Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ant495

Sammy Braybrooke

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

you can’t trust Brys to play him though! He is not a fan of having players thrust upon him. 

Could needlessly set him back. 

...that is a factor and as a manager wether we liked it or not, he (Brys) took the right stance in not being bullied by the people above him!!!

Forest manager might not be having such a bad time,  if he had said no to the madness of their summer window. 

Apart from Sowah, who now plays for Club Brugge, none of those loanees has gone on to achieve anything. 

Braybrooke would be a different proposition,  you can see he clearly has it, and Brys would know wether he would fit OHL or not.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/vardy-braybrooke-leicester-iniesta-modric-7799596?fbclid=IwAR17_s0Wm66qHcTwsaGiH1-lbHZCwQO-04BlrNmCi1iWFEJvNmad-GjqMHI

Jamie Vardy compares Sammy Braybrooke to iconic midfielder after debut 12 years in the making
The Leicester City teenager came on for his maiden first-team appearance during Tuesday evening's 3-0 victory over Newport County in the Carabao Cup third round

ByJordan Blackwell
07:00, 9 NOV 2022
0_Sammy-Braybrooke-4.jpg
Sammy Braybrooke made his Leicester City debut in the 3-0 win over Newport (Image: James Williamson - AMA/Getty Images)

It’s not yet decided if he’s the Leicester Iniesta or a mini Modric, but it’s clear there is a big future ahead for Sammy Braybrooke after his first-team debut.

The 18-year-old midfielder was given his maiden senior outing as a substitute in the 3-0 win over Newport on Tuesday night, coming on for the final 15 minutes. It marks another milestone for a local lad who has been with the club since the age of six.

Braybrooke has already been tipped for the top by manager Brendan Rodgers, who believes he will become an “outstanding” player. His team-mates are comparing him to some of the best midfielders around too.

After Tuesday’s win, Jamie Vardy wrote: “Well done the Leicester Iniesta” while title-winner Danny Simpson said: “Congratulations, Modric, plenty more to come.” It was Caglar Soyuncu who is credited with the “mini Modric” nickname, Braybrooke’s shoulder-length hair as well as his quality on the ball earning a comparison to the Croatian Ballon d’Or winner.

Braybrooke, an England Under-19 international, has been getting more and more involved with the first team, and this was the sixth time he has been in a matchday squad. The focus for City’s coaching team is to help him improve to a level where he can be a regular.

“I’m really pleased for Sammy,” assistant manager Chris Davies said after the match. “He’s a player who has been with us a few times in training, so we know him well, the players know him well.

“I thought he was excellent when he came on. He really adapted well to the speed of the game, and showed his touch, his technique, his passing, his vision.

“He’s a player that’s a real talent here in the academy, so credit to the academy for his development, and him for his attitude. It’s a step in the right direction. He needs to keep building and improving and we will support him to do that.”

Hailing from Wigston, it’s yet another academy player from the city or county to come through the ranks, with Harvey Barnes, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, and Luke Thomas in the first team already. Twelve years of work and development led to his debut.

“What a feeling making my debut for the club I’ve been at since six,” Braybrooke wrote on social media. “Hopefully more to come.”

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do we know if he’s actually a big supporter - from a foxes family?  I would have expected him to have written ‘my club’ rather than ‘the club’.

to debut for your club first team must be such a buzz (for your family too) 

Pretty sure I read his family are Leicester fans.

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do we know if he’s actually a big supporter - from a foxes family?  I would have expected him to have written ‘my club’ rather than ‘the club’.

to debut for your club first team must be such a buzz (for your family too) 

I would guess he's emphasising how long he's been here to show how much it means to him.

I wonder just how many other kids he's played with in all the different age groups from six to 18 years old have fallen by the wayside. It must be quite a surreal moment to make your first-team debut after all that time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Tidy debut. Wanted the ball and kept it pretty simple. Interesting to see if he can make it without bulking up. Can see why we might be holding off the loan to a low level of football. 

Saw the Newport manager saying a couple of words to him before he came on. Might know him from youth football, tapping him up for a loan or just being a nice guy wishing him well on his debut. 

I saw that too. It seemed strange that an opposition manager would go out of their way to encourage a player from another team, like a proud father encouraging his child before they take the field. I presume they must have some link from somewhere, but dont think I've ever seen that before.

Loan him to league one or higher for six months. Or give him more first team minutes when we're comfortable. And there's part of the solution to Youri walking and Mendy out of contract next season. And we ease our financial woes.

Edited by Foxxed

Something I thought was promising was how he shanked one attempted floated pass to Barnes quite badly into touch, but visibly got over it straight away and kept showing for passes and moving the ball on rather than hiding or playing safe. I also thought I noticed Faes giving him some encouragement which was nice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Something I thought was promising was how he shanked one attempted floated pass to Barnes quite badly into touch, but visibly got over it straight away and kept showing for passes and moving the ball on rather than hiding or playing safe. I also thought I noticed Faes giving him some encouragement which was nice.

Saw that. Nice touch from Faes. Had a tidy debut and I hope it’s not long before he gets involved again. Looks a real prospect and will only get better. It’s great seeing the young local lads coming through. You can feel the crowd spirits tangibly lift. 

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You formed that opinion from last night's classy little cameo? 

You'd expect him to go on loan in January, he really ought to have gone in the summer but it sounds like the club are toying with fast tracking him straight in to the 1st team squad and he doesn't look overrawed. He's exactly the sort of player Brendan likes.

So u think he is ready for 1st team football now , even if he made the squad he would sit on the bench week in week out , a loan deal would be much better for him , maybe look outside the box rather than think all kids coming through are 1st grade ready 

2 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

So u think he is ready for 1st team football now , even if he made the squad he would sit on the bench week in week out , a loan deal would be much better for him , maybe look outside the box rather than think all kids coming through are 1st grade ready 

I was just curious why you thought that. I don't dispute a loan wouldn't benefit him, we were told he was going on loan last summer but he didn't and it seems the club think he's very close to being ready for the first team. 

You can tell he's got something special, the club seem very invested in him too. Let's hope he progresses well, it will solve a massive headache that's on the horizon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

"What a feeling making my debut for MY club I’ve been at since six" would be a grammatically incorrect sentence anyway, so fair play to him for getting it right ;)

It's great to start seeing the effect the new training ground is having on the academy players grammar :appl:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sm1 said:

I saw that too. It seemed strange that an opposition manager would go out of their way to encourage a player from another team, like a proud father encouraging his child before they take the field. I presume they must have some link from somewhere, but dont think I've ever seen that before.

The leval to make it is so so high. And it really does make you wonder how some players make it to the professional level and either have terrible attitudes or are just absolute wank. ( Lee Marshall for example)

9 hours ago, sm1 said:

I remember years ago watching a Celtic CL game against Milan and Maldini was saw talking to Tierney at HT walking off the pitch and Tierney later said that he was giving him tips. 

I always thought that was a touch of class, not even waiting for the end of the game to pass on advise and wisdom. 

• Like 2