led to VAR calls which are not only out of our control, but a consistent application of the rule currently.

You literally are talking absolute bollocks. If my uncle had tits hed be my aunt etc. 

We were completely robbed by VAR today. 

Got to start games with a bit quicker and with more attacking intent. 

We're all agreed that the officials were shocking today, there's no doubt about that. 

Brendan has to start picking players on form and fitness, it's shocking how many passengers we've got in the starting eleven 

• Like 1

Just now, LestaFox92 said:

I know it ended up looking like they battered us first half but goals change games and before that goal we looked the better side VAR fvcked us big time clear foul for the pen terrible defending for their 2nd as well,
awful losing like that tbh just hope it fires us up a little bit else we aint making top 6 again.

We won't even make top 8.

I lost the stream at 2-0 so had to make due with the RL commentary. 

Whatever the arguments about VAR and the standards of the officials today, we simply have to do better than this. 

We seem far too happy at 0-0 or 0-1 playing our sideways passes waiting for the chance to come, that really doesn’t look like it’s ever going to present itself. We got lucky at Norwich in Albrighton had a chance and put it away but the second half there was turgid and we somehow managed to hang on. 

We’re not laying a glove on teams until they have totally seized the initiative and we’re really behind the 8 ball. We need to be on the front foot from the start. 

2 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

You literally are talking absolute bollocks. If my uncle had tits hed be my aunt etc. 

We were completely robbed by VAR today. 

This is literally the argument you're making. 

If VAR made the right calls we'd have won.

I'm saying we can't control that. Play well and we don't need to rely on ifs buts and maybes.

Glad I missed it. By the sounds of things, we were robbed by awful officiating. I'd be fuming if I'd watched it. 

We're lucky to have got those two wins so far yet today it sounds like we deserved at least a draw, despite starting poorly. That's football for you.

Hopefully we'll take learnings from this, and go with those players in form. 

So frustrating because we know how well we can play but some are just not performing at their best, Maddison just hasn’t been the same this season is it the injury or the fact he was touted to go to the Gooneys but Brendan put the stop on it ?

Barnes was unlucky today a stupid ruling or officials putting him offside even tho the pundits pointed out the goals should have stood he wasn’t affecting play, Barnes has shown some quality movement & ball skills but can also blow hot and cold same with Tielemans Souyuncu Vestergaard Bertrand but will Brendan kick some under achieving arse or will he continue to play these when we have some real quality on the bench When will Daka be unleashed on the Premier League a massive goal scorer sitting on the bench whilst under achieving players are continually picked each week ?

sort it out Brendan throw some teacups kick some boots at players confiscate Maddison’s beauty products and hair dryer, whatever needs doing you need to do it now !!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Flawed logic. Understand the meaning of 'because'. I.e. consequence of. 

If we start well and control the game, we eventually do enough to notch a couple of goals and the momentum and consequences change entirely. 

Those VAR calls in the second half would have been inconsequential if we already had a lead. 

Therefore, we lost the game BECAUSE of how badly we started, the result of which eventually led to VAR calls which are not only out of our control, but a consistent application of the rule currently.

We could have started the game really well, peppered the goal with shots and forced their keeper into save after save yet they could've gone up the other end at got a dreadful penalty decision. How we start a game has no bearing on whether they get a shit penalty or not. 

I agree that there is more to it than "VAR cost us" but it was a big mistake that impacted the rest of the game.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

It's not much of a leap to think we might do a bit better without Maddison at the moment.

You start this post by saying how good we were with Lookman and Iheanacho on the pitch. Might it be about time we start with them on the pitch then?

I don’t think many fans would disgree, I certainly agree with that sentiment and was very positive when he signed, it’s clear why BR did. Maddison shouldn’t be starting. 

But to say we would have got a better result today if we’d setup ‘better’ is really just guess work, unless you’ve got a Deloreon. The poor referring decisions though were clear enough a deciding factor.  

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

We could have started the game really well, peppered the goal with shots and forced their keeper into save after save yet they could've gone up the other end at got a dreadful penalty decision. How we start a game has no bearing on whether they get a shit penalty or not. 

I agree that there is more to it than "VAR cost us" but it was a big mistake that impacted the rest of the game.

You're correct of course, but in starting well and playing well, we don't half stack the odds in our favour.

21 minutes ago, smr said:

Might sound a bit insane this, but how they haven't made it mandatory for the referee, yes that's right - the referee (of all people in the stadium you ask!?!) , to go and look at the monitor for all VAR decisions, is absolutely hysterical. 

They're too woried about slowing the game down and I think that's been our problem today, they've looked at it once and very quickly and moved on for fear of taking too long, which is where all the criticism has been

Edited by splinterdream

Just now, Nod.E said:

This is literally the argument you're making. 

If VAR made the right calls we'd have won.

I'm saying we can't control that. Play well and we don't need to rely on ifs buts and maybes.

But we battered them in the last 30 minutes and had 2 perfectly good goals disallowed.  No ifs buts or maybes about it. 

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

I don’t think many fans would disgree, I certainly agree with that sentiment and was very positive when he signed, it’s clear why BR did. Maddison shouldn’t be starting. 

But to say we would have got a better result today if we’d setup ‘better’ is really just guess work, unless you’ve got a Deloreon. The poor referring decisions though were clear enough a deciding factor.  

Unfortunately Maddison playing poorly is as close to a given as you're likely to get in football at the moment.