Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ant495

Sammy Braybrooke

12 hours ago, TommyK said:

A good debut for sure. Fitted right in. You wouldn't know he was 18. 

I think he needs to work on his movement in front of the back 4. He could have moved into space slightly better imo.

You never know how he's been instructed to play.

11 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

The leval to make it is so so high. And it really does make you wonder how some players make it to the professional level and either have terrible attitudes or are just absolute wank. ( Lee Marshall for example)

I think it was Johan Cruyff who said that 20 is the most dangerous age. It's around then that they tend to get a serious pay rise and the attention on them increases substantially as well.

If they're not already married with kids and/or they don't have a particularly positive family influence, then there's a risk that it could all go to their heads and they can get sucked in by all the distractions that are available to a young, newly wealthy man. I'd suggest that Lee Marshall probably 'enjoyed' his new found riches a bit too much.

Even our 'good' lads have been in hot water relatively recently, e.g. Barnes and Hamza at the Covid party. Thankfully both of them seem like decent blokes. You can't stop (and wouldn't want to stop) players enjoying themselves but I guess some can easily go down the wrong path.

Looks like he offers everything Mendy does at least. Able to keep the ball ticking over in that DCM role, if not the physical presence of Wilf. 

Would be good to get him out on loan for 6 months to top end lg1 or Championship club. And then get him into the first team squad next summer once Mendy’s contract is up/ Youri leaves etc.

18 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I think it was Johan Cruyff who said that 20 is the most dangerous age. It's around then that they tend to get a serious pay rise and the attention on them increases substantially as well.

If they're not already married with kids and/or they don't have a particularly positive family influence, then there's a risk that it could all go to their heads and they can get sucked in by all the distractions that are available to a young, newly wealthy man. I'd suggest that Lee Marshall probably 'enjoyed' his new found riches a bit too much.

Even our 'good' lads have been in hot water relatively recently, e.g. Barnes and Hamza at the Covid party. Thankfully both of them seem like decent blokes. You can't stop (and wouldn't want to stop) players enjoying themselves but I guess some can easily go down the wrong path.

Always made me laugh that such a shit player would draw attention to himself rocking the collar up look

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

that looks like a player that can more than just make the odd appearance in the cup games. Should be in the match day squads at least going forward. 

They included him jumping for a header 😭😭😭

Did look good though. His turning circle is absurd, he makes Madders look like Robert Huth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Looks like he offers everything Mendy does at least. Able to keep the ball ticking over in that DCM role, if not the physical presence of Wilf. 

Would be good to get him out on loan for 6 months to top end lg1 or Championship club. And then get him into the first team squad next summer once Mendy’s contract is up/ Youri leaves etc.

...he is not a DCM!!!

We are not going to hamper his development by playing him out of position. If anything you would see him as a Youri replacement. As I said before, whisk him off to Belgium,  get him playing in a league which plays good football and is very open and watch him build his game. Their are certain players in the OHL team that would thrive with him in the team, most notably Taamari who plays on the right.

• Like 1

that looks like a player that can more than just make the odd appearance in the cup games. Should be in the match day squads at least going forward. 

On his second touch Faes apologising for giving him a hospital pass. Obviously forgot he’s an 18 year old making his debut

What he does at 0:44 impressed me the most, even more so than some of the tidy passing -  you might have to manually slow it down to catch it well. He steps out to their (much bigger) winger, gets across him and gives him a good shove and anticipates where the ball is going way ahead of the winger. Lots of experienced players wouldn't have been that alert and he uses his body really well, again even smaller experienced players might not do that.

Looks like he has a fantastic footballing brain.

Nice to see Soumare giving him a huge hug at the end of the game, he's lovely isn't he?

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

What he does at 0:44 impressed me the most, even more so than some of the tidy passing -  you might have to manually slow it down to catch it well. He steps out to their (much bigger) winger, gets across him and gives him a good shove and anticipates where the ball is going way ahead of the winger. Lots of experienced players wouldn't have been that alert and he uses his body really well, again even smaller experienced players might not do that.

Looks like he has a fantastic footballing brain.

Nice to see Daka giving him a huge hug at the end of the game, he's lovely isn't he?

Agree with all that, apart from it was Soumare that was hugging him at the end.

Whats clear to me is that he was asked to go and do a (somewhat unspectacular) specific job, and i think he nailed it without looking remotely flustered or out of place. He showed he could hold up the ball and pass around with ease, and he could find spaces and move where was needed. All sounds like basic stuff, but it proves he has the right sort of footballing brain and that he didn't look out of place. If they think he is ready, as per the rumours, then fast tracking to the first team could be the best development for him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Agree with all that, apart from it was Soumare that was hugging him at the end.

Whats clear to me is that he was asked to go and do a (somewhat unspectacular) specific job, and i think he nailed it without looking remotely flustered or out of place. He showed he could hold up the ball and pass around with ease, and he could find spaces and move where was needed. All sounds like basic stuff, but it proves he has the right sort of footballing brain and that he didn't look out of place. If they think he is ready, as per the rumours, then fast tracking to the first team could be the best development for him.

Very assured, always looking before he receives the ball and plays quickly 

On 09/11/2022 at 16:30, lcfc sheff said:

respect for the person making the video who ends the clip when he picks the ball up in our area and doesn’t show him booting it out 😂

Thats why i don’t trust youtube scouting.

This guys is going to be the best player to come through our academy in 15 years… i’m sure if it 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Any quotes from Rodgers on Braybrookes debut?

“Showed tremendous character. It’s not always easy having to play young players because you haven’t had the chance to bring in new players in the summer to keep that competitiveness in the squad and freshen things up, but you’ll not hear me complain about it and I’ll keep working to improve young players as I have done all my life”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 08/11/2022 at 19:07, Scotch said:

The thing that struck me about him is that usually when young players come through, they seem to want to long on the ball. He appears to move the ball quickly and is better suited to the pace of the first team, albeit against a League 2 side. 

I got the feeling he would cut through their midfield and defence but for his ability to follow instructions.

Him and Alves together....seen them play a total of 30 mins..... but predicting an FA cup winning goal combo, 2025

• 1 month later...