Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

Just now, Jakemoore said:

Shit. But the one positive I can draw is that we don’t have the worst home atmosphere in the league - Brighton fans were truly atrocious. Other than a couple of cries of “allllbiiooon” we didn’t hear a peep from them the whole game. 

Didn't think it was that awful? Agreed on the Brighton fans though. Nice bunch probably too nice.

Guest Kopfkino

Brighton away is always terrible, away end is not geared up for a good atmosphere and the home fans are terrible (didn’t used to be so bad in the Championship). Don’t think I’ve ever hear away fans sound good on the TV there either. But our away fans are pretty doggo everywhere.

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Didn't think it was that awful? Agreed on the Brighton fans though. Nice bunch probably too nice.

We were ok but we only really got going because we were all fuming with VAR and the ref. I just wish we could sing and chant from the first whistle and help to build the players in to the game. Having said that, they didn’t exactly give us much to cheer about for the first 55 minutes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jakemoore said:

We were ok but we only really got going because we were all fuming with VAR and the ref. I just wish we could sing and chant from the first whistle and help to build the players in to the game. Having said that, they didn’t exactly give us much to cheer about for the first 55 minutes. 

Yeah, that's true still think we're all easing back into going to games to be honest.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Bad atmosphere, everyone was moaning, and the guy near me absolutely stank of BO

Wish I stayed at home 😅

I think he must have been the same guy on the train back to Lewes with me because he stunk of cat food and larger. 

• Haha 2

The ground is terrible to get to. You basically have to train in from somewhere else (Lewes) and there are no pubs (or anything really) near the ground. I arrived 1min after kick off and they had stopped serving beer until half time. Given the fact that there was not much to cheer in the first half, and the Brighton fans were silent, it was a bit flat. Second half was better as we were rallying and had something to cheer but overall not great.

11 hours ago, jim5000 said:

The ground is terrible to get to. You basically have to train in from somewhere else (Lewes) and there are no pubs (or anything really) near the ground. I arrived 1min after kick off and they had stopped serving beer until half time. Given the fact that there was not much to cheer in the first half, and the Brighton fans were silent, it was a bit flat. Second half was better as we were rallying and had something to cheer but overall not great.

Have to make a weekend of it for Brighton and then hang around the stadium post match (maybe they have got rid of opening up the bars post match) 

14 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Brighton away is always terrible, away end is not geared up for a good atmosphere and the home fans are terrible (didn’t used to be so bad in the Championship). Don’t think I’ve ever hear away fans sound good on the TV there either. But our away fans are pretty doggo everywhere.

It's a shallow raked stand directly behind the goal. It's pretty perfect tbh but we love excuses lol

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's a shallow raked stand directly behind the goal. It's pretty perfect tbh but we love excuses lol

This. Majority couldn’t be arsed simple as that. 

The only away end in the league that I genuinely do think you can blame for a poor atmosphere is Wolves, absolutely awful end.

• Like 4

I'd say disappointing. 

The simple fact is that we don't have enough people who want to get behind the team on a regular basis. 

Just feels there are too many people sitting back and waiting to be entertained rather than feel a part of it. 

It's not always demographics either as I was next to a bloke and his missus at Norwich and I thought they'd be as quiet as mice but they both gave it full gusto

• Like 4

Yesterday was the 1st game I missed this season.  Think the atmosphere has left something to be desired for a while.

We lack variety of songs, we don't get a song going that will last 7 or 8 mins ever and we don't seem to want to give it some, that's home and Away.  West Ham was tough coz of the split in the fans seating, Norwich wasn't awful but could have been much better.

On the other hand thought Thursday was excellent, we really gave it some.  There' the model to aspire to!!!

But the Vichai song (bless him) gets overdone and we are starting to sound like Forest, living in the past.

Where is a Cup winners song or mention of it by the fans, we are the FA CUP WINNERS???  Probably ONLY this season, for a while anyway.

The players who have songs barely get them sung, Cags & his todger, Wilf taking that ball, Tielemans & David Bowie.  We don't sing a song for Maddison (then again he doesn't deserve it currently) and Iborra (now there was invention, has long gone).

And we're all waiting for Dewsbury-Hall to come on!!!

Come on you masters of mirth, lecturers of the lyric, connoisseurs of the chants, this is your chance.

LETS BE AVIN YOU?????!!!!!:appl::schlupp:

• Like 4

Yes, good support isn't that difficult - We've had the numbers for years. 

All players should have a song for a starters - KDH's is a corker 

Old classics brought out and sung at the correct speed - When you're smiling - slow and proud - Ewan is a Welshman arm movements with lyrics  

New songs sung in the concourse and then to permeate across the whole away end - Seemed to be a great Timmy song yesterday but was too far from me to fully hear 

Simple - we just need more than say 20% of the away end wanting to contribute at any one time. 

Possibly need UFS to give the heads up each away game where they will be congregating? 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 3