Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ant495

Sammy Braybrooke

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He recovered from his mistakes, too. Always got the ball back. He also made some decent passes, and you could tell the other players began to trust him more as the game went on.

Shameless self-promotion: I am hosting a pub quiz at the 1852 Brewery Co. in Wigston on Sunday Nov. 13 at 8pm. C'mon down.

PLEASE CAN WE START ACKNOWLEDGING THIS QUIZ!!!!

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Has an unusually large forehead for a young guy.

Thought that was a decent debut though and he was easy to spot with the light reflecting off his head.

He's just got Gervinho's hair line

Gervinho joins Arsenal - Eurosport

Edited by filbertway

He’s like an apparition he’s so pale lol.

Impressed me with his decision making on the ball and when he cut a dangerous move by being extremely proactive by cleverly shoving the attacker. His movement was a little bit odd on occasion but that could have been nerves/unfamiliarity/age. 

Even given the game state none of the Newport players could have carried out the few glimpses of quality he’d shown.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Composed on the ball. Great awareness about him too. You can see he’s got it. A good season on loan at league one minimum next season will do him the world of good. 

.. I  would love to see him at OHL in their midfield, as it is what they need to control the game!!!

It looks a like a better grounding for him, I am sure he can handle being away from home, the Jupiler League is a very good standard.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. I  would love to see him at OHL in their midfield, as it is what they need to control the game!!!

It looks a like a better grounding for him, I am sure he can handle being away from home, the Jupiler League is a very good standard.

That is a very good shout

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He recovered from his mistakes, too. Always got the ball back. He also made some decent passes, and you could tell the other players began to trust him more as the game went on.

Shameless self-promotion: I am hosting a pub quiz at the 1852 Brewery Co. in Wigston on Sunday Nov. 13 at 8pm. C'mon down.

'Welcome to the 1852 Brewery Co quiz. Nice of you all to come along this Sunday evening.

First question:

Who made their first team debut for Leicester City against Newport County in the Carabao cup?

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

you can’t trust Brys to play him though! He is not a fan of having players thrust upon him. 

Could needlessly set him back. 

Got a right weird build has Sammy. Looks like Nicky Adams and Stretch Armstrong had a kid. Proper top-heavy. lol

Tidy debut. Steady on his feet and, as others have said, grew in confidence with every touch. Think we'll be seeing more and more of him if he doesn't go on loan in January.

The thing that struck me about him is that usually when young players come through, they seem to want to long on the ball. He appears to move the ball quickly and is better suited to the pace of the first team, albeit against a League 2 side. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Amazed at how many bald men around me needed to comment on his hair

Absolutely this, as soon as he walked on the pitch a fella behind me commented on his hair, needs to sort it out, using language best left in the 1980’s where it didn’t even belong then. Embarrassing

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Got a right weird build has Sammy. Looks like Nicky Adams and Stretch Armstrong had a kid. Proper top-heavy. lol

Tidy debut. Steady on his feet and, as others have said, grew in confidence with every touch. Think we'll be seeing more and more of him if he doesn't go on loan in January.

He just has his shirt untucked in the above picture!!

6 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Think he is a long way off from 1st team football , would improve if loaned out to a championship team, u can’t beat playing every week in a good competition 

You formed that opinion from last night's classy little cameo? 

You'd expect him to go on loan in January, he really ought to have gone in the summer but it sounds like the club are toying with fast tracking him straight in to the 1st team squad and he doesn't look overrawed. He's exactly the sort of player Brendan likes.

• Like 2

Tidy debut. Wanted the ball and kept it pretty simple. Interesting to see if he can make it without bulking up. Can see why we might be holding off the loan to a low level of football. 

Saw the Newport manager saying a couple of words to him before he came on. Might know him from youth football, tapping him up for a loan or just being a nice guy wishing him well on his debut. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Think he is a long way off from 1st team football , would improve if loaned out to a championship team, u can’t beat playing every week in a good competition 

You should take a look at our loan record. It is a bottomless pit of despair , especially recently.