Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ant495

Sammy Braybrooke

5 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Leeds were very willing to give their young un's a go today, in a much more difficult game than we had. Our academy players will just regress like most of the first team players under the management of this idiot. 

2 academy players played.

An interesting thought is how well is our academy preparing players both mentally and physically for the step up to the senior game?

Reading Brendan’s comments about mentality and looking at the amount of players we send out on loan who struggle to get a game when they arrive in League One and Two says something is wrong. There is no questioning the talent we’ve had the last few years, but when our on loan they are not being given a chance repeatedly, surely that points to a wider academy problem.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

An interesting thought is how well is our academy preparing players both mentally and physically for the step up to the senior game?

Reading Brendan’s comments about mentality and looking at the amount of players we send out on loan who struggle to get a game when they arrive in League One and Two says something is wrong. There is no questioning the talent we’ve had the last few years, but when our on loan they are not being given a chance repeatedly, surely that points to a wider academy problem.

These last 10 years amore,crunching it down to the last 5, now 2 (with seagrave).

We Leicester fans have watched other clubs young (academy) players, have their

moments and play decent games,some taking the next step,into PL,Championship, or other Profi leagues…

In reality Vardy’s short coaching school, also didn’t discover any top level clone..

or just a couple of names..,!

Leicester Academy coaches,seem so arrogantly over the top,they don’t see their charges worthy of first-team chances,or at least release them into a professional

Path already for their career…..

but “Still stay in charge of our various Academy levels”??

They are consistently failing .Look at our two new hopefulls,! were they daring?

Brunt,no imagination..! Time after time pumping the ball forward,no self desire to

take the situation on, ditto for the winger,who didn’t  take on players…

Thomas looks ok,he will have some Profi-career,hopefully “still” to grow at Leicester…KDH,Barnes…Top stars or squad fillers,time will tell..

This is far too less,especially after the platforms we built before & after the title win, that Ranieri,Puel, now Rodgers management-support,slowly destroyed…>Wahnsinn, madness..downright-waste<

17 hours ago, themightyfin said:

He was told he was getting pitch time yesterday. 

Let's hope Sammy doesn't get impatient and feels like he's in the plans.

This manager is so toxic. Will be having celebratory drinks when he goes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sammy is England u18 captain

someone with more time than me should go through the u18 England squad and see how many of them are getting any first team minutes 

U19 captain now. Also Nelson is first choice CB and K. Pennant is in the squad. 

They will probably all be out of contact in 2024. Surely the club will want to renegotiate before they get down to a year. What incentive are they getting to stay and develop their careers here? All need first team opportunities or quality loans. 

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sammy is England u18 captain

someone with more time than me should go through the u18 England squad and see how many of them are getting any first team minutes 

Rico Lewis and Lewis Hall are getting minutes for Man City and Chelsea. Carney Chuk(the long name...) also at Chelsea.

Sonny Perkins who has been mentioned above scored for Leeds yesterday. Darko Gyabi has had some Leeds minutes this season too.

Ashley Phillips at Blackburn (who we should be all over!!) is playing a fair bit too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Rico Lewis and Lewis Hall are getting minutes for Man City and Chelsea. Carney Chuk(the long name...) also at Chelsea.

Sonny Perkins who has been mentioned above scored for Leeds yesterday. Darko Gyabi has had some Leeds minutes this season too.

Ashley Phillips at Blackburn (who we should be all over!!) is playing a fair bit too. 

There's a lad at Birmingham playing pretty regularly too

• Like 1

I'm not demanding he starts every game though he's probably got a bit of a case for it. It's just yet another aspect of Rodgers' supposed strengths that is a total myth. Why would you promise him minutes and not even play him? Does he not trust us against ****ing Gillingham? It's got a feel of setting fire to everything on his way out again, like earlier in the season.

Just totally illogical. Piss poor management.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm not demanding he starts every game though he's probably got a bit of a case for it. It's just yet another aspect of Rodgers' supposed strengths that is a total myth. Why would you promise him minutes and not even play him? Does he not trust us against ****ing Gillingham? It's got a feel of setting fire to everything on his way out again, like earlier in the season.

Just totally illogical. Piss poor management.

Agreed. If Rodgers can't play him against Gillingham then he's basically saying Braybrooke's not good enough for the football league - there are no 'easier' opponents to play him against.

People are being harsh on Rodgers here and are once again looking for things to get angry about. I think if we had put Gillingham to the sword in the first half as we should of he might have come on for Tielemans but the performance in the first half was so piss poor and the lead in the second so slender it would have been a risk to put on a teenager in a key part of the pitch. You can disagree with that but I think the argument is coherent,.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Generally people weren't happy with our display against Gillingham. 

Who do you propose should have been dropped to make way for Braybrooke? 

I'm generally happy that Rodgers puts out strong teams in the cups, he had to juggle for this game, if he'd have also thrown in Braybrooke and we'd have lost you'd all be slating him for it.

Just now, Sharpe&#x27;s Fox said:

People are being harsh on Rodgers here and are once again looking for things to get angry about. I think if we had put Gillingham to the sword in the first half as we should of he might have come on for Tielemans but the performance in the first half was so piss poor and the lead in the second so slender it would have been a risk to put on a teenager in a key part of the pitch. You can disagree with that but I think the argument is coherent,.

There's lots of occasions he could have played youngsters (winning comfortably vs Southampton, Watford, Norwich, MK Dons, Forest) and still hasn't. If it was 2-0 that'd be too fraught, if it was 5-0 he'd say it's too uncompetitive.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

There's lots of occasions he could have played youngsters (winning comfortably vs Southampton, Watford, Norwich, MK Dons, Forest) and still hasn't. If it was 2-0 that'd be too fraught, if it was 5-0 he'd say it's too uncompetitive.

Disagree that you should be introducing teenagers to Premier League games when you are bottom of the league and have a 23 man squad under any just about circumstances but that's just my opinion. I'm fine with him being introduced in cup games against League 2 opposition but think the circumstances weren't right in this one.

21 minutes ago, Sharpe&#x27;s Fox said:

He moaned in the week about players refusing to sign new contracts and then proceeded to play two players who are both out of contract this summer against the current worst team in the football league. He should have played Sammy over Tielemans, there was zero need to play Tielemans in that game. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, deep blue said:

A week ago Liverpool started one teenager and brought on another as sub in the same game.  Yesterday Leeds brought on a teenager as a late sub and he scored the winning goal.  Sometimes you have to take a risk with a promising youngster and give him a chance,  Rodgers is far too cautious in that respect..

Leeds won:jawdrop:

• Haha 1